About the Garmin GMS 10
Expand your Garmin system
Expand your Garmin system
This GMS 10 network port expander lets you connect multiple chartplotters and systems over your Garmin Marine network. The GMS 10 is easy to set up, so your peripheral devices will be detected and ready to use as soon as you connect them to your network. You can connect a number of multi-functional displays and sensors to your system and the high-speed data transfer performance will keep you in the know.
It's made for marine use, too, with water-resistant connections and sealed covers that keep moisture away from any unused data ports.
- network port expander
- connect multiple chartplotters, MFDs, and systems
- works with your Garmin Marine network
- high-speed data transfer
- water-resistant connections and sealed covers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-00351-00
What's in the box:
- Marine network port expander
- 7' Power cable with in-line 2A AGC fuse and 7-pin connector (bare wire on other end)
- 2 L-brackets
- Four M5 x 20mm bolts
- Four M5 nylock nuts
- 6' Marine Network cable (with RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 2 Snap-on cable collars
- 2 Collar gaskets (red)
- Grommet (1.25" diameter)
- Owner's Manual
- Bracket instructions
- Collar Instructions
- Grommet Instructions
Garmin GMS 10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin GMS 10
Overview: The Garmin Marine Network is a high-speed data system that lets you connect multiple components and sensors together aboard your vessel. This fast network is anchored by compatible GPSMAP chartplotters with built-in network links. Network-compatible components include GPS units, detailed charts, radar, sonar, satellite weather receivers, and other sensors. This GMS 10 Network Port Expander lets you share data between multiple sensor and multiple chartplotters. The switch operates at a blazing 100-megabits to give you Ethernet-like data transfer speeds for a robust network. Each multi-function display (MFD) can be independently configured with customizable pages. Installing multiple MFDs makes it easier to access the network from anywhere on your boat. The GMS 10 has five RJ-45 network ports, each with a waterproof cap, and comes with a 6' Marine Network cable. The Expander is powered by the included 7-foot, 7-pin cable (10-35 volts DC). The unit is 11.841" x 2.267" x 4.168", and weighs 19.75 ounces.
Multiple Connections: The GMS 10 makes it easy to expand your network. Most chartplotters have two network ports, so if you need to connect more network devices, or additional chartplotters, the Network Port Expander is the solution. Using two Expanders allow connection and data sharing between even more sensors and chartplotters.
LED Indicator Lights: Above each network port are three LED indicator lights:
- LNK/ACT: When the light is lit solid, a link has been established between the Expander and the attached device. A flashing light indicates the presesnce of network activity.
- DUP/COL: When the light is lit solid, the attached device is operating at full network capacity. When the light is off or flashing, the device is operating at half capacity.
- 100: When the light is on, the network is running at 100 megabits per second. Off means it it running at 10 megabits per second.
Network Cables: The Garmin Marine Network cables allow you to connect the chartplotters and sensors on your vessel to the Port Expander. The cables feature marine-construction capable of withstanding harsh conditions. Both ends of the cable are equipped with water-resistant RJ-45 Ethernet connectors, complete with protective collars and gaskets. A 1.25" diameter grommet is included for passing the cable through walls. Additional cables are available in 6' and 20' lengths.