About the Garmin STRIKER Plus 5cv
A fantastic 5" fishfinder
A fantastic 5" fishfinder
Garmin's STRIKER™ Plus 5cv fishfinder makes it easier than ever to go where the fish are. The Garmin CHIRP transducer gives you remarkably clear views of fish and structures, plus you can mark and return to your favorite locations.
Quickdraw Contours mapping software
CHIRP means clarity
The STRIKER Plus 5cv includes a Garmin CHIRP transducer that gives you high wide CHIRP sonar, plus Garmin CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar. This ultra-accurate scanning sonar package gives you a nearly photographic image of what's up to 250 feet below your boat, providing the clarity and detail you need to distinguish fish and structures. Instead of sending just one frequency, CHIRP sonar sends out a continual sweep of low and high frequencies. The wider range of information means you'll see crisper fish arches and better target separation.
Find the fish, then find 'em again
This feature-packed unit also includes high-sensitivity GPS that helps you locate your current position quickly. If you find a spot where they're biting, you can mark it and come back again later. Quickdraw Contours mapping software lets you create your own unique HD fishing maps with 1' contours. You can store up to 2 million acres, so if you find a spot where they're biting, you can mark it and come back later. You can also mark important waypoints like docks and ramps, or even brush piles and stumps.
The STRIKER Plus 5cv also sports a built-in flasher — when you're fishing from a stationary position, you'll get a good view of the bottom, whether it's solid or muddy. You can track your jig or weighted bait, plus the depth of the fish as they swim into the beam. You can even see whether fish move toward or away from your jig.
Watch your speed
If you're trolling, you want to maintain just the right speed. With the STRIKER Plus 5cv, you can check the speed on the 5" screen. It's also a very handy feature when you're in a wake-controlled area.
- 5" color display (800 x 480)
- CHIRP ClearVü GT20-TM sonar transducer
- Quickdraw Contours mapping software
- built-in, high-sensitivity Garmin GPS
- power: 500 watts RMS
- find fish; mark and return to hot spots, docks and ramps
- Ultrascroll displays fish targets at higher boat speeds
- AutoGain minimizes clutter, maximizes targets
- adjustable depth line measures depth of underwater objects
- fish symbol ID helps identify targets
- convenient keypad operation
- accurate to 2300 feet deep in fresh water (1100 salt, 250 ClearVü)
- see fish passing through transducer beam in real time
- water temperature sensor included
- dimensions: 7-1/8'' x 4-1/2" x 2''
- tilt/swivel mount, transducer, trolling motor clamp and transom mount
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01872-00
What's in the box:
- Striker Plus 5cv fishfinder display/control unit
- Tilt/swivel mount
- Round swivel base
- 2 Threaded knobs
- M6 x 20mm screw
- M6 Nylock nut
- 4 Self tapping screws (length 1")
- 6' Power cable
- GT20-TM ClearVü Transducer with 20' attached cable
- Transducer mounting bracket
- Seven M4 x 8mm screws
- Seven 4mm star lock washers
- Trolling motor transducer mount
- Hose clamp
- Four 5-1/2" plastic wire ties
- Transducer transom mount
- Transducer mount bolt (1-11/16" length)
- Nylock nut
- Two M5 x 20mm screws
- One 5mm flat washer
- Rubber washer
- Cable-entry cover
- 2 Cable clamps
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Quick Start Manual
- ClearVü Transducer Transom/Trolling Motor Mount Installation Instructions
- Garmin Support sheet
- Fixed Bail/Swivel Bail Mount instructions
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Transducer Transom Mount Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin STRIKER Plus 5cv
Overview: The Garmin Striker Plus 5cv is a compact fishfinder/GPS navigator designed for small boats. It features a bright 5" WVGA color display and a 500-watt dual-beam sonar transducer with CHIRP (traditional), plus CHIRP ClearVü to help you locate fish down to 1900 feet. The Striker Plus 5cv also has an integrated GPS to help you locate and navigate to your favorite fishing holes, docks, and boat ramps.
CHIRP Sonar: The Striker Plus 5cv is equipped with the 500-watt Garmin GT20-TM transducer which has both traditional CHIRP (50/77/200 kHz) and CHIRP ClearVü (260/455/800 kHz) sonar, two of the most sophisticated sonar technologies available for boaters and fishermen. Compared to standard sonar, which sends one frequency at a time, CHIRP (Compressed High-Intensity Radiated Pulse) sends a continuous sweep of frequencies within a range from low to high. As a result, CHIRP sonar creates much greater target separation and crisper fish arches.
Display: The Striker Plus 5cv features a 5" (diagonal) WVGA color display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. The display has a horizontal orientation with 10-level backlighting (0% to 100%). The sunlight-readable display has selectable color modes (day, night, auto) with colors to represent the strength of the sonar returns. The unit comes with a tilt/swivel mount with 10 tilt positions. The tilting base can be installed on a 360° swiveling base, or fixed to the mounting surface (tilting only).
Keypad: The Striker Plus 5cv features a convenient keypad for operating the device, located to the right of the display. The keypad consists of 7 buttons and a 4-way control for navigating the menu options.
Transducer: The dual-frequency GT20-TM CHIRP ClearVü transducer provides ultra-clear sonar pictures of objects, structure, and fish that pass below your boat. It includes CHIRP traditional sonar at 50, 77, and 200 kHz frequencies for returns from depths down to 1900 feet, plus CHIRP ClearVü 260, 455 and 800 kHz sonar for greater accuracy in shallower depths down to 750 feet. The transducer also has a fast response water temperature sensor. The Striker 5cv includes mounts for installing the transducer on the transom of the boat, or to the bottom of your trolling motor.
Flasher: The Striker Plus 5cv also includes a Flasher, which shows sonar information on a circular depth scale to indicate what is directly beneath your boat. The Flasher display page shows the depth and device voltage.
Viewing Pages: The Striker Plus 5cv's display scrolls from right to left to show the sonar readings from the transducer. The bottom depth is displayed in large numerals, along with the water speed, device voltage, and the current time. The unit has an adjustable depth range (Auto or Manual), and the depth scale is shown at the bottom of the screen, along with the transducer frequency. You can choose from a full screen page or split pages:
- Full Screen Page: The Full Screen page shows a full-view graph of the sonar readings from the transducer.
- Split Zoom Page: The Split Zoom page shows a full-view graph of the sonar readings on the right side of the screen, and a magnified portion of that graph on the left side.
- Split Frequency Page: The Split Frequency page shows the 77 kHz frequency sonar data on one side, while the other side shows the 200 kHz frequency sonar data.
A-Scope: The A-Scope is a vertical flasher along the right side of the Full Screen page that shows the range to targets in real time along a scale. This view expands the most recently received sonar data so that it is easier to see. It can also be helpful in detecting fish that are located close to the bottom.
Beeper/Alarms: The Striker Plus 5cv has a beeper that will sound to confirm each button press, or can be set to sound only for alarms, or turned off completely. There are several audible alarms that can be independently set in the menu:
- Arrival: The unit's alarm will sound when you are within a specified distance or time from a turn or destination.
- Anchor Drag: Sets an alarm to sound when you exceed a specified drift distance while anchored.
- Off Course: When you are off course by a specified distance, the alarm will sound.
- Alarm Clock: You can set an alarm clock to sound at a specific time.
- Device Voltage: The alarm will sound when the battery voltage reaches a specified low voltage.
- GPS Accuracy: The alarm will sound when the GPS location accuracy falls outside a user-defined value.
- Shallow: The unit will alarm when the water depth is shallower that the set value.
- Deep: The unit will alarm when the water depth is deeper than the set value.
- Fish: The unit will alarm when the device detects a suspended target. You can set the alarm for all fish, medium and large fish, or large fish only.
- Water Temperature: The unit will alarm when the water temperature varies more than +/- 2°F. (Temperature-capable transducer required)
Quickdraw Contours Mapping: The Striker Plus 5cv contains Quickdraw Contours software that will create maps of places you navigate. As you troll along the shorelines and the depths, the device is recording data about the body of water you're traveling. The software draws a map of the area as you pass, recording the contours and depth labels. The device's memory lets you store maps with 1' contours for up to 2-million acres. You can share your Quickdraw Contours maps with others, or download maps from other users on the online Garmin Quickdraw Community.
Built-in GPS: The Garmin Striker Plus 5cv has a built-in GPS receiver in the display unit that collects satellite data to establish your current location. The display unit should be mounted in a location that has a clear view of the sky for the best and most accurate results. A 5-bar signal strength meter indicates the quality of the satellite signal being received.
Waypoints: Waypoints are locations that you record and store in the device's memory. Waypoints can be marked at your present locations, or you can enter the coordinates to a waypoint at a different location. Each waypoint can be saved with a name, symbol, depth, water temperature, and comments. Once a waypoint has been saved, you can select and navigate to its location. You can also measure the distance to the waypoint on the Waypoint Map.
Man Overboard: From any screen, you can press the Waypoint button to mark your present location, and designate it as a Man Overboard (MOB) location. The Striker Plus 5cv will then provide a direct route back to the location. MOBs and other waypoints can be deleted one at a time, or all at once, in the menu.
Routes: A route is a sequence of waypoints or locations that leads you to your final destination. To create a route, you can pick a starting point, add additional waypoints or locations, add turns, and save. Saved routes can be edited by changing the name, waypoints, or turns. Routes can be deleted one at a time, or all at once, in the menu.
Tracks: A track is a recording of the current path of your boat. You can designate a color for each track to differentiate them from each other. Tracks are created by automatically marking the current location at a set interval. The interval can be adjusted--recording more frequent plots increases accuracy, but fills up the track log quicker. You can also record tracks by the distance between points, or the variance from your course.
The Garmin STRIKER Plus 5cv replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked