About the Sony MDS-JE330/MZ-E33 MiniDisc bundle
MD's 1-2-3 punch of clean digital sound, extreme ease of use, and unmatched portability is redefining the way we enjoy our music. For one great price this package deal makes MiniDisc a part of your home and traveling lifestyles.
Record your music onto MDs at home using Sony's MDS-JE330 recorder, and then play 'em wherever you go in their MZ-E33 portable player. You also get two Sony 74-minute blank MDs and an optical digital cable.
- jog dial for fast track selection and text entry
- editing (erase, move, title, un-do, divide, combine)
- digital record level
- 6-sec. time-shift recording
- optical digital input
- analog in/out
- mono recording capability
- random and repeat play
- sampling rate converter
- remote control
- 20-bit A/D converters
- frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio 94 dB
- 17"W x 3-3/4"H x 12-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- headphones with in-line LCD remote control
- carrying pouch
- 10-second shock-resistant memory
- random and repeat
- Mega Bass sound
- portable use requires 1 "AA" battery (not included)
- 3-1/8"W x 3/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
What's in the box:
- MDS-JE330 Minidisc player/recorder; RM-D29M wireless remote with 2 "AA" batteries; 24" Toslink cord; 2 pairs of 3' RCA patch cords; Manual; Warranty card; Safeguards; Owner registration/survey card; Sony Partnership promo and envelope (optional extra-cost extended warranty); MiniDisc accessories promo; 158MZE33CG Champagne gold Portable MiniDisc Player; Fabric carrying pouch; MDR-A34 in-the-ear stereo headphones with 17" cord; RM-MZE33 stick type wired remote with 33" cord; Instruction sheet (English/French); Sheet on serial number location; Warning on volume level/hearing loss); Warranty sheet; Two 74 minute blank minidiscs (blank minidiscs are inside the MZ-E33 box)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony MDS-JE330/MZ-E33 MiniDisc bundle
- RCA analog line in
- RCA analog line out
- Toslink Digital line input (covered by a plastic cap)
The player uses Atrac generation 4.5.
Jog dial: The player has a jog dial which, besides being used to access tracks and titling is also used for accessing a set up and edit menu to select many of the recording/playback options.
Hybrid pulse D/A converter: This places the converter and digital filter on the same IC to reduce signal leads and minimize interference.
Converter: The A/D converter is 20 bits.
Shock protection: A shock resistant buffer holds up to six seconds of music for shock protection and time shift.
Recording level: In addition to the standard analog level, this unit also allows you to set digital recording levels for better control over your digital recordings.
Peak hold: This function freezes the level meter display at the highest level reached by the input signal.
Track numbers: The track numbers may be set manually or automatically. When recording from an analog source auto track marking is based on the signal dropping to a specified level for 1.5 seconds or longer. The level can be set from -72 to 0 dB in 2dB steps.
Smart Space: Long silent spaces will be replaced with a 3 second blank. This feature may be turned on/off and you must be using the digital input.
Auto Cut: When the source is connected through the digital input, if no sound is input for 30 seconds it will replace the silence with 3 seconds of silence and place the unit into record pause.
Time machine recording: The last 6 seconds of data is stored in buffer so you can start recording 6 seconds before you actually engage the record function.
Updating: After recording, editing, or changing the table of contents the MD is only updated when power is turned off on the front panel or the disc is ejected. An interruption of power through the AC cord will cause everything that was changed since the last updating occurred to be lost.
Name erase: This function allows you to erase all titles on a disc simultaneously or you can erase them one by one.
Undo: This function cancels the last edit and restores the MD to the way it was prior to edit.
Automatic conversion of digital sampling rates: This allows you to convert 32 and 48kHz to the 44.1 kHz sampling rate of MD, so you can record from DSS with digital out or DAT/DCC.
Sleep function: You can select on (60 minutes) or off.
Music synch: This allows you to synchro-record with any audio equipment.
Synchro buttons and CD buttons on remote: These buttons allow you to synchro-record with a Sony CD player.
Lid: uses a clam-shell lid which opens by pressing a small button on the front of the unit.
Champagne-gold color: note that this is almost a silver color with just the barest hint of gold.
Anti-shock memory: 10 seconds
of shock resistant memory for skip resistance
Headphones: The supplied headphones are in-the-ear design (black plastic ear cups and headband) and may be folded for easy carrying. They terminate in a standard, gold plated stereo minijack.
Wired Remote: The included wired remote is a translucent white "stick" remote . It has a standard stereo minijack output (which is used with the supplied remote or could be used with any headphone with a stereo minijack plug). Pause, play, AMS, and audible search functions are controlled by a knurled knob on one end of the remote. It has a tie clip to allow you to attach it to your pocket, etc.
Other functions of the remote are:
- LCD screen (not back lighted)
- Track name and disc name (if present on disc)
- Track number and elapsed time
- Battery level
- Small disc icon to show if the disc is playing or paused
- Volume level when changed
- Play mode: Cycles through:
- Normal play (plays all tracks once)
- All repeat: all tracks played repeatedly
- Single repeat: single track played repeatedly
- Shuffle repeat: tracks are played repeatedly in random order
- Display: changes what is displayed on remote LCD
- Pause button
- Hold button (locks controls)
- Volume +/-
Wired Remote dimensions: 3.358" L, .603" W, .874" D
Controls on unit:
- Front of unit:
- Headphone output (stereo minijack)
- Nonstandard input for Sony wired remote
- Open button
- Left side of unit:
- DC input jack for optional AC adapter (3V, tip+)
- Battery compartment: This compartment can hold one of two types of optional battery (one at a time); either a "AA" battery or a Chewing-gum type battery
- Right side of unit:
- Digital Mega Bass: Increases bass output, can select 0 (off); 1 or 2
- AVLS: Lowers maximum volume. Can select Norm (does not limit volume) or Limit (which limits maximum volume)
- Bottom of unit:
- OPR/CHG LED: Red LED, used to indicate power on and charging condition (charging requires optional AC adapter)
- Hold button (prevents controls from being accidentally changed)
- Volume +/- buttons
- Stop button (also used to start charging)
- Play/>> button
- << button
This unit does not include any batteries or AC adapter/chargers. The customer must purchase one of the following:
- One AA alkaline battery: Approx. 9.5 hours playback time
- "AA" size rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 8 hours
- NC-14WM/9WM rechargeable "gum
type" Ni-MH batteries: Approx. 7/6.5 hours playback time
Note that the above optional rechargeable batteries can be recharged inside the unit with the optional AC adapter.