About the Dynamat Original
Lose the bad vibes that hurt your tunes! Applied to body panels, Original Dynamat reduces noise by 3 dB or more, effectively doubling your amplifier power! A good choice for floors and doors, Original Dynamat is an asphalt based, general purpose damping material. It weighs just .66 pounds per square foot, and is 0.075" thick.
Since your music doesn't have to compete with as much ambient noise, you'll hear subtle musical detail you hadn't heard before. Even if you have your stereo turned off, you'll appreciate the difference Dynamat Original makes. The more Dynamat you install, the more your car will sound and feel like a luxury automobile. If you use a cellular phone while driving, you'll hear your calls much better.
If you are a car audio fanatic, and you like your music LOUD, consider Dynamat the foundation of your system. Loud music in a car can induce a lot of vibrations on its own. So your Dynamat does double duty, damping road noise as well as the panel vibrations caused by loud tunes.
Dynamat sheets are easy to cut, so you can apply them in all the odd-shaped nooks and crannies your vehicle presents. Warming up Dynamat with a heat gun or hair dryer during installation increases its flexibility and improves its adhesion to the mounting surface.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dynamat Original
Dynamat is made to absorb the dynamic motion or vibrations found in a vehicle. Dynamat transforms these vibrations into silent energy, resulting in less noise and better stereo performance.
There is a high tack permanent adhesive with a peel off plastic liner on the back of the Dynamat.
The material cuts easily with scissors or a razor knife.
The surface is black and
- Clean mounting surface (bare metal)
- Using a razor knife or scissors cut Dynamat to the desired size
- Heating the material before applying is strongly recommended. This will increase the flexibility of the Dynamat and make it adhere more easily to the surface.
- Bend the pad slightly and attach it along its shortest edge
- Apply pressure, working Dynamat into the contours of the vehicle body. This reduces the risk of leaving air pockets, which reduce the sound damping capacity.
- Temp Range: -30 to +350 degrees
- Damping loss factor: 0.08
- Weight LBS/SQ.FT: 0.66