About the Dynamat DynaPad
DynaPad is a multilayered composite sound barrier that dramatically reduces sound transmission through floors. It has two layers of polyurethane foam with a layer of DynaMat Dynil® in between. DynaPad is typically installed beneath carpeting, and can be used on any floor above or below a noise source. Although optimized for home theaters, DynaPad can also be effective for a home office, nursery, exercise room, study, laundry room, or bedroom.
- multilayered acoustic barrier with two polyurethane foam layers and a layer of Dynil flexible vinyl in between
- STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating: 28
- can withstand temperatures ranging between -40°F to +220°F
- roll measures 54 inches wide x 25 feet long (112.5 sq. ft.)
- material is .45" thick and weighs 1.1 lbs. per square foot
- resistant to water and mineral oils
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 50110
What's in the box:
- 1 Roll of 54" x 25' four-part composite sound barrier (112.5 sq.ft.)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dynamat DynaPad
Overview: DynaPad is an effective four-part composite sound barrier that dramatically reduces sound transmission through floors. DynaPad can be used on any floor above or below a noise source. DynaPad works to prevent unwanted noise transfer outside the room while creating an optimal acoustic environment in the room. Although optimized for home theater use, DynaPad is perfect for areas where silence is needed. DynaPad makes any room quieter and is also ideal for the home office, nursery, exercise room, study, laundry room, & bedroom. Use DynaPad throughout your home for better sound & quieter living.
4-Layer Construction: DynaPad is a four-layer composite barrier material utilizing a 1 lb per sq.ft. vinyl barrier that is sandwiched between two layers of 0.1875" thick acoustic foam with a urethane top layer. The material can withstand temperature ranges between -40ºF and +225ºF.
Acoustic Properties: The effectiveness of DynaPad depends on the ability of the material to form an effective barrier between the noise source & the listener. The barrier supported between two layers of acoustic foam creates an absorbtion-barrier-absorbtion sound insulating system. This system maximizes the amount of sound that can be stopped.
Application: DynaPad is designed to provide an under carpet sound barrier in automotive interiors, residential and commercial dwellings. DynaPad is optimized for use under carpet in automotive, residential & commercial applications. It is also used in other applications requiring acoustic barrier foam systems.
Installation: DynaPad is designed to be installed during the construction or remodeling of your home. DynaPad is designed to be easily installed under the carpet. Use scissors or knife to cut DynaPad to the desired size and shape before installation. Install DynaPad over your floor underlayment. Remove any dust, grease, moisture, and other foreign matter from the application surface. Use duct tape or carpet tape on seams to keep DynaPad in position. Install the carpet pad (optional) & finish with the carpet.
Note: When used under carpeting, no spray adhesive is needed. For other locations, spray adhesive on the application surface and on the back of the DynaPad.
- Appearance: 4-part composite foam barrier with two 0.1875" thick polyurethane foam layers with a 1.0 lb per sq.ft. Dynil barrier in between the foam
- Color: Charcoal gray, black
- STC (Sound Transmission Class): 28
- Mass: 1.09 lb per square foot
- Thickness: 0.452"
- Temperature Range: -40°F to +220°F
- Standards: meets MVSS302, UL94-V0 (barrier); UL94HF (foam)
- Chemical Resistance: Resistance to water & mineral oils