About the Garmin vivosmart® HR
Track, measure, succeed
Track, measure, succeed
vivosmart HR constantly monitors your heart rate with a convenient wrist-mounted sensor.
Counting steps is great, but you'll want to add in some other important metrics about the intensity of your workout to get a clearer picture of your activity. Garmin's vivosmart HR activity tracker features a built-in heart rate monitor that constantly monitors your pulse, making accurate estimates on the quality of your exercise, so that grueling athletic conditioning class counts for more than a trip to the supermarket.
vivosmart HR's Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist, so you won't need a heart rate strap on your chest. This versatile tracker meaures calories burned and the distance you've traveled, plus — thanks to a built-in barometric altimeter — it can even record the number of floors you've climbed.
Your tracker will adjust your goals each day so you make a smooth transition to a better, more active lifestyle. And when you need a prompt, vivosmart HR reminds you to get up and move after a period of inactivity. Once you've done so, the timer resets and starts tracking your inactivity again.
Integrates with your smartphone
vivosmart HR pairs with your smartphone to automatically transfer data to the Garmin Connect™ app so you can track your progress, join online challenges, earn virtual badges, or just compare notes with family and friends. And the smart notifications feature will alert you with a gentle vibration when you receive a text, email, or phone call.
The cool integrated screen also displays the information — just touch and swipe the screen if you want to read more. You can also control select music players on your smartphone, or even take charge of a Garmin VIRB action camera when you're recording an epic adventure.
- activity tracker wristband
- built-in heart rate monitor with heart rate based calorie computation
- touchscreen display (1.0" x 0.42")
- smart notifications of texts, emails, and phone calls from paired Bluetooth devices
- measures steps, stairs climbed, activity intensity, calories, and distance
- music control of select smartphone music players
- VIRB® control
- wirelessly syncs with Garmin Connect online community
- inactivity alert
- band sizes: 136-187 mm, 5-3/8" - 7-3/8" (regular); 180-224 mm, 7-1/8" - 8-3/4" (extra large)
- rechargeable lithium battery, up to 5 days between charges
- water rating of 5 ATM
- weight: 29.6 gm (regular); 32 gm (extra large)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01955-09
What's in the box:
- Black vivosmart HR wristband (extra large) with built-in heart rate monitor
- Charging/data clip with attached 22" cable (Type A USB)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin vivosmart® HR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin vivosmart® HR
Overview: The Garmin vívosmart HR is a water-resistant activity tracker with a built-in heart rate monitor that helps you reach your personalized daily goals. The slender, lightweight device is worn on the wrist, and displays your steps, calories burned, distances traveled, heart rate, floors climbed, and activity intensity. It also alerts you when it's time to move, or when you receive an email, text, a call on your smartphone or a social media alert. It can even monitor your sleep. This regular-sized vívosmart HR weighs about an ounce, and has an adjustable wrist band that is 7.1" to 8.8" in length. A regular size wristband is also available.
Elevate: The vívosmart HR is equipped with Elevate wrist heart rate technology. The heart rate monitor is located on the bottom of the activity tracker and continuously measures your heart rate at the wrist. There is no need to wear a separate heart rate strap. The vívosmart HR can be used as a heart rate strap on your wrist when paired with other compatible Garmin devices.
Garmin Connect: The vívosmart HR has built-in Bluetooth Smart technology so you can automatically pair it to your smartphone or mobile device. With the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone or computer, you can keep track of your activities, your daily goals, the calories you've burned, and help motivate you to keep active. You can also share your activities and goals with your friends on social media. The vívosmart HR settings are configured on Garmin Connect, including Time Format (12-hour or 24-hour), Measurement Units (miles or kilometers), Visible Screens, and Auto Goal. Garmin Connect for your home computer is compatible with Windows XP and newer and Mac OS 10.7 or higher. Garmin Connect Mobile works with Bluetooth 4.0-enabled devices running Android 4.3 or higher, iOS 7.0 and above, or Windows 10 Mobile and above. Click here for a list of compatible Apple, Android, or Windows phones.
Activities: The Garmin vívosmart HR keeps track of your activity level throughout the day and displays the results on the 1.0" x 0.42" (160 x 68 pixels) touchscreen display. Additional sensors, such as a bike speed sensor, can be paired to the device. You can swipe the touchscreen display left or right to see what activities are available. Some of the activities and display screens include:
- Time/Date: Displays the current time, day, and date (can be set manually, or automatically when it syncs up to your mobile device)
- Activity Tracking: Provides a count of your daily step count, floors climbed, distance traveled, calories, and intensity minutes. The move bar displays the amount of time you are inactive.
- Goals: Displays your progress toward your activity goals. It learns and proposes a new step goal for you each day. Goals can be customized for daily steps, daily floors climbed, and weekly intensity minutes using your Garmin Connect account.
- Heart Rate: Shows your current heart rate and 7-day average resting heart rate in beats per minute (BPM).
- Notifications: The number of new texts, emails, social network updates, and phone calls received from the paired mobile device.
- VIRB: Remote controls for a paired VIRB action camera.
- Music Controls: Music controls for the music player on a paired mobile device.
History: The device can store up to 14 days of activity data (daily steps, calories burned, sleep statistics), heart rate monitoring data, and up to 7 timed activities. Data storage capability depends upon how often you upload the data to your computer.
Water Resistance: The vívosmart HR has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (164 feet). Not only can you wear the device in the rain and wet weather, you can even shower or swim with it. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of 14°F to 140°F.
Battery: The vívosmart HR is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a battery life of up to 5 days. A 22" charging/data cable is included with the device.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked