About the Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx
Find your way over land and sea
Find your way over land and sea
The guidance experts at Garmin built the GPSMAP 276Cx all-terrain GPS navigator to keep you informed, no matter your location. Whether you're hiking the trail, fishing for dinner, or simply looking for the next highway exit, this all-weather, all-purpose navigator puts a wealth of data right at your fingertips. You can view its myriad maps clearly on the 5" display, and count on the durable waterproof housing to get it through rough conditions. It even gives you options for power so you can keep it conveniently charged.
BirdsEye Satellite Imagery offers a unique perspective on your location.
A navigator for all seasons
The versatile GPSMAP 276Cx is an update of Garmin's classic GPSMAP 276C navigator, but with plenty of new offerings. It boasts a rugged chassis with easy-to-operate buttons and a 5" color display that shows up well under bright sunlight. The included powered mount (with AMPS holes) lets you keep the navigator right where you want it, even on a boat. Thanks to its 8 gigabytes of internal memory, you won't have to worry about running out of room for more maps, and you can expand that capacity with optional microSD™ memory cards.
One of its enhancements includes satellite tracking for both GPS and GLONASS, for better location performance in heavy cover. A barometric altimeter and 3-axis compass help you keep your bearings. And it offers new wireless connectivity features — read more about them below.
Included basemap, plus support for more
The GPSMAP 276Cx comes preloaded with worldwide basemap with shaded relief. It also includes a free 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, which gives you a photographic aerial perspective of your surroundings. The navigator's compatible with a wide selection of add-on maps, including topographic, automotive turn-by-turn, custom, and marine maps and charts from Garmin, plus raster and vector maps. You can plan your trips over different types of terrain and choose your maps accordingly, secure in the knowledge the built-in basemap will have you covered.
Explore without fear as the Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx leads the way.
The GPSMAP 276Cx is ANT+ compatible so you can pair it with fitness accessories and external sensors to keep track of stats like ambient temperature while you're in the wild. Connect it via Wi-Fi® to your computer and join other outdoor enthusiasts in the Garmin Connect online community; you can upload your adventures and track important details for your excursion, or simply get feedback and ideas for future adventures.
Bluetooth® benefits, including Active Weather
This navigator's also ready for Bluetooth® connectivity, so you can pair with your favorite wireless headphones. You can also pair it with most smartphones to see notifications of incoming calls and texts on the navigator's 5" display, so you can keep your phone safely stowed away. Load the free Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone to see Active Weather detailed information and in-depth forecasts on the GPSMAP 276Cx, including animated weather tracking so you won't get caught by a sudden change in outdoor conditions.
Power the way you want it
Garmin built the GPSMAP 276Cx to complement your explorations, whether you're near a reliable power source or not. Garmin includes a removable rechargeable lithium-ion pack with the navigator with up to 16 hours of life per charge, but it'll also work with three AA batteries, which will run the device for up to eight hours. If you're going to be away from an opportunity to plug in for a while, you can still take advantage of the navigator's handy features.
- all-terrain portable GPS navigator
- 5" WVGA color display (800 x 480 pixels)
- AC power adapter, micro-USB cable, and removable rechargeable battery pack with up to 16 hours of life
- AMPS powered mounting bracket with marine bail mount
- 8GB internal memory (expandable with optional microSD memory cards)
- barometric altimeter and 3-axis electronic compass
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- built-in ANT+ connectivity
- built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- compatible with optional Garmin maps:
- TOPO (terrain contours and searchable points of interest), TOPO US 24K (adds turn-by-turn directions), and HuntView
- CityNavigator (turn-by-turn directions)
- BlueChart g2 HD marine charts
- custom, raster, and vector maps
- includes one-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for real-life aerial terrain views
- compatible with GPS and GLONASS tracking satellites
- stores up to 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes
Other Features & Specs:
- compatible with Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile smartphone app
- hunt/fish calendar and sun/moon information
- Active Weather display when paired with Garmin Connect Mobile smartphone app
- waterproof rating: IPX7
- accepts 3 optional AA batteries (not included) for up to 8 hours of life
- dimensions: 7-9/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 1-5/8"D
- weight: 15.9 oz. with rechargeable battery pack; 14.6 oz. with AA batteries (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01607-00
What's in the box:
- All-terrain portable GPS navigator
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (3.7V 4400mAh 16.28Wh)
- Switching Power Supply (DC output: 5V 2A)
- US 2-pronged power plug adapter
- Powered mounting bracket with attached 6' power cable
- Security Screw
- Marine bail mount
- 40" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B 2.0 USB on other end)
- Quick Start Manual
- Bail Mount Instructions
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Birds Eye Satellite Imagery subscription info
- Power Adapter Assembling Instruction sheet
Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx
Features & specs
|Points of Interest||Custom POIs|
|Multiple Destination Routing||No|
|Digital Audio Playback||No|
|Text To Speech||No|
|Dynamic Content Services||Weather|
|Removable Memory Type||microSD card|
|Battery Life||16 Hrs (L-ion) / 8 Hr (AA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx is a hand-held, all-terrain GPS navigator designed for use for many outdoor activities, such as boating, hunting, fishing, or hiking. The unit features a large 5", full-color, wide-screen LCD display with a display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. It can be powered by the supplied rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (3.7v, 4400mAh, 16.28Wh) or three "AA" batteries (not included). The GPSMAP 276Cx has a water rating of IPX7, which is resistant to rain, snow, splashes, or incidental immersion of up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water. The device comes with a bail mount for marine installation and a sturdy handlebar mount for use on your all-terrain vehicle. It does not include a suction cup dash/windshield mount.
GPS Receiver: The unit has a high-sensitivity GPS + GLONASS satellite receiver with a built-in antenna which lets you quickly find your precise location, even in less-than-ideal locations. You can also enable the system to use WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System). You can add an external antenna via the built-in MCX connector, for improved reception inside of your vehicle, if desired.
Bluetooth / Wi-Fi: The GPSMAP 276Cx can connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth through the Garmin Connect mobile app. The unit can also be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Through these wireless methods, you can update the unit's software, upload activities (as well as your current location and tracks) to Garmin Connect (and to social media sites), obtain weather maps, forecasts, and reports, and download geocache data.
Compass/Altimeter: The GPSMAP 276Cx is equipped with a 3-axis electronic compass. The compass is tilt-compensated, showing your heading without having it hold it level. The unit also has a built-in altimeter.
Included / Optional Maps: The GPSMAP 276Cx comes with a worldwide land basemap with coverage for oceans, rivers, lakes, principal cities, small cities, major interstates and principal highways, railroads, and political boundaries (states, international borders, etc.). The unit has a slot for an optional microSD card for adding optional maps. The GPSMAP 276Cx supports optional Garmin City Navigator street maps, Garmin TOPO maps, Garmin HuntView maps, and BlueChart g2 HD marine charts.
Note: The "automotive bundle" version of GPSMAP 276Cx (010-01607-05) includes lifetime City Navigator maps. The model sold by Crutchfield does not.
BirdsEye Satellite Imagery: The GPSMAP 276Cx comes with a free 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (a $29.99 value). BirdsEye Imagery lets you view detailed, high-resolution color satellite imagery on your device to give you a true representations of your surroundings. The images can be layered with optional TOPO or City Navigator maps for a real-life view of roads, buildings, and terrain.
Waypoints/Routes/Tracks: Using the Mark key, you can record and store your current location as a waypoint. Important waypoints can be saved to mark an exact location, such as a favorite fishing hole, a gorgeous view, or where you parked your car. Waypoints show you where you are, where you have been, and where you are going. Waypoints can be named, and details added, such as elevation and depth. Up to 10,000 waypoints, favorites, and locations can be saved. A route is a sequence of waypoints that leads you to a selected destination. A track is a recording of the path you have taken based on saved waypoints along the way. Up to 250 routes and 250 tracks can be saved, so you can navigate to them over and over.
Geocaches: If you are active in Geocaching, you can connect the unit to your computer via USB cable (not included) and download the coordinates from the Internet (geocaching.com). The unit has a Geocache menu position where you can find your downloaded Geocaches and navigate to them.
Power Requirements: The GPSMAP 276Cx is powered by the supplied Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V, 4400mAh, 16.28Wh). The battery can be charged in the unit when the supplied USB cable and AC adapter are connected. You can also use the included mounting bracket which has a DC hardwiring option to power the unit and charge the battery. The unit can also be powered by three AA alkaline, Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH), or Lithium batteries. Battery life is approximately 16 hours with the Lithium-Ion battery, and up to 8 hours with the AA batteries.
Optional ANT+ Sensors: The GPSMAP 276Cx can wirelessly connect to external sensors to help you monitor your performance. You can connect optional Garmin ANT+ sensors, such as the Bike Speed Sensor, Bike Cadence Sensor, and Heart Rate Monitor. In addition, the unit can display the ambient temperature with the Tempe ANT+ sensor, as well as remotely control a Garmin VIRB action camera. ANT+ is a 2.4 GHz wireless technology that allows the GPS unit and your monitoring devices to communicate with each other.
Connections: The GPSMAP 276Cx has two connectors on the back panel, covered by weatherproof flaps:
- USB: The Mini-B 2.0 USB port lets you connect to your computer with the supplied USB (Mini-B to Type A) cable.
- MCX: An MCX (micro coaxial) connector is provided for attaching an external GPS antenna, such as the GA 25MCX. An external antenna will give you better GPS signals when using inside your vehicle.
Additional Tools: For convenience, the GPSMAP 276Cx has several tools that you can use:
- Calendar: for checking dates at a glance, including day, week, and month views
- Sun and Moon: displays sunrise and sunset times, and moon phases, based on your GPS position
- Alarm Clock: you can set an audible alarm, or to turn the device on at a specific time
- Hunt and Fish: displays the predicted best dates and times for hunting and fishing at your current location
- Tide: shows times for high and low tide, based upon your current location
The Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx replaces these items
- TOPO 100K topographic maps of the entire U.S. and Puerto Rico
- electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- operates on FRS (0.5 watts) and GMRS (5.0 watts) frequency bands
2 questions already asked