About the Garmin vivomove® 3
Hybrid is hip
Hybrid is hip
Garmin's vivomove 3 combines an elegant analog watch face with the smart functions of a Garmin fitness tracker. Touch or swipe the face and the hidden touchscreen springs into action, so you can keep up with smart notifications like texts or alerts, plus keep track of your daily fitness metrics. You can even control your music from vivomove 3, so you can tuck your phone into a pocket, bag, or purse and still have control of your favorite playlist.
Connected GPS for distance and pace
vivomove 3 taps into the GPS functions of your connected smartphone so you can track your distance and pace when you're out for a run or walk. Combine that with the built-in stopwatch, timer, and sports apps and you're equipped to get in some serious workouts. Your daily activity counts too — vivomove 3 tracks daily activity like steps and floors climbed.
Garmin's vivomove 3 is stylish right out of the box and is compatible with industry-standard 20mm quick-release bands. You can swap out bands quickly to match your style of the day.
Take charge of your health
Garmin's Elevate™ wrist-based heart rate technology opens up a world of wellness monitoring tools, including stress tracking and advanced sleep monitoring. Other built-in fitness tools include hydration tracking, sleep monitoring, and more.
- hybrid smartwatch with HR monitor
- physical analog watch hands plus touchscreen OLED display
- built-in heart rate monitor with heart rate based calorie computation and Pulse Ox
- 3/8" x 3/4" touchscreen display (64 x 132 pixel display resolution)
- stainless steel bezel and reinforced glass lens
- case: fiber reinforced polymer
- strap: silicone
- fitness monitoring tools:
- all-day stress tracking
- relaxation breathing timer
- Body Battery energy monitoring
- sleep monitoring
- VO2 max estimates
- connected GPS function with your smartphone
- activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims, bicycling, and more
- alerts for texts, emails, phone calls and more from paired smartphones
- measures steps, stairs climbed, activity intensity, calories, and distance
- music control of select smartphone music players
- wirelessly syncs with Garmin Connect online community
- inactivity alert
- watch size: 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" x 7/16"
- band size: fits 4.92" to 7.48"
- battery life: up to 5 days (smartwatch mode); up to 1 week (watch mode)
- water rating: 5 ATM water rating (safe for swimming)
- weight: 1.62 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02239-00
What's in the box:
- GPS fitness watch (Powder Gray case and silicone band)
- 21" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary connector on other end)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin vivomove® 3
Overview: The Garmin vívomove® 3 is a water-resistant hybrid sports watch and smart activity tracker with a built-in heart rate monitor that helps you reach your personalized daily and long-term fitness goals. This lightweight sports watch weighs 1.65 ounces, and is equipped with a traditional analog watch (with hands) with a hidden 0.35" x 0.72" OLED touchscreen (64 x 132 pixels) display. On the display, you can view your steps, calories burned, distances traveled, heart rate, floors climbed, reps completed, and activity intensity. vívomove 3 also alerts you when it's time to move, or when you receive an email, text, a call on your smartphone, or a social media alert. It can even monitor your sleep. The vívomove 3 has a silver stainless steel case, a powder gray fiber-reinforced polymer case, and a gray silicone wrist band that fits a wrist circumference between 4.92" to 7.48".
Connectivity: The device connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth Smart technology, and is compatible with both iPhone and Android devices. While connected, the vívomove 3 utilizes the internet connection on the phone to access your Garmin Connect account, and display features from your phone (calendar, email, notifications, etc.). You can even control the music files stored on your phone. You can search for a lost phone using your sports watch, or search for a connected sports watch with your phone.
Device Modes: There are three modes for operating the vívomove 3. In Glance Mode, the watch hands show the current time, and the device is locked. Double-tapping the touchscreen will wake the device, allowing you to interact with the touchscreen. In Interactive Mode, the watch hands move away from the touchscreen. Lifting and rotating your wrist toward your body turns on the touchscreen. Lowering your wrist away turns the screen off. When the battery is low, the Watch Only Mode lets you see the current time, but the touchscreen remains off until you charge your device.
Elevate: The vívomove 3 is equipped with Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology. The optical heart rate monitor is located on the bottom of the activity tracker and continuously measures your heart rate at the wrist. There is no need to wear a separate heart rate strap. The built-in pulse oximeter gauges the saturation of oxygen in your blood. The heart rate monitor shines light into your skin and checks how much light is absorbed, in order to measure your blood oxygen level. Using the heart rate monitor during vigorous activity, the device will provide your VO2 Max estimates and your "fitness age" to show your fitness progression. The vívomove 3 can broadcast your heart rate to other compatible Garmin devices, such as an Edge cycling device or VIRB action camera. An Abnormal Heart Rate Alert can be set to alert you if your heart rate exceeds or drops below a selected number of beats per minute, after a period of inactivity.
Garmin Connect: The vívomove 3 has built-in Bluetooth Smart technology so you can automatically pair it to your smartphone or mobile device. With the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone or computer, you can keep track of your activities, your daily goals, the calories you've burned, and help motivate you to keep active. You can also share your activities and goals with your friends on social media. The vívomove 3 settings are configured on Garmin Connect. Garmin Connect Mobile works with Bluetooth-enabled devices running Android (version 6.0 or later), or iOS 12.0 or later.
Widgets: The Garmin vívomove 3's on-screen widgets provide feedback on many activities. You can keep track of your activity level throughout the day and view the results on the screen at any time. Additional sensors, such as a bike speed sensor, can be paired to the device. You can swipe the touchscreen display left or right to scroll through the widgets. Some of the activities and display screens include:
- Time/Date/Status: Displays the current time, day, and date (can be set manually, or automatically when it syncs up to your mobile device). It also shows the battery status.
- Steps: Provides a count of the steps you take, and you daily step goal. As you progress, the device will propose a new step goal each day.
- Floors: Similar to the Steps widget, the device keeps track of the number of floors climbed and your goal for the day.
- Intensity Minutes: The vívomove 3 counts the number of minutes spent in vigorous activity, plus your goal for the week.
- Body Battery: Body Battery shows your current energy level. It calculates your energy reserves, based on sleep, stress, and activity data. A higher number indicates a higher energy reserve.
- Stress Level: Displays your current stress level, based on your heart rate variability while you are inactive. The lower the number, the lower your stress level.
- Water Consumed: Displays the total amount of water consumed, and your goal for the day.
- Distance: Keeps track of the total distance traveled for the day, expressed in miles or kilometers.
- Calories Burned: Keeps track of the number of total calories burned for the day, including active and resting calories.
- Heart Rate: Shows your current heart rate and 7-day average resting heart rate in beats per minute (BPM).
- Respiration: Measures and displays your current respiration rate, based on number of breaths per minute, and your 7-day average. It measures your breathing rate while you're inactive to detect any unusual breathing activity, and how it changes related to stress.
- Music Controls: Music controls for the music player on a paired mobile device.
- Temperature/Weather: Displays the current temperature and weather forecast. Requires connection to a smartphone.
- Menstrual Cycle: Shows the status of your current monthly menstrual cycle. You can view and log your daily symptoms.
- Appointments: Display upcoming appointments from your smartphone calendar.
- Notifications: You receive notification of new texts, emails, social network updates, and phone calls received from the paired mobile device.
Rep Counter: If you are participating in a strength training activity, vívomove 3 can record your reps and sets of a single move. Using the built-in timer, the device counts your reps (at least 6) until you complete one set. Each rep is counted when the arm wearing the device returns to the starting position. (It may not work well with leg exercises.) As you begin your second set, you can begin the counter again, and the device will count your reps. The Rep Counter works with bodyweight or free weight exercises, and over a wide range of motion. When completed, you can upload your strength training activity to your Garmin Connect account.
Stress Tracking: The device can analyze your heart rate variability while you are inactive to determine your overall stress. Your stress level is expressed within a range of 0 to 100: 0-25 resting state, 26-50 low stress, 51-75 medium stress, and 76-100 high stress. When stress levels are high, you can use the relaxation-based breathing timer (a 1 to 5 minute breathing exercise) on the stress widget to help lower your stress level. Syncing your device to your Garmin Connect account lets you see your stress level throughout the day, stress trends, and which parts of the day are the most stressful. For best results, you should wear the device while sleeping.
Sleep Monitoring: While you sleep, vívomove 3 automatically detects your sleep, and monitors your movement during normal sleep hours (as set in the User Settings). The device measures your total hours of sleep, sleep levels (light, deep, and REM), and sleep movement. It also measures your Pulse Ox levels as you sleep. Sleep statistics can be viewed in the Garmin Connect app.
Connected GPS: The device uses the GPS in your connected smartphone to provide location, distance, and speed data for your running, walking, and biking activities.
Move IQ: The vívomove 3's Move IQ feature automatically detects activity patterns, such as biking, swimming, walking, or running. This eliminates the need to start or stop the activity timer each time you begin a new activity. You can view the event type and duration on the Garmin Connect timeline, but they do not appear in your activities list, snapshots, or newsfeed.
History: The device can store up to 14 days of activity data (daily steps, calories burned, sleep statistics), heart rate monitoring data, and up to 7 timed activities. Data storage capability depends upon how often you upload the data to your computer.
Accessory Bands: You can change the look of your vívomove with Garmin's optional Quick Release Bands (20mm) directly from Garmin. Over 40 styles of accessory bands are available in silicone, leather, or suede, and nylon, and in multiple sizes and colors. No tools are needed to change the bands.
Water Resistance: The vívomove 3 has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (164 feet). Not only can you wear the device in the rain and wet weather, you can even shower or swim with it. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of 14°F to 122°F (-10° to 50°C).
Battery: The vívomove 3 is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a battery life of up to 5 days in Smart mode, and up to 1 additional week in Watch mode. You can view the remaining battery charge (as a percentage) on the device's information screen. A 21" charging/data cable is included with the device. Charging a fully depleted battery takes approximately 2 hours.