About the Garmin nuvi® 350
Garmin's tiny nüvi 350 navigator about the size of a deck of playing cards makes a powerful traveling companion. It provides accurate GPS navigation, getting you to your destination with ease. On top of that, it acts as a personal travel and entertainment assistant, giving you an MP3 player, an audio book player, and a handy digital travel kit which includes a picture viewer, world clock, currency converter, measurement converter, and calculator.
The built-in, flip-up antenna receives the GPS (Global Positioning System) satellite signal. Preloaded maps of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico display on the 3.5" screen, showing you where you are and where you're going. Voice prompts delivered over the built-in speaker tell you whenever a turn is coming up. Rather than saying "turn left ahead," the nüvi 350 uses text-to-speech technology to announce actual street names, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
To enter a destination, just use the touchscreen controls to select a street address or intersection. Or dig into the database of millions of points of interest, such as hotels and restaurants, and you'll be able to find places you'd like to go in the cities you're visiting.
You can use the included USB cable to upload MP3s, digital pictures, and audio books (from Audible.com) from your home computer. Garmin also included a Secure Digital (SD) card slot on the side of the nüvi 350, so you can access your SD cards loaded with MP3s and pictures. Garmin's Point of Interest loader program also lets you save customized points of interest for future use.
The nüvi 350 also offers you the option of expansion. Language and travel guides are available from Garmin, which give you access to multi-language wordbanks and phrasebooks, plus handy travel tips, like hotel and restaurant reviews. Connect a Garmin traffic information receiver (see "Accessories"), and you'll be able to subscribe to Clear Channel's Traffic Message Channel. It provides you up-to-the-minute information on traffic flow, accidents, construction, and more along your programmed route, so you can avoid potential traffic snags.
The nüvi 350 comes with home and car power adapters. Its internal rechargeable battery also offers 4-8 hours of performance. The included suction-cup bracket mounts the nüvi 350 firmly on your windshield for easy visibility at a glance.
- portable GPS satellite navigation unit with built-in antenna
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel-channel GPS receiver
- 3.5" color screen with touchpanel controls
- internal flash memory with preloaded detailed maps of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
- text-to-speech technology lets voice prompts announce road names over the built-in speaker
- nearly six million points of interest
- 3-D map views available
- digital travel kit: MP3 player, audio book player, picture viewer, world clock, currency converter, measurement converter, and calculator
- works with optional receiver to deliver up-to-the-minute traffic information (subscription also required)
- home and car power adapters
- built-in rechargeable battery with 4-8 hours of life
- USB cable
- Secure Digital (SD) card slot (supports up to 2GB)
- suction-cup mount
- works with Garmin's POI loader program to allow uploads of custom points of interest
- optional language and travel guide software
- 3-15/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 5.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-00455-00
What's in the box:
- Portable car navigation receiver
- Suction-cup mount
- Hard plastic mounting disk with self-adhesive base
- AC power adapter with attached 6' cable (Output: 5V/1A)
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 6' cable (has 1A fuse installed)
- 37" USB cable (with USB-A connector on one end and USB Mini-B Type 2.0 connector on the other end)
- Leather carry case
- Quick reference guide
- nüvi Product Information Sheet
- "Important! Unlock Code Enclosed" sheet
- audible.com Digital Audiobook Download Card
- "Audio Lunchbox" sheet
Garmin nuvi® 350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin nuvi® 350
Features & specs
|Map Coverage||USA, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Points of Interest||6,000,000|
|Multiple Destination Routing||No|
|Digital Audio Playback||---|
|Text To Speech||Yes|
|Dynamic Content Services||---|
|Removable Memory Type||SD Memory card|
|Battery Life||8 hours|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: The nüvi 350 is a portable GPS navigator, traveler's reference, and digital entertainment system, all in one. Combined with detailed maps, the nüvi 350 provides automatic routing, turn-by-turn voice directions, and touchscreen control. In addition to these navigation features, the nüvi 350 can play MP3 files and audio books (available from Audible.com).
Internal Memory: The nüvi 350 comes with approximately 700 MB of internal memory for storage of supplemental maps, photos, MP3s, and audio books. When the unit is connected to your computer, the nüvi 350 is recognized as an additional drive.
SD Memory Slot: The nüvi 350 can display photo images or play back MP3 audio files or audio books from an optional SD memory card.
Map Software: The nüvi 350 comes loaded with City Navigator NT software, which contains mapping detail of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The maps feature nearly 6-million points of interest (POIs), such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions.
Satellite Status: Once the GPS receiver in the nüvi 350 has collected the necessary data to calculate a fix, the status field indicates a 2D or 3D status. A 2D status means that at least three satellites with good geometry have been locked onto, and a two-dimensional position fix (latitude and longitude) is calculated. A 3D status means that at least four satellites with good geometry have been locked onto, and your position is calculated in latitude, longitude, and elevation.
GPS Accuracy: This unit's GPS positioning capability is accurate to less than 10 meters (32 feet). When WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) is enabled, accuracy is less than 5 meters (16 feet).
Touchscreen Display: The unit features a bright, 3.5" (diagonal) LCD with touchscreen controls. The display has a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 4:3 and 64,000 colors. The screen has a manual brightness adjustment.
Custom Points of Interest: The nüvi 350 will accept custom points of interest (POI) databases, available from various companies on the Internet. Some custom POI databases contain alert information for points such as safety cameras and school zones, and the unit can notify you as you approach one of these points. To download custom POIs, you will need the Garmin POI Loader software, available on Garmin's website.
Information Pages: The information provided by the nüvi 350 is found on various display screens called pages. Each page gives you the following information:
- Indicates real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route
- Shows map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns
- Allows you to zoom, pan and point using the touchscreen controls
- When you are following a route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner. The distance to the next turn (Turn In) is shown in the lower right corner.
- When you are simply driving while viewing the Map page (not following a route), your speed is shown in the lower left corner. The direction you are driving is shown in the lower right corner.
- Trip Information:
- Shows current compass heading while moving
- Indicates current speed, average driving speed, overall average speed, maximum speed
- Calculates driving time, stopped time and total time
- Displays overall distance traveled (odometer) and distance to your final destination
- Current Route:
- Displays a list of turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route as well as arrival information
- Shows direction of each turn and distance
- Next Turn:
- Shows the next turn on the map and the distance and time left before you reach the turn
Where To? During navigation, you can search for places by pressing "Menu", then "Where To?" You can select an Address, Food, Lodging, My Locations (including recent finds), Fuel, Intersections, Attractions, Shopping, Parking, Entertainment, Recreation, Community, Cities, Hospitals, Transit or Auto Services. You can also access Spell Name for direct entry of your new destination, or browse the map. You can search for locations near your present location (default), or select a different city, your current route, or your destination.
Avoid: You can program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route. Examples of things that can be avoided include: U-Turns, Highways, Unpaved Roads, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, and Traffic.
Waypoints: You can manually mark and name any map position as a "waypoint" for later recall.
Map Orientation: You can select one of three map orientation displays:
- 2D Track Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
- 2D North Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays North at the top of the screen
- 3D Track Up: three-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
Screen Color Mode: You can select one of three color modes for the display screen:
- Daytime: has a lighter, brighter background
- Nighttime: has a black background, easier to see at night
- Auto: display automatically switches between daytime and nighttime at sunrise and sunset
Indoor Use: When indoors, you can activate the built-in simulator and practice using the unit. This turns off the GPS receiver so it's not searching for satellites.
Travel Kit: The Travel Kit gives you access to the following:
- Language Guide: The optional Garmin Language Guide puts data from Oxford's multilingual resources and five bilingual dictionaries in the palm of your hand. A sample version is preloaded on the nüvi 350 and the full version can be purchased off the Garmin website.
- Travel Guide: Much like a paper travel guide, the optional Garmin Travel Guide provides information about places, such as restaurants and hotels. The guide can be purchased off the Garmin website.
- MP3 Player: The nüvi 350 can play MP3 files. The music files must be stored on an optional SD memory card or transferred to the internal memory.
- Audible Book Player: The nüvi 350 can play audio books that have been purchased from Audible.com.
- Picture Viewer: The nüvi 350 can display photo images (jpeg files). The image files must be stored on an optional SD memory card or transferred to the internal memory.
- World Clock: The world clock allows you to display the current time for four location throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world.
- Currency Converter: This feature allows you to update the currency rates manually so you are always using the most current information.
- Measurement Converter: You can convert the following: area, distance, speed, temperature, volume, and weight.
- Calculator: The calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Optional FM TMC Traffic Receiver: Using an optional Garmin FM TMC Traffic Receiver, the nüvi 350 can receive and use traffic information broadcast over the FM Radio Data System (RDS). When a message is received, the unit displays the event on the map and can change your route to avoid the traffic incident. Receiving traffic information requires a subscription.
Power Requirements: The nüvi 350 operates on your vehicle's battery using the included 12-volt cigarette lighter power adapter, the built-in Lithium-Ion batteries, or household current using the supplied AC adapter. The Lithium-Ion batteries provide up to approximately 8 hours of use. Stored data, such as waypoints or unit settings, are not lost when the unit is disconnected from a power source.
Antenna: The built-in antenna is located in the unit's back panel and must be flipped up during navigation. An optional external antenna (GA 27C) may be needed when operating the unit with a coated windshield or an in-screen heating system, which can block the GPS signal. The unit has an external GPS antenna jack with an MCX-type connector.
Mounting Options: The unit should be securely installed when used in a vehicle. The unit comes with a mounting bracket that includes a suction cup. The suction cup can be used to mount the unit to the windshield or to the dash (using the plastic mounting disk). Once the nüvi 350 is mounted, it can be adjusted on the ball-and-socket bracket for best visibility.
Note: If you're not using a remote antenna, the unit must be installed where it has a relatively unobstructed view of the sky.
Interface Capability: This unit can be connected to a PC via the supplied USB cable. This interface allows you to download additional map information to the unit's flash memory.
- USB: USB Mini-B Type 2.0 that allows you to connect the nüvi 350 to a computer using the supplied USB cable. This port also allows you to connect the supplied cigarette lighter adapter or AC power adapter.
- Headphones: minijack headphone output
- Antenna: when the GPS antenna is flipped up, this port is revealed; this port allows you to connect an optional external GPS antenna (GA 27C)