About the Garmin TruSwing™
Get your swing in gear
Get your swing in gear
Garmin's TruSwing golf swing sensor might not take the place of a real-life golf pro walking you through the steps of your swing, but it's darn close. This compact, unobtrusive device clamps onto your club and takes precise measurements of every aspect of your swing, from wrist-path and swing tempo to critical club angles. You can then review the results in depth online at home, or use your smartphone for a quick evaluation right on the course. Once you see your metrics, you can share them with your friends and get tips for better results.
Small yet powerful
The TruSwing sensor measures less than 2.5" long and weighs under an ounce. It comes with a simple clamp which secures it right below your club's grip. Its rechargable lithium-ion battery gives it up to 12 hours of life per charge. Bluetooth® Low Energy allows it to communicate wirelessly with your smartphone. And you can play in inclement weather without fear as the TruSwing is waterpoof.
Measure your mechanics
The TruSwing tracks several important aspects of your swing:
- Swing tempo: the ratio of backswing to downswing time. Most professionals agree that 3.0 is the ideal swing tempo.
- Swing speed: the speed of the club head when it strikes the ball.
- Club path: the measurement of your club's horizontal motion in relation to the target line as it strikes the ball. This determines if you've hit the ball in-to-out or out-to-in.
- Face-to-target: the angle you open or close the clubface, compared to the target line at the point of impact.
- Dynamic loft: the loft angle of the selected club plus or minus the club offset created by the shaft lean and clubface angle at the point of impact.
- Shaft angle: the angle between the shaft and the ground as measured from the center of the shaft. This is measured at address and again at impact, and you want these measurements to be as close as possible.
- Shaft lean: the forward or backward angle you are holding the club when hitting the ball, measured from a 90º vertical angle. This is measured at address and again at impact.
Garmin Connect shows you the way
The Garmin Connect online platform is where the TruSwing's data comes together. Once you've set up your free account, you're ready to go deep. You can upload and analyze your results — even compare them to your previous practice session. Analysis allows you to identify exactly where you can make changes in your swing, and the predicted results.
The Garmin Connect Mobile smartphone app helps you right out on the course, with real-time, 3-D swing animations on your phone's screen. It can even compare two different swings, overlaid on each other, for instant feedback.
Works with several Garmin golf devices
Use the TruSwing with select members of Garmin's Approach family of GPS golf watches and handhelds for convenient data viewing while on the course without your smartphone. The TruSwing works uniquely with the Garmin Approach S6 golf watch to provide addditional wrist-path data for your swing. You'll see the results displayed in the 3-D animation on Garmin Connect Mobile, giving you an idea of how your wrist travels in relation to the club path during the swing.
- golf swing sensor for use with Garmin Connect
- club mount and USB charging/data cable included
- built-in rechargeable battery allows up to 12 hours of use
- USB input
- IPX7 waterproof design (can withstand immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Bluetooth Low Energy for pairing with smartphones
- metrics include swing tempo, speed, club-path measurements, critical club angles, and more
- compatible with Garmin Connect online and smartphone app for 3-D renderings of swing mechanics and data analysis
- integrates with Garmin Approach golf devices for at-a-glance swing data
- dimensions: 2-7/16"H x 5/8"W x 13/16"D (sensor only)
- weight: 0.98 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01409-00
What's in the box:
- TruSwing golf swing sensor
- 19" Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Cloth pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin TruSwing™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin TruSwing™
Overview: The Garmin TruSwing is a golf swing sensor that attaches to the shaft of your club, and measures different metrics of your swing for later analysis and training. The mechanics of your golf swing can affect the ball flight and your shot results. TruSwing can be paired with select Garmin Approach devices, or a compatible smartphone or tablet, for instant swing data. Data can also be uploaded to the Garmin Connect online golf community for full analysis. TruSwing comes with a Micro USB cable and a cloth storage pouch.
Compatible Devices: TruSwing is compatible with Garmin Approach S20, S4, S5, S6, and X40 watches, as well as Approach G7 and G8 handheld devices. It is also compatible with most Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)-enabled smartphones and tablets running iOS 8.0 and later or Android 4.0 and up.
Garmin Connect: After a round of golf or practice session using TruSwing, you can view and analyze your swing data on the Garmin Connect app on your mobile device or your computer. All of your swings are stored in the app, and are organized into sessions by date. Overall cumulative stats and stats per session will be calculated and displayed. Cumulative stats will also be broken down by club. Individual swings can be analyzed with 3D animation. You can also over lay one swing over another.
Swing Metrics: TruSwing provides data on the following swing metrics:
- Swing Tempo: The ratio of the backswing to downswing time.
- Swing Speed: The speed of the club head when it hits the ball.
- Club Path Coordinates: Used to create 3D graphical representations of the club path.
- Club Path: A measurement of your club's horizontal motion relative to the target line when viewed from overhead as it hits the ball.
- Face to Target: The angle of your club face in relation to the target line.
- Dynamic Loft: The loft angle of the selected club plus or minus any loft offset created by shaft lean and club face angle when the ball is hit.
- Shaft Angle: The angle between the shaft and the ground as measured from the center of the shaft. Measured at address and at impact.
- Shaft Lean: The forward or backward angle at which you are holding the club when hitting the ball, measured from a 90° vertical angle. Measured at address and at impact.
- Wrist-Path Coordinates: When using TruSwing with an Approach S6, additional wrist-path data is recorded that is displayed in the 3D animation to show where your forearm is throughout the swing. It gives you a better picture of club lag, when the club head trails behind the hands throughout the downswing.
Mounting: The TruSwing sensor attaches to the shaft of the golf club below the grip. A guide line on the sensor helps you to properly line up the unit--parallel to the grooves on the club face. The sensor's clamp wraps around the shaft and is tightened by a thumbscrew to keep the device in place.
Water Resistance: The device can withstand incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Power Requirements: The TruSwing golf swing sensor is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. A fully-charged battery gives you up to 12 hours of battery life. It charges via a Micro USB connection using the supplied cable.
- Width: 0.829", Height: 0.492" (1.642" with mount), Length: 2.413"
- Weight: 0.98 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?