About the Garmin vivoactive® HR
Get active and get credit
Get active and get credit
Garmin's vivoactive® HR GPS smartwatch breaks new ground in wearable technology for the person who's on the go. Whether you're trying to develop healthy habits or taking your sport-specific training up a notch, vivoactive HR combines the best features of sports watches and activity trackers in a slim, elegant design that looks great. And if you're into customization, use Garmin's Face-it™ app to change the display background to any picture stored on your smartphone.
vivoactive HR measures your activity throughout the day.
Full-time heart rate tracking
vivoactive HR employs Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology to track your heart rate throughout the day — no chest strap required. Heart rate data provides an accurate look at the calories you've burned, and also provides real-time feedback on the intensity of your training efforts — giving you the edge to make your workouts really count.
vivoactive HR automatically syncs with the Garmin Connect™ mobile app, so you can immediately review info about your workout or activity level on your smartphone. And Garmin Connect will sync with many other popular fitness apps, so you can easily share your workouts with your friends.
And once it's paired to your smartphone, you'll receive vibration alerts for incoming emails, calls, texts, social media, and appointments. Plus you can customize vivoactive HR with free watch face designs, apps, and widgets from the Garmin Connect IQ™ store.
Run, bike, swim, row...
Lace up your kicks for a training run, and vivoactive HR uses GPS to measure and record your distance and pace. If you're stuck on the treadmill, a built-in accelerometer and wrist-based speed and cadence trackers estimate the data for your run.
The cycling app uses GPS to accurately measure your time, speed, and distance. And you can use it with an optional cadence sensor to get an even more accurate look at your efforts.
When you hit the lap pool, vivoactive HR takes the hassle out of counting laps and automatically records your distance, intervals, and stroke count.
And there's more. Access over 38,000 golf courses from Garmin's golf course database. Download your favorite and you'll always know layup and dogleg distances, plus yardage to the front, middle, and back of the green. vivoactive HR also measures paddle boarding and rowing stats, whether it's on open water or in the gym.
Stay on the move
Staying active throughout the day is one of the keys to good health. vivoactive HR's activity tracking app records your steps and assigns you a daily step count goal to provide you with an incentive, adjusting the count as you hit your goals. And to remind you to get up from your desk, the red move bar appears on the display after 1 hour of inactivity. Get up for a walk to reset it. Since a good night's sleep will recharge you for the next day, you can use vivoactive HR to record your sleep patterns.
- black GPS smartwatch with color display
- wrist-based heart rate monitor
- fits wrist sizes of 5-5/8" to 7-5/8" (regular); 6-5/8" to 8-7/8" (x-large)
- 0.80" x 1.13" (205 x 148 pixels) LCD screen
- customizable display fields, compatible with connect iQ app for custom watch faces, widgets, and data fields
- smart notifications when paired with your smartphone
- run, cycling, swim, and row apps
- golf app with downloadable info on over 38,000 courses
- activity tracker with step counter and auto goal setter
- move bar
- sleep monitoring
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 8 days (13 hours in GPS mode)
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- works with optional bike speed/cadence sensor
- ANT+ and Bluetooth capable with compatible devices
- music and Garmin VIRB control
- 5 ATM water rating
- 1.19"W x 2.24"H x .45"D
- weight: 1.5 oz (regular); 1.7 oz (x-large)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01605-03
What's in the box:
- GPS smart watch with black adjustable band
- Charging/data clip with attached 22" USB cable (Type A USB)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin vivoactive® HR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin vivoactive® HR
Overview: The Garmin vívoactive HR is a GPS smartwatch with built-in sports apps that help you track your activities. With the built-in Elevate wrist heart rate technology, your heart rate is measured 24/7. When paired with your smartphone, vívoactive HR can alert you when you receive a call, text, email, or a calendar event. You can use the device with wireless ANT+ sensors, such as the optional foot pod, temperature sensor, or bike speed/cadence sensor. The device has a waterproof rating of 5 ATM, allowing you to swim, perform outdoors in the rain, sweat, or even shower with it on. vívoactive HR has a thin profile (only 9/16") and a high-resolution color touchscreen display that you can read in the sunlight. The watch is powered by a rechargeable battery, and comes with a charging/data cable. It has a regular sized wrist band. A version of the vívoactive HR is available with an extra large band, recommended for wrist circumferences of 6.38" to 8.86").
Garmin Connect: The vívoactive HR has built-in Bluetooth Smart technology so you can automatically pair it to your smartphone or mobile device. You can also use the supplied charging/data cable to connect the device to your home computer. With the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone or computer, you can keep track of your activities, your daily goals, the calories you've burned, and help motivate you to keep active. You can also share your activities and goals with your friends on social media. Garmin Connect for your home computer is compatible with Windows Vista SP2 and newer and Mac OS 10.8 or higher. Garmin Connect Mobile works with Bluetooth 4.0-enabled devices running Android 4.3 or higher and iOS 8.0 and above.
Sports Apps: The vívoactive HR contains several sports apps that you can use to track your activities, including both indoor and outdoor activities. Some apps require you to pair the vívoactive HR to a compatible smartphone. Optional ANT+ sensors can provide additional data to the tracked activity. In addition, the Find My Phone app can help you locate a lost phone that is connected to the watch via Bluetooth. Sports Apps that are available for the vívoactive HR include: running/walking, golfing, cycling, swimming, ski/snowboarding, paddle boarding, and rowing.
History: The vívoactive HR gives you access to up to 14 days of activity tracking, and up to seven timed activities. With Auto Upload activated, your saved activity data is automatically uploaded to the Garmin Connect Mobile app. When the built-in storage becomes full, the oldest files are deleted to make room for new data.
Widgets: The device comes preloaded with Widgets that provide information at a glance, track specific activities, or allow you to perform specific activities on your smartphone. Some of the widgets require a Bluetooth connection with the smartphone. By swiping the display, you can cycle through the following widgets:
- Calendar: Displays upcoming meetings from your smartphone's calendar
- Music Controls: Control the music player on your smartphone: play/pause, next track, and previous track.
- Weather: Current temperature and weather forecast are displayed.
- My Day: Displays a summary of your activity today, including your last recorded sport, intensity minutes, floors climbed, steps, calories burned, and more.
- Activity Tracking: The device tracks your daily step count, step goal, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep statistics.
- VIRB Remote: The vívoactive HR can wirelessly control the Garmin VIRB Action Camera from a distance.
- Notifications: The vívoactive HR will gently vibrate to alert you if you receive a phone call, text, social network update, and more, based on your smartphone notification settings.
Connect IQ: The Connect IQ Store, found on the Garmin Connect Mobile app, allows you to add extra features to your vívoactive HR. You can download custom watch faces, new data fields for sensor activity, more Widgets, and additional apps.
Rechargeable Battery: The vívoactive HR is powered by a built-in Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery. The battery lasts approximately 13 hours in GPS mode, and up to 8 days with no GPS. The battery is charged when the watch is attached to the charging cradle and the charging/data cable is plugged into a USB port on your computer.
Interchangeable Wrist Bands: You can customize the look of your vívoactive HR with interchangeable wrist bands (sold separately). In addition to the standard black band, you can choose Lava Red, White, or Force Yellow. Tools needed to swap the wrist bands are included with the accessory bands.
Note: The accessory bands are only available in regular size (for wrist circumferences of 5.39" to 7.68")