About the PowerBass STA-10
Smaller subwoofer enclosures bring deep bass into confined spaces, bringing low-frequency vibrations closer to your body so you can feel the bass at lower sound levels. The PowerBass STA-10 powered sub fits under or behind the seat in many vehicles, giving you the bass power of a 10" woofer.
Dial in your sub settings
The STA-10's Class D amplifier drives the sub with up to 200 watts of RMS power. The Class D amp hardly gets warm when it's working, so it's perfect under your seat or in other tight spaces. A wired remote gain control lets you adjust the sub level from the drivers' seat. The amp's controls also include an adjustable low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase switch. The STA-10's switchable line- and speaker-level inputs are compatible with just about any car stereo.
- powered subwoofer with extruded aluminum enclosure
- 10" shallow-profile polypropylene woofer
- Class D amplifier (200 watts RMS)
- wired remote control and mounting hardware included
- low-pass crossover variable from 50-120 Hz at 12 dB per octave
- bass boost (0 to +12 dB at 45 Hz)
- separate speaker and line-level inputs
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- requires 8-gauge wiring kit (sold separately)
- dimensions: 10-15/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 14-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STA-10
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Remote gain control w/ 16.5' phone cable (RJ-25 both ends)
- 13" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 3/4" screws
- Two 3/8" screws
- Four rubber washers
- Owner's manual
PowerBass STA-10 reviews
Great little sub for my Jeep
0 of 0 found this helpful
Not what I expected for the price
Cons: Not good at all for the price
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the PowerBass STA-10
Features & specs
|Finish Material||Powder-coated aluminum|
|Connector Type||RCA, Speaker-level|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||400 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Powerbass STA-10 is a self-amplified subwoofer enclosure featuring a 10" subwoofer driven by a built-in 200 watt RMS (400 peak) amplifier. Housed in a compact enclosure, the STA-10 is designed to be mounted under seats and in tight spaces.
Enclosure: The STA-10 features a CAD (Computer Aided Design) aluminum enclosure and metal-mesh grill that's designed to be durable yet compact. It's trapezoid shape is perfectly tuned to get the most out of the proprietary 10" subwoofer, by maximizing the transient response and dispersing standing waves away from the driver, resulting in cleaner, deeper bass in a small enclosure.
Subwoofer: Maximized for use in a compact enclosure, the included 10" subwoofer features a Polypropylene cone, with rubber surround, and a 40 oz. ferrite magnet. A vented pole-piece helps keep the voice-coil cool during heavy use.
Amplifier: The STA-10 features an ultra efficient Class-D mono amplifier that's perfectly matched to the 10" subwoofer driver. The amp provides 200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power) and features the following end-panel controls and indicators:
- Sensitivity (Button): This changes the range of the Gain dial. Leaving the button out gives a sensitivity range of 0.2V-5V, while depressing the button gives a range of 2V-10V.
- Gain: Varies the input level. Range is determined by the Sensitivity button.
- LPF: The built-in low-pass filter can be varied from 40Hz-200Hz.
- Subsonic: Allows subsonic frequencies to be filtered out. Range is from 20Hz-50Hz.
- Bass EQ: This dial can apply a boost at 45Hz, with a range of 0dB-12dB.
- Phase Switch: Allows the subwoofer signal to be either in phase (0˚) or out of phase (180˚).
- Power: Lights if amp is powered on.
- Clip: Indicates if the output signal is clipping or distorting.
- Protect: This indicator will light for a shorted speaker-circuit, thermal overheating, or DC output.
- RCA: Input for low-level pre-amp signals.
- High Input: A 4-wire Molex harness is provided for running speaker-level signals into the amp. When these are used, the amp will auto turn-on with a speaker signal present, and doesn't require a remote turn-on wire to be connected.
- Remote Gain Control Input: An RJ-25 socket is provided for plugging in the included Remote Gain Control.
- Fuse Slot: Contains one 30A ATC fuse.
- Power/Ground/Remote: Three set-screw terminals are provided, accepting up to 8 AWG wire.
Remote Gain Control: The STA-10 includes a Remote Gain Control for changing the subwoofer's level from the driver's seat. This low-profile control can be mounted under a dash within easy reach and includes a 16.5' cable terminated in RJ-25 plugs.
1 question already asked