About the Dynamat Dynil®
Dynil is a dense, ultra-pliable acoustic barrier that reduces sound transmitted through walls, floors and ceilings. It is typically installed between the wall/ceiling studs and drywall, and between floor joists and sub flooring. Some applications for Dynil include a home theater, office, nursery, exercise room, laundry room, bedroom, or home recording studio.
- dense ultra-pliable black flexible vinyl acoustic barrier
- STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating: 28
- can withstand temperatures ranging between -40°F to +220°F
- roll measures 54 inches wide x 25 feet long (112.5 sq. ft.)
- vinyl is .09" thick and weighs 1 lb. per square foot
- resistant to water and mineral oils
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 50100
What's in the box:
- 1 Roll of 54" x 25' flexible vinyl barrier (112.5 sq.ft.)
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Dynamat Dynil®
Overview: With home theater popularity growing at a rapid rate, everyone is becoming aware of the need for noise isolation & sonic privacy. Dynil Sound Barrier is a dense, ultra-pliable acoustic barrier that reduces sound transmission through walls, floors & ceilings. Dynil works to prevent unwanted noise transfer outside the room while creating an optimal acoustic environment in the room. With its highest in class STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating, Dynil reduces noise transmission over a broad frequency range. It keeps outside noise out & inside sound in. Dynil Sound Barrier makes any room quieter and is ideal for your home theater, office, nursery, exercise room, laundry room, bedroom, or home recording studio. Use Dynil Sound Barrier throughout your home for better sound & quieter living.
Construction: Dynil Sound Barrier is a dense ultra-pliable black flexible vinyl (1 lb per sq.ft.) acoustic barrier. Dynil can withstand temperature ranges between -40 ºF to +220 ºF.
Acoustic Properties: Dynil works to prevent unwanted noise transfer outside the room while creating an optimal acoustic environment in the room.
Applications: Dynil makes any room quieter & is ideal for the home theater, home office, nursery, exercise room, study, laundry room, & bedroom. Dynil is also perfect for noise reduction in business office situations. It can also be used in other applications requiring an acoustic barrier material.
Installation: Dynil Sound Barrier is designed to be installed during the construction or remodeling of your home & commercial dwellings. Dynil is installed between the wall/ceiling studs & sheet rock, and between floor joists & sub floors on floors. Cut Dynil to length with a razor knife or scissors. Dynil allows for quick installation with standard construction staples.
- Wall Installation: Measure the height of your studs. Cut Dynil to this length. On standard wall construction, attach the 54" wide material across four studs (48" across) allowing the material to drape between the studs. On staggered wall construction, weave Dynil in and out between the studs. Fasten to studs with standard staple gun. Attach drywall according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Floor Installation: Measure length of room perpendicular to joists. Cut Dynil to this length. Apply before underlayment installation. The maximum roll length is 25 ft. For floors longer than 25 ft, overlap the material 2". Position the 54" wide material across 48" of floor joists and fasten with standard staple gun. Attach sub-floor according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Ceiling Installation: Measure the length of ceiling along the rafters. For regular ceilings, cut Dynil slightly larger than the spacing between rafters. Attach Dynil with a standard staple gun between rafters so that it sags 2" from the mounting points. Finish drywall ceiling according to manufacturer's instructions. For resilient channel or drop ceilings, attach Dynil across the rafters with a standard staple gun so that is sags 0.5" from the mounting points. Finish drywall or install drop panels according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Appearance: Black flexible vinyl barrier
- Color: Charcoal gray
- STC: 28
- Mass: 1 lb per square foot
- Thickness: 0.09"
- Temperature Range (resistance): -40°F to +220°F
- Standards: Meets UL94-V40
- Chemical Resistance: Resistance to water & mineral oils
1 question already asked