About the Garmin Montana® 750i
Go far with Garmin — and take pictures to share!
Go far with Garmin — and take pictures to share!
The Montana 750i handheld GPS from Garmin lets you master the outdoors with a sensational blend of toughness and practicality. It offers maps for on- and off-road excursions on foot, boat, or wheels. The stunning 5" dual-orientation touchscreen display lets you see the maps clearly, while advanced sensors keep you on the right path. A built-in 8-megapixel camera lets you capture your adventures with clarity, and you can geotag your photos to share with your friends or for return visits. It also comes with Garmin's inReach satellite communication technology, so you can be sure to stay in touch with your friends or emergency aid no matter where you roam.
See and feel your way with a colorful 5" touchscreen
The 5" color touchscreen on the Montana 750i lets you check out the included basemap and routable topographic maps, even in direct sunlight. The dual-orientation display lets you view maps in portrait or landscape mode — whatever works for you. The navigator's expedition mode offers up to 300 hours of battery life while tracking your location every 30 minutes, while the GPS mode offers up to 18 hours of life with the rechargeable battery.
Built-in camera for vacation pics
You might not consider yourself a shutterbug, but the Montana's 8-megapixel digital camera could remedy that. It features autofocus to help images look their best, plus automatic geotagging (which can be disabled). You can return to the exact same spots on future excursions and let your friends find them as well, if you choose to share your photos.
Ready for abuse from man and nature
Not only is the Montana 750i built to military specifications for temperature and shock conditions, it also boasts resistance to damage by vibrations, so you can take it on the most challenging trails and waterways around. A variety of optional mounts let you safely use this navigator with your bicycle, boat, motorcycle, car, RV, or ATV. And of course, it's IPX7 waterproof rated, so it'll be fine if it falls into puddles or streams.
A bounty of maps
The Montana 750i comes preloaded with a comprehensive basemap with shaded relief, plus Garmin TopoActive mapping for the U.S. and Canada that provides on- and off-road guidance. You also get direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads with no subscription fees, giving you a photographic aerial perspective of your surroundings. This Montana also includes a U.S. Federal Public Lands map so you'll be able to tell if you're encroaching on private property.
The navigator's compatible with a wide selection of add-on maps, including topographic, automotive turn-by-turn, custom, and marine maps and charts from Garmin, plus raster and vector maps. It also supports geocaching GPX files so you can download adventures straight to your device, saving paper and giving you more time to search.
Maintain contact with the Garmin Explore app and inReach technology
Garmin's Explore app lets you map, sync, and share your treks from anywhere, including regions without cell coverage. And the app's your lifeline to the Iridium global satellite network, so when you trigger an SOS the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team will track your device and contact the nearest emergency responders.
If you're part of an expedition, text communication with the rest of your crew is easy as long as you're all using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables, or other mobile devices with inReach — you also get LiveTrack location sharing so people can follow your position remotely. inReach weather forecasts can keep your device up-to-date on changing conditions nearby. A subscription is required to access the Iridium global satellite network.
The Montana 750i features a powerful antenna and sensitive GNSS receiver which works with GPS and Galileo satellite networks. It'll find you in a hurry and lock on to your position, whether you're in a deep canyon and under thick foliage, or surrounded by skyscrapers. The handheld's 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter help keep you on course.
Take more maps with you
The Montana 750i offers 16 GB of onboard memory, so you can download additional topo, marine, and road maps with ease. It'll also accept maps via microSD™ card. Garmin's Custom Maps feature lets you transform your old paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps you can transfer to the handheld, for extra backup.
Garmin Connect keeps you in the loop
The Garmin Connect app keeps you up-to-date on weather alerts, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation, and clouds — all through your mobile device with cell service. It also connects you with Geocaching Live for real-time fun as new caches are uploaded nearby. And you can keep up with other Garmin users through the Garmin Connect online community, where you can find new places to discover and trails to explore.
- handheld GPS navigator with satellite communication capability
- includes USB cable and rechargeable battery pack
- built-in 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and geotagging
- 5" (480 x 800 pixels) dual-orientation WVGA color touchscreen
- 16GB internal memory
- expandable with optional microSD memory cards 32 GB max
- SOS feature: alerts GEOS 24/7 emergency response
- barometric altimeter and 3-axis electronic compass
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- built-in ANT+ connectivity
- built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- built-in basemap with shaded relief
- built-in TopoActive maps of the United States and Canada
- built-in U.S. Federal Public Lands maps
- compatible with optional Garmin maps:
- CityNavigator (turn-by-turn directions)
- BlueChart g2 HD marine charts
- custom, raster, and vector maps
- includes access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for real-life aerial terrain views
- compatible with GPS and Galileo tracking satellites
- stores up to 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes
inReach Satellite Communication Features (subscription required):
- send and receive texts
- worldwide GEOS-supported 24/7 emergency monitoring
- inReach weather forecasts
- works with Garmin's Explore app on compatible smartphones (no cell signal necessary)
Other Features & Specs:
- compatible with Garmin Connect and Garmin Explore smartphone apps
- hunt/fish calendar and sun/moon information
- Active Weather display and/or Geocaching Live when paired with Garmin Connect smartphone app
- flashlight and picture viewer
- waterproof rating: IPX7
- MIL-STD 810 (military standard) for thermal, shock, water and vibration
- battery life: up to 18 hours in GPS mode (300 hours in expedition mode)
- dimensions: 3-9/16"W x 7-1/4"H x 1-5/16"D
- weight: 14.5 oz. (with included lithium-ion battery pack installed)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02347-00
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Montana® 750i