About the Garmin LVS12
Scanning the depths
Scanning the depths
Garmin's Panoptix LiveScope LVS12 transducer system lets you add real-time scanning sonar to your GPSMAP 8400 or 8600xsv Series chartplotter/sonar combo without breaking the bank or installing a black box system. With two imaging modes, you'll see what's happening down below in real time.
Look ahead, around, and down
This transducer features both LiveScope Forward sonar, which shows the structure and fish ahead and around your boat, and LiveScope Down sonar, which shows you what's below and around your boat. You can switch from one view to the other, or have both views side-by-side on your chartplotter. Built-in AHRS (Attitude Heading Reference System) stabilization keeps the view steady, even when the water gets choppy.
Fishing in real time
Panoptix LiveScope is live, real-time scanning sonar. You can actually see easy-to-interpret images of fish swimming near clearly defined structures. And your boat doesn't even need to be moving. It works just fine when you're anchored or floating.
Versatile and durable
Use the included hardware to mount it directly to the transom, or mount it to the shaft or motor barrel of your trolling motor for easy adjustment to suit your fishing style. You can also use the LVS12 transducer as a supplemental source for traditional and ClearVü sonar.
- Panoptix LiveScope dual-mode transducer
- works with Garmin GPSMAP chartplotters
- equipped with both LiveScope Forward and LiveScope Down sonar
- built-in Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) stabilization
- 30-degree viewing angles and 200-foot max depth below and around your boat
- mounts to the transom, or to the shaft or motor barrel of your trolling motor
- dimensions: 4-1/2" x 3-5/8" x 1"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02143-00
What's in the box:
- Panoptix LiveScope LVS12 transducer with 20' cable (12-pin plug)
- Ferrite-core noise filter
- Hose clamp
- Trolling motor mounting bracket
- M6 bolt with knob
- Curved trolling shaft bracket
- Angled trolling shaft bracket
- Four M6 x 25mm socket-head screws
- 2" x 3" Rubber pad
- Transom-mount bracket
- Transom-mount extension
- Two M5 x 43mm Phillips-head bolts
- 2 Rubber washers
- 2 Flat metal washer2
- Two M5 nylock nuts
- 2 Pan-head screws (M4.5 x 20mm)
- Installation Instructions
- Ferrite core installation sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin LVS12
Overview: The Garmin Panoptix Livescope LVS12 transducer allows you to add real-time scanning sonar to your GPSMAP 8400/8600xsv series of chartplotter/sonar combos. The transducer provides 30-degree forward and 30-degree down views so you can see what's under the surface of your boat. The LVS12 has an attached 20-foot cable (with a 12-pin plug), and comes with a trolling motor mount and a transom mount.
Compatible Units: The LVS12 is compatible with the following chartplotter/sonar units: GPSMAP 8410xsv, GPSMAP 8412xsv, GPSMAP 8416xsv, GPSMAP 8610xsv, GPSMAP 8612xsv, and GPSMAP 8616xsv.
Forward and Down Views: The Livescope scanning sonar offers a field of view with two 30-degree sectors front-to-back, and 20 degrees side-to-side. The transducer provides a real-time 30-degree view of structure and fish swimming up to 200' away from your boat, so you can cast right at the fish you see on your chartplotter/fishfinder's display. It also shows a 30-degree down view of structure and fish up to 200' below your boat, which is ideal for vertical fishing and jigging. On the display, you can show one view at a time, or both views side-by-side. The Livescope LVS12 sonar can be used as a supplement to your traditional and ClearVü sonar, easily switching between views.
AHRS: The Livescope LVS12 is equpped with the Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) which will provide stable on-screen sonar views, even when the water is rough. The AHRS sensor constantly adjusts the sonar beams to compensate for boat motion.
Installation: The Panoptix Livescope LVS12 can be mounted to your boat's transom, or to a trolling motor. Installation hardware is included for mounting the transducer to the side of the trolling motor or to the trolling motor shaft. The transducer has a 20-foot cable, and connects directly to a compatible GPSMAP unit via its 12-pin plug. It does not require a "black box."
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 0.94" x 3.75" x 4.47"
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Frequencies: From 530 kHz to 1.1 MHz
- Power: 500W
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 104F
- Maximum Depth/Distance: 200 feet
- Field of View:
- Front to Back: Two 30-degree sectors (60 degrees total)
- Side to Side: 20 degrees
1 question already asked