About the Sony KDL-19M4000
The versatile, ultra-compact Sony KDL-19M4000 lets you enjoy sharp, clear HDTV in any room: bedroom, kitchen, office, or a dorm room. Its light weight and built-in handle make it easy to pick up and carry from one room to another. You get built-in tuners for your local digital and analog over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required). Plus, a "QAM" cable TV tuner lets cable subscribers watch unscrambled channels without a set-top box including HD channels in many areas.
The versatility theme continues with the KDL-19M4000's audio/video connections. You'll find two high-def-capable inputs one HDMI and one component video for hooking up the latest video gear. Plus, you get standard A/V inputs for use with conventional components like a VCR. There's also a handy computer input so you can put this TV to work as a PC monitor.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 19" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio
- matte-black finish (front), white finish (top, sides, and back)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1440 x 900 pixels
- 3D digital comb filter
- built-in stereo speakers (5 watts x 2)
- remote control
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video (1 rear, 1 side)
- 1 S-video (side)
- 1 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 1 HDMI (accepts signals up to 1080p)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Energy Star® compliant (new standard) see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 15-1/2"W x 6-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 19-1/8"W x 15-3/4"H x 3-3/8"D (16"H x 6-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 17.2 lbs. with stand; 15.2 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KDL19M4000
What's in the box:
- 19" LCD TV with black front bezel and white top and back panel
- 6' AC cord
- Wireless remote control (RM-YD025)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Cable tie
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instructions for installing Wall-Mount Bracket
- Warranty sheet
- On-line product registration card
Sony KDL-19M4000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony KDL-19M4000
Features & specs
NTSC/ATSC/QAM Tuners: The TV is equipped with an analog NTSC tuner, a digital ATSC tuner, and a digital QAM tuner for receiving unscrambled digital cable channels. It is not CableCARD compatible. You do not need to connect an external HDTV set-top box in order to receive High-Definition programming.
Native Resolution: The KDL-19M4000 has a native resolution of 1440 x 900. The TV's HDMI input and component video input can accept 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i signals. The HDMI input will also accept 1080p.
Screen Modes: You can choose from the following Screen Modes:
- Wide Mode:
- Wide Zoom: fills screen with minimum distortion
- Normal: displays 4:3 picture in original size when the original source is 4:3
- Full: enlarges the picture horizontally to fill the screen when the original source is 4:3; when the original source is 16:9, select this mode to enlarge the picture vertically to fill the display area
- 16:9: displays 16:9 picture in original size
- Zoom: enlarges the original picture without distorting the aspect ratio
- 4:3 Default:
- Wide Zoom: enlarges the 4:3 picture to fill the display area, keeping the original image as much as possible
- Full: enalrges the 4:3 picture horizonatlaly only, to fill the display area
- 16:9: enlarges the picture to 16:9 aspect ratio
- Zoom: enlarges the picture horizontally and vertically to an equal aspect ratio that fills the wide screen
- Auto Wide: screen automatically changes to the screen mode that is best suited for the current program
Picture Mode: The TV has three picture modes.
- Vivid: enhances picture contrast and sharpness
- Standard: displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments
- Custom: manually adjust Picture Contrast, Brightness, Color, or Hue
Advanced Picture Setting: In addition the television offers the following advanced picture functions.
- Noise Reduction: reduces the noise level of connected equipment and the Cable/Antenna input
- Sharpness: adjust to sharpen or soften the picture
- Color Temperature: adjusts the TV's color temperature to Cool, Neutral, or Warm
CineMotion: This feature automatically detects film content and applies a reveres 3-2 pulldown process so moving pictures will appear cleaner and more natural looking.
Power Save: You can reduce the power consumption of the television by adjusting the TV's backlight brightness from Off, Low, or High. This also enhances the television's black level.
Sound Mode: The Sony LCD TV allows you to select from the following Sound Modes.
- Standard: standard sound optimized for home use
- Clear Voice: enhances the voice sound, recommended fro television news and documentary programs
- Custom: allows you to customize Treble and Bass sound settings
Favorite Channel: This feature allows you to store and quickly access 8 of your favorite channels.
Channel Label: This function allows you assign labels to channel numbers. You can create up to a 7 character label.
Input Label: Each of the seven video inputs can be labeled with names (VCR, DVD, Satellite, etc.) instead of video 1, video 2, video 3, etc. You can select from the following labels: DVD, VCR, Blu-Ray, Cable Box, Satellite, DVR, Game, Camcorder or Skip (this input is skipped when you press the TV/Video button on the remote control).
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Lock: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Y. Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. You can select controls based on USA ratings or Canadian ratings. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password.
Channel/External Input Block: This feature allows you to block channels or the television's external inputs regardless of program ratings.
Remote: The television comes supplied with an IR-wireless remote control designed to operate only the functions of the TV.
Removable Stand: The display comes with a tabletop stand which comes already attached to the TV. The stand allows the TV to be tilted up or down 5-degrees. The TV weighs 17.2 lbs with the stand attached. Sony recommends anchoring the television to a wall with optional hardware to prevent the television from tipping over.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The TV can be wall-mounted using an optional universal wall-mount bracket once the television's stand and handle are removed. The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 100mm and a vertical spacing is 100mm. The screw holes accept 4mm screws. These threaded inserts are located behind the television's removable handle. The TV weighs 15.2 lbs without the stand and handle.
Integrated Handle: The television's integrated handle allows the TV to moved and carried easily to different locations in your home or office. The integrated handle must be removed to wall-mount the television.
HDMI: The KDL-19M4000 features a single HDMI input with left and right RCA audio jacks. The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminals provide an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. With an HDMI-to-DVI cable, you can connect the TV to a DVI-equipped A/V component. When connecting to a DVI-equipped component, the RCA audio inputs are used. The HDMI input will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. You can also connect a PC with an HDMI output.
Component Video Inputs: The single component video input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
PC Input (RGB): A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal.
Side Panel AV Inputs: For convenience, there is an A/V input on the left side panel of the TV. Included are stereo RCA inputs and a composite and S-video input.
Headphone Jack: Along with the A/V input on the left side of the TV, there is a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack. When headphones are plugged into the TV, the speakers are muted.
Audio Outputs: These stereo RCA audio jacks allow you to listen to the TV's audio through your stereo system.
Digital Audio Output: This optical digital audio output feeds a digital audio signal from a tuned digital channel to a component compatible with Dolby Digital and/or PCM signals.
USB Port: There is a USB port on the rear-panel of the television labeled "Service Only".