About the Garmin Vector 3
Step it up
Step it up
If you're serious — really serious — about taking your cycling to the next level, training with a power meter is a proven path to higher performance. And nothing makes it easier to add power to your arsenal of training tools than Garmin's Vector 3 dual-sensor pedal power meters. The sensors mounted in the Vector 3 pedals provide a convenient and accurate way to gather the data you need to improve.
All the metrics you need
Vector 3 measures your total power output, plus the power output of each leg independently. And it breaks down the time you spend sitting or standing on the bike, plus power output at different points of your pedal stroke, so you can fine-tune your cleat position to make yourself more efficient when you ride. All this valuable data can be seen on compatible Edge cycling computers or on Garmin's Connect app.
Use on all your bikes
Got a pedal wrench? Then you're ready to install Vector 3 on any of your bikes — no bike mechanics or shop required. Vector's 3 slick design incorporates all the electronics and batteries into the pedal, so there are no external sensors or pods to fuss with.
Part of the Garmin cycling ecosystem
Vector 3 pairs up with compatible Edge cycling computers, plus other ANT+ and Bluetooth® training devices, including Forerunner® and Fenix®. And it works with popular training apps like Strava or TrainingPeaks as well. And when winter closes in, use the TrainerRoad app to develop personalized indoor workouts based on Vector 3's power readings from your rides.
- one pair of pedals
- measures total power, left/right balance, cadence, and cycling dynamics
- integrates with Garmin bike computers
- updatable via ANT+ and Bluetooth devices
- Look KEO cleat compatible
- max rider weight: 230 lbs
- battery life: 120 hours
- weight: 316 gm/pair
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01787-00
What's in the box:
- Left Vector 3 pedal assembly
- Right Vector 3 pedal assembly
- 2 Red cleats
- 6 Bolts (M5 x 7mm)
- 6 Rectangular washers (for cleats)
- 2 Round washers (for pedal)
- 2 O-ring gaskets
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin Vector 3 reviews
Garmin hit a bulls-eye with these! No more pods and complicated set up as with the previous iterations. Install pedals, pair with Edge and calibrate and ready to go. Whole process takes less than 5 minutes now. Data from the pedals should be displayed on the Cycling Dynamics data screen. If not, make sure that screen is enable in settings. If you have a data screen configured for power data for another bike, the Vector 3 will populate that screen with single point power data IN ADDITION TO the pedals specific data on the Cycling Dynamics screen. Also, make sure to pair (input the number on the left pedal's spindle) the pedals with your Garmin Connect on your mobile device. Updates to the pedals are handled through Garmin Connect.
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Garmin Vector 3
Overview: The Garmin Vector 3 is a power meter that replaces the pedals on your bicycle, and helps measure your performance. As you ride, the sensors inside the Vector 3 measure your total power, left/right balance, cadence, and other cycling dynamics. The power meter connects via Bluetooth or ANT+ wireless protocol to a compatible Garmin device, such as Edge cycling computers or select fēnix and Forerunner units. A pair of Vector 3 power meter pedals is included in the box, along with two red Look Kéo cleats and installation hardware.
Performance Measurements: The Vector 3 System measures your performance data as you ride, and displays it on your connected device. Some of the measurements taken include:
- Power: Vector 3 takes hundreds of measurements every second as you pedal, measuring the amount of force, direction of force, rotation of the crank arm, and time. Power is expressed in watts. Measurements are taken independently on the left and right pedals to provide a balance report.
- Cadence: The unit measures your cadence, or rotational pedaling speed.
- Cycling Dynamics: Cycling Dynamics is a measurement of how you apply power throughout your pedal stroke to help you understand your particular way of riding so you can train more efficiently. Vector 3 measures the Power Phase, displaying in a circular arc the point in your stroke where you start applying positive force and where you stop applying pressure. The amount of power you generate distributed between left and right pedals is indicated, with the total power shown below. The unit also measures Platform Center Offset, or what location on the pedal platform where you apply force.
Installation: The Vector 3 power meter pedals require you to remove your existing pedals and replace them with the Vector components. A 15mm pedal wrench is required, if you want to install them yourself. A set of Kéo shoe cleats is also included, so you can use them with your favorite cycling shoes.
Batteries: The Vector 3 pedals contain user-replaceable LR44 (or SR44) 1.5-volt batteries (2 per pedal). The batteries provide up to 120 hours of riding time while measuring cycling dynamics. When batteries are low, the LED on the end of each pedal will flash every 10 seconds, indicating you have approximately 10-20 hours of battery life remaining. Changing the batteries requires a 4mm hex key (not included).
Compatible Devices: The Garmin Vector 3 system is compatible with the following devices:
- Edge: Edge 1000, Edge Explore 1000, Edge 1030, Edge 520, Edge 820
- fēnix: fēnix 3, fēnix 3 Sapphire, fēnix 3 HR, fēnix 5, fēnix 5S, fēnix 5X, fēnix Chronos
- Forerunner: Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 920XT, Forerunner 935
- Other: tactix Bravo, Varia Vision in-sight display
Garmin Connect: Data from Vector 3 is recorded in your connected Garmin device, and can be uploaded to the Garmin Connect mobile app. Through the app, you can share your data with your friends, as well as receive software updates for the Vector system. The Garmin Connect app is compatible with iOS (9.0 or later) and Android devices (version varies with the device).