About the PowerBass APS-100
Power for your mobile gear's battery
Power for your mobile gear's battery
Do you want to run a high-powered car audio system in your garage or shop, or simply show off the audio system in your classic ride at a car show without draining the battery? PowerBass's APS-100 power supply lets you feed up to 100-amps to your 12-volt gear by simply plugging into a standard household AC outlet or a 120-volt generator. You can also daisy-chain up to four APS-100 power supplies for systems that require more juice.
Connections and protection
Plug in the included LED voltmeter, and you can use the controls on the power supply for the right voltage for your application. Its built-in 3-way power protection protects your electrical system and the 12-volt gear you have installed in your vehicle.
- supplies 12-volt power from a standard 120-volt AC outlet
- includes remote-mount LED voltage meter
- run your high-powered car audio system in your garage or shop
- link four units together for a 400-amp output circuit
- 3-way protection circuitry
- 100-amp output circuit; 120-volt input voltage
- built-in cooling fans
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # APS-100
What's in the box:
- AC-to-DC power supply
- 5' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- LCD voltage display with attached 16' cable (2-pin Molex plug)
- 20" Master-slave connecting cable (2-pin Molex plugs on each end)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 4 Rubber washers
- Owner's Manual
PowerBass APS-100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PowerBass APS-100
Overview: The PowerBass APS-100 is a DC power supply for your mobile or marine audio equipment. It converts standard 110-130V AC household power to 10-16V DC power, and supplies up to 100 amps of continuous power. Up to 4 APS-100s can be connected in parallel, supplying up to about 400A of total current. The APS-100 can be used on your test bench, for retail audio displays, or to power the audio for your show car. It comes with a heavy duty AC power cord, and a digital LED voltage display (with 16' cord).
3-Way Protection: The APS-100 features intelligent 3-way protection circuitry that protects your electrical system, batteries, or equipment in case of malfunction or overload. The protection circuitry will shut off the unit in the case of excessive heat (over 75°C) or current overload (100A). In addition, the APS-100 has a 20A / 250V fuse at the input to protect the power supply itself.
Cooling Fans: The APS-100 has four 1-1/2" cooling fans, two on each end, to draw air over the internal components to avoid overheating. When installing, you should avoid blocking or covering the fan openings.
Connections: The APS-100's input in rated at 120V AC / 60Hz with an IEC 3-prong power connection. The AC cord should be plugged directly into a 20A-rated wall outlet. You should avoid using extension cords. The output is equipped with positive and negative set screw terminals that will accept power and ground wire up to 1/0-gauge. The set screws require a 5mm Allen wrench (not included). The positive output connection should be fused with an in-line 100A fuse. No power/ground wire or fuses are included for connecting your DC-powered devices.
Power Cord: The unit comes with a 5' heavy duty power cord with three 14-gauge conductors and a 3-prong IEC-style plug.
Voltage Control: The voltage output is controlled by a rotary dial on the side of the unit. The control is continuously variable from 10V to 16V, with markings at 12.4V, 13.8V, and 14.4V. The supplied remote digital LED voltmeter plugs directly into the side of the unit, so you can monitor the output voltage at all times.
Daisy-chaining: Up to four APS-100 power supplies can be connected in parallel in case you need extra power. Using the Mode switches on the units, one power supply is designated as the master unit, with the remaining devices as slave units. The output voltage is controlled by the master power supply, with the supplied jumper cables connected from the "Out" port to the "In" port on the next unit in the chain.
- Input Voltage: 120V AC ±10%
- Input Frequency: 60Hz
- Adjustable Output: 10V-16V DC ±0.5V
- Output Current: 100 Amps DC continuous (Maximum)
- Line Regulation: Less than ±0.5%
- Load Regulation: Less than ±0.5%
- Efficiency: More than 85%
- Overload Protection: Fuse 20A / 250V (Input Voltage: 120V)
- Output Ripple: 150mV RMS
- Design: Switching type
- Protection Temperature: 75°C
- Cooling Fan: Four (1.5" x 1.5" x 0.4")
- Input Cable: SVT 14 AWG - 0 AWG
- Power Switch: 15A / 250V AC
- Dimensions: Width 11:845", Height 2.6", Depth 9.718"
- Weight: 8.75 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?