About the Sony SEL 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Lens
Mount this lens to your Sony NEX-series hybrid camera to get a "zoomed out" view that lets you photograph more of the scene in front of you. Take it along to your family reunion to easily snap large group shots, or bring it on your next vacation to better capture the enormity of landscapes and cityscapes. Its compact size makes it very travel-friendly.
This lens's wide maximum aperture also means it's a great choice for low-light shooting whether that's Las Vegas at night, or just indoors without a flash. It lets in plenty of light, so you won't get the overly dim or blurry photos you might see with other lenses.
- 16mm f/2.8 wide-angle lens
- compatible with Sony NEX-series hybrid digital cameras
- effective focal length of 24mm
- ideal for group shots, as well as landscape and low-light photography
- minimum focus distance: 9-7/16 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 5 elements in 5 groups
- attachment/filter size: 49mm
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter, 1-1/8" long
- weight: 2.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SEL16F28
What's in the box:
- Sony SEL16F28 E-mount 16mm F2.8 lens
- End cap (installed)
- 49mm Lens cap (installed)
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using sheet
- Warranty sheet
Sony SEL 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Lens reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Lens
Optics: The Sony E 16mm F2.8 lens is compatible with the Sony α NEX-series interchangeable lens cameras. The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm, and an 83° field of view for excellent low-light performance. It also has a smooth and quiet Auto Focus operation.
Focusing: The lens can be used in the auto-focus, direct manual focus, or manual focus modes. You can switch between focusing modes in the camera menu.
Dimensions: The lens has the following dimensions: Diameter=2.5", Length=1.106" (without lens caps).
|Lens||E 16mm F2.8|
|Angle of View||83°|
|Minimum Focus||0.79' (9.48")|
|f-stop||f/2.8 maximum |