About the Garmin RV 890
Big, bold RV guidance from the pros at Garmin
Big, bold RV guidance from the pros at Garmin
Your RV's like a second home — heck maybe it's your only home — so why not get truly comfortable? Garmin's RV 890 portable navigator boasts an 8" high-resolution touchscreen display that works in both portrait and landscape mode, so you can have your view of choice from the driver's seat. You can take advantage of custom routing for your RV or camper van (including trailers or towed cars), plus built-in Wi-Fi® for software updates, and free traffic reports and map updates for hassle-free travel. Garmin's voice assistant answers your beck and call so you can look for destinations and stopping points without taking your hands off the wheel.
An 8" screen that works how you want it to
The eye-catching 8" display features multi-touch control for simple command of its preloaded maps and other functions. And it works in either portrait or landscape mode, so you can choose which vantage suits your needs. You'll have maps of the U.S., Canada, much of Mexico, and some Caribbean islands at your disposal, plus millions of stopping points, including RV-friendly spots with showers and Wi-Fi. You can also add your own favorite destinations when you've found a place that's really off the beaten path. And with one tap of the screen, Garmin's Up Ahead feature pulls up details for services that lie ahead on your route, including restaurants, gas stations, and more. You also get up to four free map updates per year to keep you current on road changes.
For those who aren't keen on mounting a large item on your windshield, Garmin includes a screw-down mount for your RV's dashboard or console. The RV 890 also comes with a 1" ball-mount adapter plate that's compatible with many third-party solutions, including RAM-style mounts.
Routing for your vehicles
Road restrictions info enables the RV 890 to find the perfect route for your RV. You can build a custom profile with your RV's height, weight, length, width, and trailer or towed car details, and the navigator will deliver the best, safest route to your destination on most roadways in the contiguous 48 states and Canada. If you're in a hurry, Garmin includes standard RV sizes which allow you to change your vehicle profile with the push of button. And you can plan trips with multiple stops and save routes for future reference with ease.
The navigator's elevation map tool gives you info on elevation along your route while viewing the map screen. You can tap the screen for more detail about potential steep grades before you hit a hill your RV might not be ready for.
Need a break? Find a nearby RV-friendly locale
The RV 890 includes a database of RV parks and services around the globe, giving you instant access to thousands of sites in North America and beyond. You'll be able to find RV parks and campgrounds quickly, and you can narrow your search by type of amenities desired, including pet-friendly, on-site laundry, electric hookups, Wi-Fi, and more. You can also narrow your search to include results from PlanRV Parks, iOverland, Ultimate Public Campgrounds, and KOA, as well as European directories. The included PlanRV directory can point you to nearby garages that can help if your RV breaks down or needs service.
Get warnings for tricky road conditions and situations
Worried about possible dangerous road conditions? The RV 890 provides upcoming highway info, such as sharp curves, high winds, and weight limits. You'll also get local info like bridge heights and animal or railroad crossings. If you're in an area with one-way streets or school zones, you'll get a heads-up about paying attention to the speed limit or driving in the wrong direction. The navigator also provides mile marker locations, along with border notices five miles before you reach a new state line or the border to a different country.
Garmin's Drive app for more intelligent adventures
You can pair the RV 890 with your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone to take advantage of the free Garmin Drive app, which allows the two devices to share information, such as saved and recently found locations, where you parked, and your current destination. The Drive app also provides smart notifications to your navigator for incoming calls and texts so you won't miss anything important. You can also subscribe to dynamic services from Garmin for more road-friendly content like advanced weather reports, live parking, and traffic camera locations for an additional fee.
Garmin's Live Traffic service is also available for free through the Garmin Drive app. When your phone is paired with the navigator, you'll see real-time traffic info detailed on the navigator's screen.
Points of interest via Foursquare® and TripAdvisor®
This Garmin comes with crowd-sourced points of interest from TripAdvisor and Foursquare, giving you user-verified info for millions of stops along America's roadways. You'll find the most relevant and popular hotels, restaurants, and roadside attractions within seconds, many with TripAdvisor ratings.
Just say where you want to go
You can activate the RV 890's guidance by using your voice — simply speak one of its recognizable commands and it'll get started. Hit the road without using your hands for safer exploring.
Guidance like your grandpa would give
The powerful built-in speaker overcomes engine noise so you can hear about upcoming maneuvers. The navigator offers Garmin Real Directions with Garmin Real Voice, a combination that helps keep you relaxed as you drive. Real Directions voice prompts speak the instructions to you like a friend would, using easy-to-see landmarks, buildings and businesses, and traffic lights, rather than streets with tiny signs that you might not see in time. With Real Voice technology, you'll hear directions spoken in a personable, human-sounding voice that you'll comprehend readily.
Stay on the right path
Active Lane Guidance shows you colored arrows for the correct lane for an upcoming turn, while 3-D representations of buildings and terrain help give you a better perspective of where you are. You'll see these visual features in a split-screen with your overall route so you won't lose sight of what's further down the road. This Garmin's also compatible with the optional Garmin BC35 wireless rear-view camera, so you can add an extra layer of safety when you're backing up.
Convenient Bluetooth® compatibility
The Garmin's built-in Bluetooth connectivity allows you to conduct phone calls hands-free with your compatible phone. You can keep in touch with friends and family without diverting your attention from the road ahead. Most points of interest in Garmin's database include the phone numbers, so you can call ahead to make reservations at restaurants or check availability at nearby campgrounds.
Built-in Wi-Fi lets you update without wires
Nobody wants to hook their navigator up to their computer when it's time to get a map update or other software change. With built-in Wi-Fi connectivity you can perform updates from your vehicle, so long as you're connected to a Wi-Fi signal or a public hotspot that doesn't require a web browser sign-in.
- portable GPS navigator for RVs
- system includes:
- powered magnetic suction-cup windshield mount and a screw-down dashboard mount
- car power adapter, micro-USB cable, 1" ball mount adapter plate
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 2 hours of life
- 8" (1280 x 800 pixels) dual-orientation capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom touchscreen control
- includes Live Traffic updates for life (available through the Garmin Drive smartphone app)
- free map updates for life (updatable via Wi-Fi or Garmin Express software on your computer)
- routing for large vehicles and RV parks and services directories
- allows RV-specific restrictions when routing in the 48 contiguous United States and Canada
- RV-specific campground and services directories
- elevation profile map tool displays possible steep grades along route
- millions of points of interest (allows custom points of interest)
- preloaded with maps for the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, and much of Mexico
- accepts spoken commands and voice address entry
- includes TripAdvisor and Foursquare points of interest
- Garmin Real Directions
- gives instructions using landmarks, buildings, and traffic signals
- Real Voice announces directions in human-like voice
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- Easy Route Shaping allows simple one-touch route modification
- Up Ahead feature informs of nearby services
- Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts
- 3-D buildings and terrain
- speed limit and school zone indicators
- trip computer
- periodic break reminders
- multi-destination routing: route optimization
- transport modes: auto, truck, RV
- Bluetooth for making and receiving hands-free calls with your compatible phone
- Wi-Fi for wireless software and map updates
- allows Foursquare check-ins via connected smartphone
- works with Garmin Drive app for iPhone and Android phones includes Live Traffic updates and other dynamic services (live parking updates, advanced weather reports, and traffic camera locations)
- smart text and call notifications via Garmin Drive app
- microSD card slot
- compatible with optional Garmin wireless rear-view camera
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 7-7/8"W x 4-15/16"H x 13/16"D
- weight: 13.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02425-00
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin RV 890