About the Garmin quatix® 3
It's all on the wrist
It's all on the wrist
This NMEA 2000-compatible GPS smartwatch lets you stream data from compatible Garmin electronics, control a FUSION® marine stereo, get email and text alerts, or check out marine apps designed for fishermen and sailors. And that's not even all this waterproof watch can do!
The Garrrrrrrrrrrmin quatix 3 comes with both blue silicone and black leather bands. (Pirate joke -- we couldn't resist.)
A wearable instrument
The quatix 3 is designed for life on the water, with important fishing, cruising, and sailing features that basically make it a wearable instrument. The built-in navigation features include a three-axis compass, an altimeter, and a barometer.
You can also take advantage of easy-to-use apps for local tide info, sailboat racing timers, a fish catch counter and competition timer, an anchor watch, an alarm clock, and a lot more. The Man Overboard (MOB) button lets you save the location if a crew member goes over, so you can navigate back to the site.
Most importantly, the quatix 3 works with all your NMEA 2000 gear. You can stream data from compatible Garmin electronics and check on things like speed, water depth, temperature, wind data, and more.
This (very) smart watch isn't just for power and sail enthusiasts, though. If you're on a paddleboat, you can use the quatix 3 to track strokes and cadence. Canoeists and kayakers can use Sight ‘N Go navigation to stay on course. And if you're going surfing, check the tide tables and catch a big wave.
Tune in, tone up
Ever thought about tying a remote control to your wrist to keep from misplacing it? With the quatix 3 (and a 2014 or newer GPSMAP® chartplotter connected to the FUSION stereo via FUSION-Link) you can download a free app from the Connect IQ™ store and adjust volume, change tracks, and more on your FUSION marine stereo.
You won't need to leave this watch on your boat when you go ashore, either. It includes activity tracking and multisport functions, so you can record your running, hiking, and swimming data when you're in port. You can keep tabs on steps taken, stairs climbed, and calories burned. And if you think you sleep better on your boat, you can use the sleep monitoring tool to prove it!
Looks good, like a watch should
Some activity-oriented watches are long on function and short on fashion, which is why they get stored in gym bags when it's time to go out. Not the quatix 3. The stainless steel EXO bezel and buttons house a built-in, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS antenna, but your friends will just notice how cool it looks. The high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display™ has an LED backlight that allows you to check conditions (or email and text notifications) in any light. The quatix 3 comes with both blue silicone and black leather bands and it's even pre-loaded with a wide selection of marine-themed watch faces, so you can style it to suit your tastes.
The Garmin Face-It™ app makes it easy to customize your quatix 3 with photos from your mobile device. Just download the free app, choose an image, overlay the time, and there's your cool new watch face. If you like variety, keep a collection of faves in your watch face library and change looks whenever you like.
Water-rated to 100 meters
The quatix 3 is water-rated to 100 meters and, depending on your settings, has a battery life up to 20 hours (GPS mode), 50 hours (UltraTrac™ battery saver mode) and 6 weeks (watch mode).
- NMEA 2000-compatible GPS/GLONASS marine smartwatch
- ideal for powerboaters, sail boaters, canoeists, kayakers, paddleboaters, and more
- filled with features for cruising, sailing, and fishing
- works with Garmin marine electronics and FUSION receivers (compatible with Garmin Connect and FUSION-Link)
- navigation features include 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack® and Sight 'N Go
- easy-to-use marine apps provide local tide data, sail racing data, fish catch counter and competition timer, anchor watch, alarm clock and more
- time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, pace alerts, chimes, and vibration watch functions
- multisport functions for running, hiking, swimming, golfing, cycling, sailing, and more
- activity tracking feature counts steps taken, calories burned, and stairs climbed
- notifies wearer of incoming smartphone texts, calls, emails, and alerts
- sleep monitoring feature
- stainless steel EXO antenna with GPS/GLONASS reception
- customizable display fields, compatible with connect iQ app for custom watch faces, widgets, and data fields
- comes with both blue silicone and black leather bands
- use the Garmin Face-ItT app to pick a photo for your watch face
- battery: rechargeable 300mAh lithium-ion
- battery life: up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode; up to 20 hours in GPS training mode; up to 6 weeks in watch mode
- USB charging/data cable and AC adapter included
- automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- water rated to 100 meters
- dimensions: 2.0" x 2.0" x 0.6"
- weight: 3.0 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01338-1A
What's in the box:
- quatix 3 GPS smartwatch (with blue silicone band)
- Leather band (3 pieces)
- 2 Band removal tools
- 41" Data cable/USB charging clip (Type A USB)
- AC adapter (DC output: 5V 1A)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Watch Band Replacement instructions
Garmin quatix® 3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin quatix® 3
Overview: The Garmin quatix 3 is a GPS Smartwatch designed for the marine environment. It includes easy-to-use marine apps that provide data for local tides and sail racing, as well as a fish catch counter and competition timer. On land, you can use it for running, hiking, and walking, or to count your steps, calories burned, and stairs climbed. The GPS receiver accurately pinpoints and tracks your location during your activity. You can create routes to follow, or track where you've been. The results of your activities can be easily uploaded to the Garmin Connect online community for sharing.
LCD: The quatix 3 features a 1.2" diameter color Chroma display with a resolution of 218 x 218 pixels, and a sunlight readable negative black display. It has a protective, stainless steel bezel and a strong, scratch-resistant sapphire lens. The LED backlight comes on when you press any button, and can be set to time out in 8 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute, or stay on.
Water Resistant: The quatix 3 has a 10 ATM water rating, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 100 meters (328 feet). Not only can you wear the device in the rain and wet weather, you can even swim with it. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of -4° to 131°F.
Interchangeable Bands: The quatix 3 comes with a blue silicone watch band. A fine black genuine leather band is also included for more dressy occasions. Band removal tools are included in the box.
Marine Activities: The quatix 3 is designed for aquatic activities, such as boating, sailing, and fishing. The Tack Assist feature can help you determine if your boat is being lifted or headed due to wind shifts. When sail racing, you can use the device to increase the chances your boat will cross the starting line exactly when the race begins. If you're fishing, quatix 3 can keep track of your daily fish count, count down your competition time, and use an interval timer to determine your fishing pace. There's even a standalone Man Overboard (MOB) button that allows you to quickly save a location if a crew member goes overboard, so you can navigate right back to the site.
NMEA 2000 Data: The quatix 3 can stream NMEA 2000 data from compatible, fixed-mount Garmin devices. At a glance, you can view your speed, water depth, water temperature, wind data, and up to 7 days of tide data for your current location (data must first be downloaded to the quatix 3 from your smartphone).
Non-Marine Activities: On land, there is a wide variety of activities for using the quatix 3, such as skiiing (cross country, downhill, or snowboarding), hiking, running, biking, swimming, stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) or rowing. It is also valuable for multi-sport activities, such as triathlons. The built-in accelerometer can accurately calculate your speed and distance when running indoors or on a treadmill, when the GPS can't be used.
Golf: In addition to the above activities, quatix 3 lets you download distance data from the Garmin Golf Course database, and keep your score on the digital scorecard. As you play golf, distance information for each hole (front, middle, and back of green, plus layups and doglegs) are displayed on the quatix 3. The course must first be downloaded from the Garmin Connect app, then transferred to the quatix 3. The Garmin database has distance information for over 40,000 courses worldwide.
High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver: The unit features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a stainless steel EXO antenna, which keeps it locked onto satellites. With both GPS and GLONASS support, you can navigate and track your activities, create a "bread crumb" trail of where you've been, and mark locations (start/finish line, course checkpoint, your vehicle, or other points of interest). The quatix 3 is also equipped with altimeter (for elevation data), barometer (showing short-term air pressure trends), and compass sensors (to keep your bearings).
Rechargeable Battery: The quatix 3 has a built-in 300 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, which will give you up to 20 hours battery life in normal GPS mode, or 50 hours in the UltraTrac GPS mode with a one-minute polling interval. When not training, you can use the device as a digital watch for up to 6 weeks on a single charge. A 41" data cable/charging cradle is provided for charging the battery and uploading your training data. An AC adapter is provided for charging the battery via standard household current.
Navigation: The quatix 3 provides advanced navigation and tracking functions, utilizing the built-in GPS and altimeter, barometer, and compass. It can record a track log to show you where you've been. You can mark and save up to 1,000 waypoints/favorites/locations and 30 routes in the built-in 32 MB memory (23 MB available).
Bluetooth Connected Features: The Garmin quatix 3 features Bluetooth wireless technology that allows you to pair the device to your smartphone or mobile device through the Garmin Connect Mobile app (available for Android and iOS devices). When connected via Bluetooth, you can do the following:
- Live Track: Your friends and family can follow your races and training activities in real time on the Garmin Connect tracking page. You can also invite others to follow via email or social media. (You must have your phone paired to the device throughout your run for Live Tracking.)
- Automatic Uploads: When your workout is completed, you can automatically upload the stored data from your activity to Garmin Connect.
- Phone Notifications: When you receive notifications and messages on your phone, they are displayed on the quatix 3.
- Connect IQ: Allows you to extend your device features with new watch faces, widgets, apps, and data fields.
Wi-Fi Connected Features: The device can also be connected to Garmin Connect via Wi-Fi. The Garmin Connect Mobile app is not required for Wi-Fi connectivity. While connected via Wi-Fi, you can upload activities to your Garmin Connect account, browse for and select workouts and training plans on Garmin Connect, and obtain software updates.
Add-on Sensors: The quatix 3 can be used with wireless 2.4 GHz ANT+ add-on sensors, such as the optional Premium Heart Rate Monitor. The optional Foot Pod, available from Garmin, can work with the quatix 3 to monitor your distance and cadence when you're running indoors or when GPS cannot be used. The optional Bike Cadence Sensor can feed bike speed and cadence data to the device during your ride. The device is also compatible with the tempe temperature sensor.
Physiological Measurements: When an optional heart rate monitor is worn, quatix 3 can take physiological measurements to help you analyze your training activities and race performances. The more you use the quatix 3, the more accurate the estimates become, as the device learns about your activities and performances. Physiological measurement estimates include:
- VO2 Max: VO2 Max is your body's maximum oxygen consumption, to help you track your fitness and performance levels.
- Predicted Race Times: The VO2 Max estimate and published data sources are used to provide a target race time, based on your current state of fitness.
- Recovery Advisor: Recover Advisor estimates how much time it will take to fully recover from a workout.
- Stress Score: Stress Score measures your heart rate variability while standing still for 3 minutes. The score is expressed on a scale of 1 to 100, with the lower score indicating a lower stress level.
- Performance Condition: Your Performance Condition is a real-time assessment after 6 to 20 minutes of activity.
- Lactate Threshold: Lactate Threshold is the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue, based on the amount of lactic acid in your bloodstream.
User Profile: The Garmin quatix 3 uses information that you enter about yourself to calculate accurate training data. You can modify the following user profile information: Gender, Birth Year, Height, and Weight.
Virtual Partner: The Virtual Partner feature is a training tool designed to help you reach your goals. You can set the Virtual Partner to run at a target pace or speed. As you run, you can "compete" with the Virtual Partner, checking the display to see if you are ahead or behind the target pace or speed. If the pace is too slow or too fast, you can adjust the speed of the Virtual Partner as you run.
Auto Lap: Auto Lap automatically marks a lap at a specific distance. This feature is helpful for comparing your performance over different parts of an activity. Each time you complete a lap, the device will beep or vibrate, and the lap time is displayed.
Auto Pause: You can set the quatix 3 to pause the timer automatically when you stop moving, or when your pace drops below a specified value. This feature is helpful if you have to stop for traffic or to tie your shoe during your run.
Swimming: You can use the device while surface swimming in a pool or open water. While pool swimming, you can enter the pool size data and keep track of the strokes, and the number of lengths (of the pool) you swam.
Skiing/Snowboarding: In Ski-Board mode, the quatix 3 keeps track of your speed, distance, and vertical drop to calculate the number of runs you make. Auto Pause stops the timer while you're on the lift.
Sleep Tracking: The quatix 3's Sleep Mode can monitor your rest, and display sleep statistics such as total hours of sleep, periods of movement, and periods of restful sleep.
Watch Functions: When you're not working out, the quatix 3 can be used as a basic watch, displaying the time and date, along with an alarm. You can configure the watch face in a number of ways, including analog/digital, icons, style, and colors. The time is automatically set by the GPS receiver (or manually, if desired), and can be displayed in 12-hour or 24-hour format.
VIRB Remote: If you have a Garmin VIRB action camera, the quatix 3 can be used as a glove-friendly remote control. The camera commands for stopping and starting recordings and taking still photos are sent wirelessly via ANT+.
Music Controls: The quatix 3 can even control your Fusion Marine Stereo from anywhere onboard, including adjusting the volume and changing tracks. This requires a free app from the Connect IQ store, and a 2014 or newer Garmin GPSMAP chartplotter, connected through Fusion-Link to the Fusion stereo.