About the Sony KDL-32BX300
The KDL-32BX300 has the two basic things that TV shoppers care about most: a sharp, clear picture, and rock-solid reliability. This Sony makes a great choice for a bedroom, dorm room, or even a kitchen counter. With two HDMI inputs, you can connect high-def sources like a Blu-ray player, and a satellite or cable TV receiver.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- BRAVIA Engine 2 digital video processing improves the look of non-HD sources
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- BRAVIA Sync simplifies control of compatible Sony components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 2 HDMI v1.3
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 16-3/4"W x 8-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 31-1/2"W x 19-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D (20-7/8"H x 8-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 23.8 lbs. with stand; 20.1 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KDL32BX300
What's in the box:
- 32" Widescreen LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Metal neck
- Plastic collar
- Wireless remote control (RM-YD035)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Four 5mm x 16mm machine screws (with a flat-washer and lock-washer installed on each screw)
- Three 4mm x 10mm machine screws (with a flat-washer and lock-washer installed on each screw)
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Table-top stand assembly instructions
- Wall-Mount Cation note
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Attention" note (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Safety and Regulatory Booklet (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- End User License Agreement
Sony KDL-32BX300 reviews
I paired the tv up with the Soney soundbar and have it connected to HD Direct TV tuner. Amazing sound and the picture looks as good as the 1080 52" Sony in the living room. Can't beet this set for the price. Thanks Crutchfield for the top notch on time delivery and service as always!
1 of 2 found this helpful
Don't have much to compare it to, but it has a great picture and good sound (which I understand is unusual for flat screen tv).
1 of 2 found this helpful
We have been very pleased with the Crutchfield delivery process and the new Sony Bravia TV. Nice clear picture, easy to use remote and menu set up. Works well with over air antenna in our home!
1 of 1 found this helpful
wonderful picture, easy setup, all around good value. Gripes: the cheesy "techno" sound it makes when powered on already sounds dated; need to use two clickers unless I'm willing to go to Comcast to reprogram their clicker- according to Crutchfield help desk.
2 of 3 found this helpful
Good as any TV for normal cable viewing (HDDVD, 720p). Picture looks the same as a viewing with a 1080p/i TV If this is the main thing you want from this TV buy it. The sound is weak, thats OK, I dont always want to rattle the walls. That's what my Altec Lansing amp & speakers are for. However: Blu-ray via HDMI: Noticeble difference vs 1080. 1080 p/i 32"tv (Visio V320) & this 720 Sony TV. I am not one of those that ssay, I paid for XX" of TV, I want too see XX" of TV. I cant get this TV to keep the setting for changing picture according to what aspect/resolution is broadcasted. PC monitor capabilty not hispeed: VGA in limited to 1280 x 760, HDMI1366 X 768 (Video out from a HD 5770 card, Vista 32, 4 core CPU) Again the 1080 at least is closer to making the GPU warm up to 10 degrees C above ambient temp. Not recomended for PC use, but can be a back up monitor if needed.
8 of 10 found this helpful
Received the set in good order and had no trouble setting it up. Had my Cable guy hook it up since I have surround sound. I'm very please with the picture. This is my third Sony and I've had good luck with them. Your rep recommended this one and he was right on.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Very pleased with this TV for the money. The only reason I did not give it 5 is because of the sound. The sound has to be turned way up to be able to hear it well. Again, for the money, it is well worth it and would not hesitate to buy another Sony.
3 of 4 found this helpful
The Picture is amazing. Looking for a 32'' Bedroom TV this is the one!!
4 of 5 found this helpful
I just purchased this t.v. the other day and Im very pleased with it. If you want to get the full effect of this t.v. you must have an HD hook up. The colors are eye popping and jump right out of the screen. I've been watching movie after movie and cant get my jaw off the floor, the detail is mind blowing.
8 of 8 found this helpful
The remote is rather large but other than that, so far so good. Great picture for a great price.
4 of 5 found this helpful
I give this TV 3 stars not becos it's bad, but becos it's average -- among the leading brands (Samsung, Pansonic, etc). The picture is as good as or better than the other low end LCD TVs. The colors did look slightly washed out compared to other brands on the showroom floor, but out of the box the colors were nicely saturated and needed no adjustment. Sony has a nice menu and the set is user friendly. If you're coming from the old style tube TV, you should know that a low end LCD TV's picture will not be, in my opinion, as good if you're not watching HD, and there will be some motion artifact. More expensive and new technology will no doubt change this. The sound from the set was surprisingly good considering the speakers have to be quite a bit smaller than a comparably sized tube set. I would not hesitate to purchase Sony again, either at this price point or for a more expensive set.
25 of 28 found this helpful
More details on the Sony KDL-32BX300
Features & specs
Bravia Engine 2 Fully Digital Video Processor: The Bravia Engine 2 fully digital video processor uses a collection of unique Sony technologies to significantly reduce noise, enhance overall image detail, and optimize contrast so every scene produces sharp, vibrant, life-like images and color.
NTSC/ATSC/QAM Tuners: The TV is equipped with an analog NTSC tuner, a digital ATSC/8VSB tuner, and a digital QAM tuner for receiving unscrambled digital cable channels. It is not CableCARD compatible. You do not need to connect an external HDTV set-top box in order to receive High-Definition programming.
Native Resolution: The KDL-32BX300 has a HD native resolution of 1366 x 768 (720p). The TV's two HDMI inputs can accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p signals, and the three component video inputs can accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p signals. All video signals from standard definition and high definition are displayed at 1366 x 768.
Video Inputs: The Sony KDL-32BX300 is equipped with HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- 2 HDMI Inputs: The KDL-32BX300 features two rear-panel HDMI inputs. The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminals provide an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. The HDMI input will accept 1080/24p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The rear HDMI 1 input shares a 3.5mm audio jack with the television's PC input. With an HDMI-to-DVI cable, you can connect the TV to a DVI-equipped A/V component. When connecting to a DVI-equipped component, the 3.5mm audio input is used and separate minijack audio cable must be connected.
- 2 Component Video Inputs: The two rear-panel component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. If needed, Component Video 1 can be used as a composite video input (480i only) instead.
24pTrue Cinema (24p Input Capability): Many movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and prime time TV programs are video taped at 24p. Seizing on an opportunity, some studios are taking a purist approach and encoding high definition video content such as Blu-ray Disc in 24p. Sony wisely takes advantage of this by including 24p input capability via HDMI on this television producing images that are smooth and natural looking.
Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE): The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes. The ACE can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Screen Modes: You can choose from the following Screen Modes:
- 4:3 Default:
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the center portion of the 4:3 picture proportionately, while the left and right edges of the screen are stretched to fill the screen
- Normal: Displays the 4:3 picture in its original size with black bars at the left and right sides to fill the screen (available for 480i or 480p sources)
- Full: Stretches the entire 4:3 picture horizontally only to fill the screen
- Zoom: Enlarges the entire 4:3 picture proportionately to fill the screen (useful for watching Letterbox movies)
- 16:9 Wide Mode:
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the picture to fill the screen with minimal distortion
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture in its original aspect ratio when the original source is 4:3 (available for 480i or 480p sources)
- Full: Displays the picture at its original size
- Zoom: Enlarges the picture proportionately, both vertically and horizontally
- Auto Wide: Automatically changes screen settings base upon incoming video signal and content.
Screen Positions: The Sony LCD TV offers the following screen position adjustments in Zoom and Wide Zoom screen modes.
- Vertical Center: Allows you to move the position of the picture up and down.
- Horizontal Center: Allows you to move the position of the picture left and right.
Picture Mode: You can select one of the following picture modes:
- Vivid: Enhances picture contrast and sharpness.
- Standard: Displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments.
- Custom: Allows you to store your preferred settings for Backlight, Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, Color Temperature, Sharpness, Noise Reduction.
MPEG Noise Reduction: This feature reduces the picture noise in MPEG-compressed videos. This is effective when viewing a DVD or digital broadcast. You can set the level of noise reduction to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Advanced Video Settings: In addition to the Picture mode, the Advanced Video Settings menu also features the following:
- Gamma: Adjusts the balance between bright and dark areas of the picture.
- Clear White: Emphasizes white and light colors. It can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Live Color: Makes colors more vivid and reproduces clear skin tones. It can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature color by color.
- Black Corrector: Enhances black areas of the picture for stronger contrast. The Black Corrector can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
CineMotion: This function provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content.
Picture Adjustment Lock: This function prevents the television's Picture Settings from being changed.
Sound Mode: You can customize the bass and treble or use one of the three preset sound modes:
- Dynamic: Enhances both treble and bass.
- Standard: Suitable for spoken dialogue.
- Clear Voice: Suitable for spoken dialogue.
- Custom: Allows you to customize sound settings (Bass, Treble and Balance).
Steady Sound: Steady Sound equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
Volume Offset: Adjusts the volume level of the current input (TV or video input) relative to other inputs.
Audio Outputs: The Sony KDL-32BX300 is equipped with analog and digital audio outputs.
- Analog Audio Outputs (Fixed): These stereo RCA audio jacks on the rear-panel of the television allow you to listen to the TV's audio through your stereo system.
- Digital Audio Output: The rear-panel Optical digital output connects to the optical digital input of your digital audio equipment which is PCM/Dolby Digital compatible.
PC Input (RGB): A side-panel 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal.
PC Compatible: The television can be used as a monitor for your PC through the TV's RGB HD-15 input or HDMI input. The TV supports the following PC resolutions - VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600), XGA (1024 x 768), and WXGA (1280 x 768 or 1360 x 768).
PC Settings: When a PC is connected to the TV and the PC input is selected, the PC settings screen is available.
- Wide Mode: Select from Normal (original), Full 1 (enlarge picture keep original aspect ratio), or Full 2 (enlarge picture to fill display area).
- Sharpness: Phase (fine tunes overall sharpness), Pitch (adjusts uneven sharpness)
- Position: Horizontal Center (moves the position of picture left/right), Vertical Center (moves position of picture up/down)
- Auto Adjustment: Automatically adjusts the display position and phase of the picture when the TV receives an input signal from the connected PC.
Scene Mode: You can access the following scene modes from the remote control to optimize both picture and sound quality.
- Cinema: Delivers picture scenes and sound just like those in a theater.
- Sports: Presents realistic pictures and sound just like those in a stadium.
- Photo: Reproduces the texture and color of a printed photo.
- Music: Lets you experience dynamic and clear sound just like a concert.
- Game: Broadens your game-playing experience with superb picture and sound quality.
- Graphics: Eases prolonged monitor viewing with clearer detailed pictures.
- General: No optimized picture or sound according to the input source.
- Auto: Automatically optimizes picture and sound quality according to the input source.
Favorite Menu: The Favorites Menu function makes it easy to quickly access your favorite channels and video inputs (up to channels and/or external inputs).
Input/Channel Label: This feature allows you to assign labels to the television's inputs and your favorite channels. You can create station call letters (up to nine characters) to the channel numbers. You can assign the following labels for each input (except PC and Cable/Antenna inputs): Cable, Receiver, Satellite, VCR, DVD/BD, DVR, Audio System, Home Theater, Game, Camcorder, Digital Camera, PC, and Skip. Or you can also select a custom nine character label for each of these inputs.
Caption Vision/Info Banner: This feature allows Closed Caption and/or channel programming information to be displayed on the TV screen. You can choose from CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, Text1, Text2, Text3 and Text4. Digital Channel's Closed Caption text can be customized.
ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified: This Sony HDTV exceeds ENERGY STAR 3.0 requirements by incorporating advanced power saving features such as LightSensor Technology, an Ambient Sensor, an Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following PC Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. This also enhances the black level of the television. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for a certain period of time.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password.
Input/Channel Block: This feature allows you to block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
Wireless Remote Control: The TV comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-YD035). The remote is designed for TV operation only, unless used with Bravia Sync AV components connected by HDMI.
BRAVIA Sync: This TV is equipped with BRAVIA Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. The television offers the following BRAVIA Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player: When you connect a compatible Sony BRAVIA Sync BD/DVD player via HDMI to the television, the included remote will automatically turn on the TV and BD/DVD player, switch the television to the appropriate input, and begin playback of the BD/DVD disc player. The remote will also automatically turn off the connected BD/DVD player when you switch the TV to standby mode.
- AV Amplifier: When you connect a compatible Sony BRAVIA Sync AV amplifier to the television via HDMI, the supplied remote will automatically turn on the TV and the connected AV amplifier, as well as switch the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system. You can also adjust the volume of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control. The remote will automatically turn the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV standby mode.
- Video Camera: When you connect a compatible Sony BRAVIA Sync Handycam to the television via HDMI, the TV will automatically turn-on and switch the input to the connected video camera once the connected video camera is turned-on. The connected video camera will automatically turn off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
Tabletop Stand: The display comes supplied with a tabletop pedestal stand which must be attached using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 23.8 lbs with the stand attached.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The stand can be removed, allowing you to wall-mount the TV using an optional wall-mount bracket. The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 7-7/8" (200mm) and a vertical spacing of 7-7/8" (200mm). The screw holes all accept M6 (6mm) screws. The TV weighs 20.1 lbs without the stand.