About the PowerBass PS-AWB121T
Made to fit your truck
Made to fit your truck
You bought a truck because you need a versatile vehicle. But the limited space inside a truck cab makes it hard to find a subwoofer enclosure that'll give you the deep bass you need. At only 5-3/4 inches in depth, the PowerBass PS-AWB121T powered subwoofer houses a 200-watt amp and a 12" speaker in a compact enclosure that'll fit behind the rear seat of most modern trucks.
Made for each other
PowerBass made the computer-designed enclosure to work together with the 12" subwoofer for maximum performance. The sub's molded polypropylene cone has the stiffness to dish out big bass hits, while the large roll butyl rubber surround keeps the cone on track. The enclosure's attractive aircraft-grade vinyl finish protects the cabinet from bumps and scrapes.
A 200-watt (RMS) amplifier powers the PS-AWB121T. High- and low-level inputs allow you to connect it to any system, while the included remote knob lets you adjust bass intensity from the driver's seat. Variable crossover and bass boost controls let you tune the sub to your vehicle and favorite kind of music. The amp's protection features include impedance overload, speaker and amp short-circuit, thermal, and DC output protection. When the high-level inputs are used, the amplifier will turn on automatically when it senses input signal.
- powered subwoofer enclosure with 12" sub
- Class AB amplifier (200 watts RMS)
- sealed truck-style enclosure with aircraft-grade vinyl finish
- remote bass-level control included
- intelligent auto turn on/off function
- separate low-level and speaker-level inputs
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- frequency response: 36-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- dimensions: 30-5/16"W x 14"H x 5-3/4"D1 x 3-3/4"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PS-AWB121T
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Remote gain control
- 16.5' Remote gain cable (RJ-25 connectors on both ends)
- 8" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 3mm Allen key
- Eight 7/8" Phillips-head screws
- 4 Crimp-connectors
- Owner's manual
PowerBass PS-AWB121T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PowerBass PS-AWB121T
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA, speaker-level harnes|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||400 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Powerbass PS-AWB121T is a self-amplified subwoofer enclosure featuring a 12" subwoofer driven by a built-in 200 watt RMS (400 peak) amplifier. Housed in a slim "truck-style" enclosure, the PS-AWB121T is designed to fit behind or under a seat while providing deep solid bass in a compact form.
Enclosure: The PS-AWB121T's heavy-duty enclosure is constructed from non-resonant 5/8" panels that have been glued, braced and sealed. The enclosure is finished in durable aviation grade vinyl. Two angled mounting brackets along with mounting hardware are provided for securing the enclosure to a trunk or floor pan.
Subwoofer: The included 12" sub driver features an injection-molded thermoplastic polymer cone with rubber surround, for increased resistance to moisture and dust and providing maximum cone excursion. The driver also features a specially designed 2" diameter resin coated, high-temperature Kapton voice-coil to ensure high power handling and precise linear excursion.
Amplifier: The PS-AWB121T features an ultra efficient Class-A/B mono amplifier that's perfectly matched to the 10" subwoofer driver. The amp provides 200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power) and features the following end-panel controls and indicators:
- Gain: Varies the input level.
- LPF: The built-in low-pass filter can be varied from 50Hz-200Hz.
- Bass EQ: This dial can apply a boost at 45Hz, with a range of 0dB-12dB.
- Phase Switch: Allows the subwoofer signal to be either in phase (0˚) or out of phase (180˚).
- Power LED
- Auto Turn-On Switch: When set to On, this allows a speaker-level input signal to trigger the amplifier to power on/off, without the need for a remote wire connection.
- RCA: Input for low-level pre-amp signals.
- High Input: A 4-wire Molex harness is provided for running speaker-level signals into the amp.
- Remote Gain Control Input: An RJ-25 socket is provided for plugging in the included Remote Gain Control.
- Fuse Slot: Contains one 20A ATC fuse.
- Power/Ground/Remote: Three set-screw terminals are provided, accepting up to 8 AWG wire.
Remote Gain Control: The PS-AWB121T includes a Remote Gain Control for changing the subwoofer's level from the driver's seat. This low-profile control can be mounted under a dash within easy reach and includes a 16.5' cable terminated in RJ-25 plugs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?