About the PowerBass XL-62M
Light 'em up, crank 'em up
Light 'em up, crank 'em up
If you're looking to upgrade the audio on your boat, ATV, side-by-side, or golf cart, PowerBass speakers have the performance you want and the toughness you need, all at a price you'll like. These LED-equipped speakers are water-resistant and treated to resist punishing UV rays. And they come with an RGB remote, too!
Style, substance, and sound
These XL-62M 6-1/2" powersports speakers will bring great sound and RGB LED lighting to your outdoor adventures. They'll handle up to 80 watts RMS, so they'll cut right through motor noise and wind to give you the performance you're looking for. The durable 6-1/2" poly woofers and titanium dome tweeters are protected by ultra-durable baskets and thermoplastic polyurethane surrounds.
Outstanding sound for outdoor fun
The folks at PowerBass know that the great outdoors is a tough environment for speakers. Enjoying an "adult toy" can get very noisy, so the speakers have to perform. They also need to withstand moisture, dirt, heat, cold, and blazing sunlight. That's why PowerBass designs their speakers to stand up to whatever you're going to get into. The UV-resistant mesh grilles will stand up to the elements for years to come.
Make your own light show
You can link up to 6 pairs of these speakers and control them all with one RGB remote control. The remote lets you switch between colors and effects and keep everything in sync with just a push of a button.
- marine-grade 6-1/2" coaxial speakers with LED lighting
- RGB illumination with selectable lighting effects
- over 20 selectable colors and over 19 different lighting effects
- water-resistant woofer cones
- thermoplastic polyurethane surround
- UV-resistant grilles and speaker baskets
- grille-mounted titanium dome tweeters
- waterproof magnet covers
- RGB remote control included
- stainless steel hardware included
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- power handling: 80 watts RMS (160 watts peak)
- impedance: 4 ohms
- cut-out diameter: 5-5/8"
- mounting depth: 2-13/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- water-resistant woofer cones and grille-mounted titanium dome tweeters
- MFR # XL-62M
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way speakers (16" speaker wire and LED power wires attached)
- 2 White grilles (attached)
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (each has bullet connectors on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Two 10' RGB Cables
- 2 In-line LED Control RF receivers
- Wireless RF remote control
- CR2025 Battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Eight 1-3/8" Stainless steel screws
- 8 Stainless steel speed clips
- Application guide
- powerbass digital media note
- 2 Window stickers
PowerBass XL-62M reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PowerBass XL-62M
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
92 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||60 - 20k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||160|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/8|
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are designed for infinite-baffle operation and can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure. If mounted in an enclosure, a volume between 0.2 ft³ and 0.5 ft³ is recommended.
Mounting Location: These speakers must be installed at least 3 feet (1-meter) away from any electromagnetic nautical equipment (compass, sonar, etc).
Illumination: The XL-62M speakers have red, green, and blue LEDs on the back of the tweeter housings, to create a glow on the woofer cones. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on and they are controlled using the included RF remote control. Up to 12 speakers (6 pair) can be controlled with one of the included in-line LED RF receivers. Choose between 20 different colors and 19 different lighting effects. If you do not want to use the remote control and only want to display a single color this can easily be done by connecting the black wire in the 4-wire RGB harness to +12 volts and connecting some combination of the red, green, and blue wires to ground:
- Red = Red
- Green = Green
- Blue = Blue
- Red/Green = Bright Green
- Red/Blue = Magenta
- Blue/Green = Aqua
- Red/Blue/Green = White w/ Blue Tint
- The two RF receivers will require 12V power and ground. To prevent battery drain install a switch on the +12V wire so you can turn off the RGB RF receivers when not in use.
- If you are not using the RF receivers and remote, you will need to connect the black +12V wire of the RGB extension harness to switched power either with a relay or switch to prevent battery discharge when using single color mode.
RF Remote & Receivers: The illumination is controlled by the included RF remote/RF receivers. The RF remote is powered by a CR2025 3V battery. Control functions include:
- Power On/Off: turns the RGB RF receivers on or off
- Dynamic Lightning Effect Mode Adjustment: switches between Static lighting or Dynamic effect mode, or switch between Effects when in Dynamic mode
- Dynamic Lightning Speed Adjustment: adjusts the speed up or down to the desired pattern
- Static Color Adjustment: switch to Static Color mode and select between 20 different colors
- Brightness Adjustment: increase/decrease brightness in Static Color mode
Note: Do not install the RF receivers in enclosed metal, as this will interfere with communication between them and the remote control.
Wiring: Each speaker is equipped with a total of six wires, two speaker wires that attach to your amplifier, and four LED power wires (Red/Green/Blue/Black) that attach to the included RF receivers. Each RF receiver has power and ground inputs and four LED power outputs (Red/Green/Blue/Black).