About the Garmin HRM-TRI/SWIM Bundle
Optimize your pool time
Optimize your pool time
I've seen a lot of tech come online to aid multi-sport athletes. Devices like bike GPS cycling computers, powermeters, GPS running watches, and heartrate monitors have become ubiquitous. But swimming hasn't been as receptive to new training aids. Put on your goggles, start your watch — what else could you do? This Garmin package includes their HRM-SWIM and HRM-TRI heartrate monitors, two innovative products that let athletes tap into heartrate training when they're in the pool or doing an open water swim.
Traditional heartrate monitors aren't suited for the water, because the information they collect can't be transmitted to your watch. The HRM-SWIM and HRM-TRI monitors both save the information recorded during your swim, then transmit it automatically to compatible Garmin sports watches once you get out of the water, so you can review your information and see just how hard you were actually working. With this data, you can refine your swim practice and track the progression of your swimming fitness.
Hit the pool
The HRM-SWIM boasts a unique design that helps it stay in place, even when you're streamlining off the wall after a flip turn. And it's built from chemical-resistant materials to resist the ravages of chlorine and other pool chemicals. And you don't have to limit the HRM-SWIM to pool use. Use it in open water swims, during training, or in sprint-distance tris that have a pool swim to start the race.
For your triathlon training and racing
HRM-TRI works like a normal heartrate monitor during the bike and run but, unlike regular HRMs, it works on the swim, while still being comfortable for long sessions on the bike. And on the run, HRM-TRI will forward vital info on your running dynamics to compatible devices too. Use HRM-TRI during your training, or strap it on for your races. It's slim and comfortable when worn under a trisuit or wetsuit, so it's the perfect choice for long training sessions or the big race itself.
- bundle includes HRM-TRI and HRM-SWIM heartrate monitors
HRM-TRI heartrate monitor
- designed for run, bike, and open water swimming
- comfortable and lightweight design
- compatible with Garmin Forerunner 620, Forerunner 920 XT, fenix 2, fenix 3, and epix
HRM-SWIM heartrate monitor
- designed for pool swimming
- designed to withstand pool chemicals
- swim-specific design stays in place when swimming
- compatible with Garmin Forerunner 920 XT, fenix 3, and epix
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-11254-03
What's in the box:
- HRM-Tri heart rate monitor (with elastic strap)
- HRM-Swim heart rate monitor (with elastic strap)
- 3 Strap extensions (Lengths: 5"/12"/17")
- HRM-Tri Instructions
- HRM-Tri Fit Guide
- HRM-Swim Instructions
- HRM-Swim Fit Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin HRM-TRI/SWIM Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin HRM-TRI/SWIM Bundle
Overview: The Garmin HRM Accessory Bundle includes two heart rate monitors that are designed for triathlon training or racing: HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim. Both HRMs store your heart rate data as you train or compete, and automatically forward it to a compatible device using 2.4GHz ANT+ wireless protocol. Up to 20 hours of heart rate data can be stored in each HRM.
Water Rating: Both heart rate monitors have 5 ATM water ratings, certifying that they can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters. Suitable activities include surface swimming, shallow snorkeling, and similar activities. They are not suitable for high speed water sports, as a surface impact may exceed the rating.
HRM-Tri: The HRM-Tri is specifically designed for tri-athletes, and can be used while running, swimming, or biking. When under water, the HRM-Tri stores the heart rate data, then forwards it to your Garmin device. The module is 2.025" x 1.164" x 0.482" and weighs 1.7 ounces. The 1.175" wide elastic strap can extend from 23.5" to 56". It is powered by a CR2032 coin cell battery with an estimated life of 10 months (Tri training 1 hour per day).
HRM-Swim: The HRM-Swim is specifically designed for swimmers. Its non-slip design is ideal for pool swimming and is resistant to pool chemicals. It stores heart rate data while underwater, and forwards it to your device. The non-slip strap is 1.5" wide and can be extended from 23" to 57" in length. The module is 2.025" x 1.195" x 0.469", and weighs 2.5 ounces. It is powered by a CR2032 coin cell battery with an estimated life of 18 months (swimming 3 hours per week).
Compatibility: The HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim are compatible with the following Garmin devices:
- Forerunner 920XT: The Forerunner 920XT GPS Sport watch comes in Black/Blue and White/Red. The Black/Blue Bundle and White/Red Bundle include the HRM-Run, while the Black Tri Bundle already includes the HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim.
- fēnix 3: The fēnix 3 GPS Multisport training watch comes in Gray, Silver, and a special Sapphire edition. There is also a Gray Bundle and Silver Bundle that includes the HRM-Run.
- epix: The epix GPS activity watch with full color mapping comes in two versions: one with regional TOPO U.S. 24K maps, and another with preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps.