About the Garmin VHF 115
Communication plus location
Communication plus location
Effective communication makes all the difference when you're out on the water, whether you're contacting other boaters or talking to folks on shore. Garmin's VHF 115 marine radio keeps all your lines of communication open, and features built-in GPS that gives you a set position without the need for an external antenna. It works with your NMEA 2000 network, too, so you can connect it to compatible Garmin chartplotters and other electronic gear.
Ready if trouble strikes
With this rugged 25-watt radio, you'll have access to all U.S., Canadian and international marine channels, plus 10 NOAA weather channels. It also gives you standard Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) functionality, so you'll have confidence in your distress calls if trouble strikes.
This fixed-mount radio is made for marine use and styled to look great alongside select Garmin chartplotters and MFDs.
- marine VHF radio
- built-in GPS
- fixed-mount kit and power cable included
- integrated fist mic
- NMEA 2000 and 0183 compatible
- 25 watts of transmitting power
- Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) functionality
- receives all U.S., Canadian, and international marine channels
- 10 NOAA weather channels for 24-hour info
- IPX7 water resistance
- compliant with the latest FCC specs for Class-D VHF radios.
- dimensions: 3.4" H x 6.7" W x 5.8" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02096-00
What's in the box:
- VHF 115 marine radio with attached handset (on coiled cord) and 16" pigtails (power / GPS / signal)
- Protective cover
- Trim ring
- Bail mount
- 2 Knobs (for bail mount)
- Four M4 x 25mm mounting screws (for bail mount)
- Microphone hanger
- Three M3.5 x 20mm screws (for mounting microphone hanger)
- Flush mount gasket with 3M adhesive
- 59" Power/ground cable (bullet connectors on each end)
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Flush Mount Template
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Garmin Support contact information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin VHF 115
Overview: The Garmin VHF 115 marine radio helps you stay in contact with the shore and other boats in your area. The 25-watt two-way radio includes a fixed bail-mount bracket, as well as a flush-mount gasket, and is compatible with the NMEA 2000 network and NMEA 0183 devices. It covers all frequency bands, including all U.S., Canadian, and International Marine channels, plus ten NOAA weather channels. The VHF 115 includes a handset with a coiled cord and a protective faceplate cover.
Digital Selective Calling (DSC): The VHF 115 features standard Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) functionality, which allows VHF radios to place and receive digital calls directly with other vessels and shore stations, including the U.S. and Canadian Coast Guards. You can transmit distress calls and direct calls using a user-programmed MMSI (Mobile Marine Safety Identity) number, which identifies your radio like a telephone number. If you connect a GPS device to the radio, your latitude, longitude, and current time are transmitted when you send a distress call or other type of DSC call. DSC calls are transmitted on channel 70, and the radio has a dedicated receiver to monitor the channel in case you receive a DSC call.
Note: You can only enter your MMSI number once. If you must change the number, the radio must be sent to Garmin for programming.
Transmitting Modes: The VHF 115 has two transmitting modes: Low and High. Low (1 watt) is used for local transmissions, while High (25 watts) is used for distance and distress transmissions.
Monitoring Channels: You can select and save an unlimited number of channels to monitor, or simply scan all channels in search of channels that are broadcasting. The receiving sensitivity can be set to Local (for decreased sensitivity) for high-traffic areas or Distant (for maximum range) for remote areas or on open water.
NOAA Weather Broadcasts: Weather broadcasts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration can be received on this radio. Ten channels are available for monitoring weather broadcasts.
NMEA 0183 / NMEA 2000: The VHF 115 is compatible with NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000. The device has plug-and-play compatibility to compatible Garmin chartplotters and MFDs via the NMEA 2000 network. When you connect the radio to a Garmin chartplotter, you can keep track of current and previous positions of the contacts in the directory. You can also use the chartplotter to set up an individual routine call, initiate a man-overboard (MOB) distress call from the radio, and use the chartplotter to navigate to the MOB location.
- Operating Temperature: 5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
- Compass-safe Distance: 27.6"
- Frequency Range: 156.050 MHz to 163.275 MHz (including WX channels)
- Frequency Bands: All USA, Canadian, and International marine channels; 10 NOAA weather channels
- Operating Voltage: 12.0VDC
- Current Draw: Standby 350mA, Receive 600mA, Transmit 2.0A-6.0A (1W to 25W)
- External Speaker: 4Ω
- Antenna connector: S0-239 (50Ω)
- Maximum Antenna Gain: 9 dBi
- Width: 6.688" (7.27" including handset plug)
- Height: 3.347"
- Depth: 1.428" (including knobs)
- Width: 5.868"
- Height: 2.325"
- Depth: 5"
- Overall Depth (including faceplate): 6.5"
- Weight: 43.8 ounces
The Garmin VHF 115 replaces these items