About the Garmin Index S2
All the facts
All the facts
Checking your weight every day is smart. You know what's smarter? Checking your weight with Garmin's Index S2 smart scale. This Wi-Fi connected wonder measures weight, BMI, body fat and body water percentages, plus muscle and bone mass — providing you with an in-depth look at your total body composition. You can customize the bright color display to see just the info you want. And when you step on this scale, you'll also get to see weight trend graphs, your last measured weight, and even the day's weather forecast (smartphone connection required). Everyone in your home can use it, too — Index S2 will keep track of up to 16 individual profiles.
Index S2 communicates with the Garmin Connect app. Load the free app onto your phone and you can do a deep dive into your wellness stats. You'll have a comprehensive record of all your weigh-in data, so you can easily identify trends and celebrate your successes.
- smart scale with Wi-Fi connectivity
- works with Garmin Connect app (iOS and Android compatible)
- TFT LCD high-resolution color display
- body fat %
- body water %
- muscle mass
- bone mass
- tracks up to 16 users
- weight trend and weight change features
- weather forecast
- battery life: average of 9 months (4 AAA batteries supplied)
- dimensions: 12.6" x 12.2" x 1.1"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02294-02
What's in the box:
- Smart scale (black)
- 4 Adhesive-backed plastic risers
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin Index S2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Index S2
Overview: The Garmin Index S2 smart scale is an essential tool for helping you reach and maintain your health and fitness goals. Not only does it measure your weight, it can also calculate your body mass index (BMI), muscle mass, bone mass, body fat percentage, and water percentage. Index S2 is compatible with Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz), Bluetooth Smart, and ANT+ wireless connectivity, so your results can be transferred to your Garmin Connect account on your computer or mobile device. You can create up to 16 profiles to be used by family, friends, or teammates. The smart scale operates on 4 "AAA" batteries (supplied).
Note: Shoes and socks should be removed prior to stepping on the scale, in order to take advantage of all of the health measurements. Otherwise, the scale will only measure weight and BMI.
Bioelectrical Impedance: The Index S2 smart scale uses bioelectrical impedance to calculate your body composition. When you step on the scales, a small amount of electrical current is sent from one foot through your body to the other foot. The electrical signal is measured after it passes through your body, and the device calculates your body composition.
Note: Although you cannot feel the electrical current used by the scales, the device is not recommended for individuals with pacemakers or other internal medical devices. You should consult your physician before using this product if you are pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant.
Setting Up the Scale: For the most accurate weight measurements, the Index S2 smart scale should be used on a hard, flat floor. If you wish to use it on a carpeted floor, the four included plastic risers should be installed on the device's feet. The risers are not needed when the unit is used on a hard floor. To wake up the scale, you should tap the top platform with your toe. When the unit displays "0.0", it is safe to step on the scale. The Index S2 connects to the Garmin Connect account on your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. When connected via Wi-Fi, the unit checks daily for software updates, and uploads them between 1:00am and 4:00am. To set up your device using a computer, you must have a USB ANT Stick accessory (not included). The Garmin Express application helps you with setup on your computer.
Measurements: The Garmin Index S2 will measure your weight up to a maximum of 400 pounds, as well as other aspects of your body composition. You can set the unit of measure to pounds, kilograms, or stones and pounds, using the switch on the bottom of the device. In order to achieve the highest level of accuracy, it is recommended that you use the device at approximately the same time each day, and under the same circumstances. Activities such as eating, drinking, exercising, bathing, or using a sauna, steam room, or hot tub will impact your body's weight, hydration, and distribution of water. You should wait at least two hours after any of those activities before you weigh yourself. In addition to weight, the Index S2 smart scale can calculate the following:
- Weight Trend: As you weigh yourself daily, your weight is displayed on a line graph for one month. If you weigh yourself multiple times per day, the last measurement recorded each day is recorded.
- Body Mass Index (BMI): Body Mass Index is your weight in kilograms divided by your height in meters squared. BMI is used to estimate whether a person is underweight or overweight for their height.
- Skeletal Muscle Mass: the total amount of your weight attributed to muscle, expressed in pounds, kilograms, or stones and pounds.
- Bone Mass: the total amount of your weight attributed to bone, expressed in pounds, kilograms, or stones and pounds.
- Body Fat Percentage: the percentage of your total weight attributed to fat, included essential fat and storage body fat. Essential body fat is required for basic health.
- Body Water Percentage: the percentage of your total weight attributed to fluid. This measurement can be used to indicate your level of hydration.
Garmin Connect Account: The Index S2 smart scale will recognize up to 16 users, and each user must have their own Garmin Connect account. During setup, you will need to wirelessly connect the device to your computer or mobile device, and access your account. When you step on the scale, the user is automatically recognized based on weight and frequency of use, and their initials will appear on the display. You can manually change users by tapping the device until your initials are displayed.
Power Requirements: The Garmin Index S2 is powered by 4 "AAA" alkaline batteries. Only 1.5V batteries can be used. Typical battery life is approximately 9 months. When battery power is low, a Low Battery icon will appear in the display. Four "AAA" alkaline batteries are included.