About the Garmin vivosport™
One tool — lots of options
One tool — lots of options
I'm committed to my all-around fitness, so every day looks different — Monday in the gym for strength and plyometrics, running and yoga on Tuesday, cycling Wednesday — you get the idea. If your schedule looks a little like that (or you'd like it to), invest in a tool like Garmin's vivosport activity tracker to record your activity. Like they say, you'll know where you are when you know where you've been.
Built-in heart rate and GPS make vivosport a valuable training tool
Color touchscreen display and smartphone integration
This Garmin's cool integrated screen displays information about your workouts and daily activity — just touch and swipe the screen if you want to read more. You can also control select music players on your smartphone, or even take charge of a Garmin VIRB action camera when you're recording an epic adventure. vivosport pairs with your smartphone to transfer data automatically to the Garmin Connect™ app so you can track your progress, join online challenges, earn virtual badges, or just compare notes with family and friends. And the smart notifications feature will alert you with a gentle vibration when you receive a text, email, or phone call.
As a runner, I know that mileage is king — and there's no more convenient way to measure it than with GPS. This tracker features a sensitive GPS receiver that'll accurately record your mileage when you run or walk, so you can track your fitness goals and hit your marks when you're training for your next (or first) race.
Heart rate metrics
Elevate™ technology measures heart rate at the wrist, so you won't need a heart rate strap on your chest. This versatile tracker meaures calories burned and the distance you've traveled, and — thanks to a built-in barometric altimeter — it can even record the number of floors you've climbed.
Make your move
Your tracker will adjust your goals each day so you make a smooth transition to a better, more active lifestyle. And when you need a prompt, vivosmart HR+ reminds you to get up and move after a period of inactivity. Once you've done so, the timer resets and starts tracking your inactivity again.
- black/lime activity tracker wristband (large)
- built-in GPS receiver records distance
- built-in heart rate monitor with heart rate-based calorie computation
- Chroma Display color touchscreen (0.76" x 0.38")
- smart notifications of texts, emails, and phone calls from paired Bluetooth devices
- measures steps, stairs climbed, activity intensity, calories, and distance
- barometric altimeter
- music control of select smartphone music players
- VIRB® control
- wirelessly syncs with Garmin Connect online community
- inactivity alert
- band size: 148-215 mm
- rechargeable lithium battery, 7 days in smartwatch mode, 8 hours in GPS mode
- water rating of 5 ATM
- weight: 27 gm
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01789-11
What's in the box:
- Smart activity tracker (Small-Medium / Fuchsia)
- 21" Charging cradle/cable (Type A USB)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
More details on the Garmin vivosport™
Overview: The Garmin vívosport is a water-resistant smart activity tracker with GPS and a built-in heart rate monitor that helps you reach your personalized daily and long-term fitness goals. The slender, lightweight device is worn on the wrist, and has a 0.38" x 0.76" Garmin Chroma Display color touchscreen (72 x 144 pixels). On the display, you can view your steps, calories burned, distances traveled, heart rate, floors climbed, reps completed, and activity intensity. Vívosport also alerts you when it's time to move, or when you receive an email, text, a call on your smartphone, or a social media alert. It can even monitor your sleep. This small/medium-sized vívosport weighs 0.85 ounces, and has an adjustable silicone wrist band that fits a wrist circumference between 4.8" to 7.4". A large-sized version is also available for those with a wrist circumference of 5.8" to 8.5".
GPS: The vívosport is equipped with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that enables you to get accurate distance and pace statistics, as well as a map of your outdoor activities. When you take your device outside in an open area, it will locate satellite signals within 30 to 60 seconds.
Elevate: The vívosport is equipped with Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology. The optical heart rate monitor is located on the bottom of the activity tracker and continuously measures your heart rate at the wrist. There is no need to wear a separate heart rate strap. Using the heart rate monitor during vigorous activity, the device will provide your VO2 Max estimates and your "fitness age" to show your fitness progression. The vívosport can broadcast your heart rate to other compatible Garmin devices, such as an Edge cycling device or VIRB action camera.
Garmin Connect: The vívosport has built-in Bluetooth Smart technology so you can automatically pair it to your smartphone or mobile device. With the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone or computer, you can keep track of your activities, your daily goals, the calories you've burned, and help motivate you to keep active. You can also share your activities and goals with your friends on social media. The vívosport settings are configured on Garmin Connect, including Time Format (12-hour or 24-hour), Measurement Units (miles or kilometers), Visible Screens, and Auto Goal. Garmin Connect for your home computer is compatible with Windows Vista SP2 and newer and Mac OS 10.10 or higher. Garmin Connect Mobile works with Bluetooth 4.0-enabled devices running Android 4.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 and above, or Windows 10 Mobile and above. Click here for a list of compatible Apple, Android, or Windows phones.
Widgets: The Garmin vívosport's on-screen widgets provide feedback on many activities. You can keep track of your activity level throughout the day and view the results on the screen at any time. Additional sensors, such as a bike speed sensor, can be paired to the device. You can swipe the touchscreen display left or right to scroll through the widgets. Some of the activities and display screens include:
- Time/Date: Displays the current time, day, and date (can be set manually, or automatically when it syncs up to your mobile device)
- Steps: Provides a count of the steps you take, and you daily step goal. As you progress, the device will propose a new step goal each day.
- Heart Rate: Shows your current heart rate and 7-day average resting heart rate in beats per minute (BPM).
- Floors: Similar to the Steps widget, the device keeps track of the number of floors climbed and your goal for the day.
- Distance: Keeps track of the total distance traveled for the day, expressed in miles or kilometers.
- Intensity Minutes: The vívosport counts the number of minutes spent in vigorous activity, plus your goal for the week.
- Calories Burned: Keeps track of the number of total calories burned for the day, including active and resting calories.
- Stress Level: Displays your current stress level, based on your heart rate variability while you are inactive. The lower the number, the lower your stress level.
- Temperature/Weather: Displays the current temperature and weather forecast. Requires connection to a smartphone.
- Notifications: You receive notification of new texts, emails, social network updates, and phone calls received from the paired mobile device.
- VIRB: Remote controls for a paired VIRB action camera.
- Music Controls: Music controls for the music player on a paired mobile device.
Rep Counter: If you are participating in a strength training activity, vívosport can record your reps and sets of a single move. Using the built-in timer, the device counts your reps (at least 6) until you complete one set. Each rep is counted when the arm wearing the device returns to the starting position. (It may not work well with leg exercises.) As you begin your second set, you can begin the counter again, and the device will count your reps. The Rep Counter works with bodyweight or free weight exercises, and over a wide range of motion. When completed, you can upload your strength training activity to your Garmin Connect account.
Stress Tracking: The device can analyze your heart rate variability while you are inactive to determine your overall stress. Your stress level is expressed within a range of 0 to 100: 0-25 resting state, 26-50 low stress, 51-75 medium stress, and 76-100 high stress. When stress levels are high, you can use the relaxation-based breathing timer (a 1 to 5 minute breathing exercise) on the stress widget to help lower your stress level. Syncing your device to your Garmin Connect account lets you see your stress level throughout the day, stress trends, and which parts of the day are the most stressful. For best results, you should wear the device while sleeping.
Move IQ: The vívosport's Move IQ feature automatically detects activity patterns, such as biking, swimming, walking, or running, for at least 10 minutes. This eliminates the need to start or stop the activity timer each time you begin a new activity. You can view the event type and duration on the Garmin Connect timeline, but they do not appear in your activities list, snapshots, or newsfeed.
History: The device can store up to 14 days of activity data (daily steps, calories burned, sleep statistics), heart rate monitoring data, and up to 7 timed activities. Data storage capability depends upon how often you upload the data to your computer.
Water Resistance: The vívosport has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (164 feet). Not only can you wear the device in the rain and wet weather, you can even shower or swim with it. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of -4°F to 122°F.
Battery: The vívosport is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery with a battery life of up to 7 days in watch mode. When used in the GPS mode, battery life is approximately 8 hours. A 21" charging/data cable is included with the device.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked