About the Sony KDL-40W600B
A razor-sharp Sony picture
A razor-sharp Sony picture
Sony's 40" KDL-40W600B serves up crystal-clear 1080p high-def images that are brimming with detail. Thanks to this model's LED backlighting, you'll enjoy natural, lifelike colors with rich contrast — and LED's energy efficiency doesn't hurt, either. Expect everything you watch to look its very best, from Blu-ray movies to YouTube™ clips.
Watching more on the web
As the web becomes more of a go-to source for day-to-day viewing, a TV's Internet smarts become increasingly important. The KDL-40W600B includes built-in apps for accessing the Sony Entertainment Network, home to thousands of movies, shows, games and more. You can also stream movies instantly from Netflix® or listen to Pandora® Internet radio through the TV. Built-in Wi-Fi® lets you enjoy entertainment pulled from the web or a PC on your home network without connecting an Ethernet cable.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 40" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, black bezel and cabinet, brushed metal stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- LED edge backlight with frame dimming for high picture contrast
- 60Hz refresh rate
- X-Reality PRO video processing for optimized picture quality from any video source
- Internet-ready Smart TV — has built-in apps for accessing the Sony Entertainment Network, Netflix®, and more (subscription/fees required for some online services)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Skype-ready (requires Sony microphone/camera, sold separately)
- screen mirroring send content wirelessly from device to TV with Miracast enabled smartphones and tablets
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- built-in stereo speakers (8 watts x 2)
- remote control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 21-11/16"W x 6-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (wall-mount brackets and hardware are included)
- 36-7/16"W x 21-7/8"H x 4-1/16"D (22-15/16"H x 6-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 17.5 lbs. with stand; 16.3 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KDL-40W600B
What's in the box:
- 40" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal stand
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 21" AC power cord
- Remote control (RM-YD103)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Wall-mount adapters
- 2 Wall-mount spacers
- Three M6 x 16mm screws (lock-/flat-washers)
- Two M5 x 20mm screws (lock-/flat-washers)
- Plastic strap
- 3 Wire-ties
- Operating Instructions
- Stand assembly instructions
- Wall-mount template
- Safety/Regulatory Booklet
- "Attention" note
- End User License Agreement
- US Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Child Safety Booklet
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Sony KDL-40W600B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony KDL-40W600B
Features & specs
Dynamic Edge LED Backlight w/ Frame Dimming Technology: Dynamic Edge LED backlighting with frame dimming delivers pitch-black night scenes and illuminates bright scenes so they pop with vibrant color; all in a slimmer, more attractive design. Rather than illuminating the entire screen, lighting is boosted in just the right areas for greater contrast and a more realistic picture.
X-Reality PRO Engine: Sony's X-Reality PRO Engine lets you enjoy a vivid, lifelike picture experience by analyzing each scene pixel-by-pixel so you see sharpened images, amazing contrast, and fine detail. Blu-ray Disc movies, cable TV, satellite TV, and even Web videos each place unique demands on the processing circuits of a TV. The X-Reality PRO Engine helps get the best results from these different video sources by analyzing texture, outline, contrast, and color reproduction. The X-Reality PRO Engine will then analyze each scene pixel-by-pixel across 3-dimensions (Width, Height, and Time) and uses sophisticated pattern matching to optimize the picture, ensuring you always get the best images possible.
MotionFlow XR 240: Sony's MotionFlow XR 240 technology combines 60 frames-per-second with an advanced backlight blinking system to simulate a 240 Hz effect. MotionFlow XR 240 provides smooth and precise detail during fast-action scenes for fast action movies and sports by reducing blur caused by quick camera movements, enhancing image sharpness, and overall creating a clearer picture.
Automatic Intelligence: The TV's built-in Light Sensor automatically adjusts the picture brightness based on the amount of light in the room. As a result, you can enjoy automatic customized picture brightness and save energy without lifting a finger. The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes.
1080p Resolution: The Sony KDL-W600B series television has a HD native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p). All video signals from standard definition and high definition sources are displayed at 1920 x 1080. The Sony KDL-W600B series TV is equipped with HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- 4 HDMI Inputs: The KDL-W600B series TV is fitted with four HDMI inputs to connect your high-definition sources; such as Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable receiver, game system, and AV receiver. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Component Video Input: The component video input will accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. If needed, the component video input can be used as a composite video (480i only) input instead.
- Composite Video: The composite video input will support 480i video signals only.
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
24pTrue Cinema (24p Input Capability): Many movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and prime time TV programs are video taped at 24p. Seizing on an opportunity, some studios are taking a purist approach and encoding high definition video content such as Blu-ray Disc in 24p. Sony wisely takes advantage of this by including 24p input capability via HDMI on this television producing images that are smooth and natural looking.
MHL Compatible: The HDMI 1 input is designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) standard. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 1 (MHL) input using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the Sony TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 1 input. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
Wide Mode: The Wide Mode feature allows you to select the screen display which fits the current video image and TV screen best. Based on the original signal source, you may see black bars around the picture or just on the both sides of the screen. Sometimes you will see the picture fill the full screen.
|Wide Mode||16:9 Original Source||4:3 Original Source|
|Wide Zoom||Enlarges the picture to fill the screen with minimal distortion.||Enlarges the center portion of the 4:3 picture proportionately, while the left and right edges of the screen are stretched to fill the screen.|
|Normal||Displays a 4:3 picture in its original aspect ratio when the original source is 4:3 (available for 480i or 480p sources).||Displays the 4:3 picture in its original size with black bars at the left and right sides to fill the screen (available for 480i or 480p sources).|
|Full||Displays the picture at its original size.||Stretches the entire 4:3 picture horizontally only to fill the screen.|
|Zoom||Enlarges the picture proportionately, both vertically and horizontally.||Enlarges the entire 4:3 picture proportionately to fill the screen (useful for watching Letterbox movies).|
|Auto Wide|| |
Automatically changes screen settings base upon incoming video signal and content.
Picture Adjustments: The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular A/V input or for all inputs. You can also lock the television's picture adjustments to prevent the TV's Picture Settings from being changed.
- Picture Mode: You can select one of the following picture
- Standard: Displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments.
- Cinema: 1 (suitable for a theater-like environment), 2 (for basic home use).
- Vivid: Enhances picture contrast and sharpness.
- Sports: Optimizes picture quality for viewing sports.
- Animation: Optimizes picture quality for viewing animations.
- Game: Standard (provides standard picture suitable for games), Original (adjust the game picture according to your preference).
- Graphics: Optimizes picture quality for viewing graphics.
- Photo: Standard (optimizes picture quality for viewing photographs), Original (enhances the visual warmth of photographs), Vivid (enhances contrast, sharpness, color of photographs), Custom: (adjustment of detailed settings for viewing photographs and storing your preferred settings).
- Custom: Backlight (adjust brightness of backlight), Picture (adjusts picture contrasts), Brightness (adjusts brightness of picture), Color (adjusts color intensity), Hue (adjusts green and red tones), Color Temperature (adjusts the whiteness of the picture), and Sharpness (adjusts sharpness of picture).
- Advanced Video Settings: In addition to the Picture
mode, the Advanced Video Settings menu also features the following.
- Auto Light Limiter: Reduces glare such as in scenes where the entire screen is white.
- LED Motion Mode: Reduces motion blur.
- Black Corrector: Enhances black areas of the picture for stronger contrast. The Black Corrector can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- Resolution: The Resolution function adjusts detail and clarity of the picture.
- Reality Creation Adjusts the detail and noise from a realistic picture.
- Edge & Detail Enhancer: Enhances the edges and details of the picture.
- Skin Naturalizer: Makes the texture of the skin smoother (available for USB and Media server content). It can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- Smooth Gradation: Creates smooth gradations on flat surfaces of the picture.
- Gamma: Adjusts the balance between bright and dark areas of the picture.
- Clear White: Emphasizes white and light colors. It can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Live Color: Makes colors more vivid and reproduces clear skin tones. It can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature color by color.
- Digital Noise Reduction: The LED-LCD TV provides
Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) to help eliminate noise and create a clear
- MPEG Noise Reduction: MPEG Noise Reduction enhances detail in whatever you're watching with meticulous processing. It even helps clean up video from DVD, digital broadcasts, USB and PC sources so the picture looks pristine and vivid.
- Dot Noise Reduction: Dot Noise Reduction reduces the dot noise level of video images. ff.
- Pro Picture Setup: The Pro Picture Setup menu allows
for Color Matrix and HDMI adjustments.
- Color Matrix: Reproduces the color-difference signals. It is recommended to leave this at the factory default setting.
- HDMI Dynamic Range: Produces natural color by changing the luminance tone reproduction of HDMI input color signals.
- Film & Sports Modes: The TV offers unique viewing modes
for enjoying movies and live sports events.
- CineMotion: This function provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content.
- Football Mode: You can obtain more realistic picture and audio, as though you are watching from the stands of the stadium.
Twin Picture (Firmware Update): The Sony LED-LCD TV offers Twin Picture functionality through PIP (picture in picture) & PAP (picture and picture); this feature requires a future firmware update.
- PIP (Picture in Picture): Picture-in-Picture displays an image from a connected PC (via HDMI) in full-screen and a TV program or external analog input in an inset window. You can swap audio between the main and sub window. You can also change the channel of the sub window. You cannot view another HDMI source in the inset window.
- PAP (Picture and Picture): This feature lets you watch two pictures simultaneously. You can view an image from the component video or HDMI inputs in the main window and a TV program or external analog input in the sub window. You can switch audio between the two images.
Note: The Twin Picture function will be available by November 2015 via a firmware update. You will receive Twin Picture function automatically as a network software upgrade. Make sure your TV is connected to the Internet. If you do not have a network connection, you will be able to download the software from the Sony support website using your PC.
ClearAudio+: Hear music, dialog, and surround effects with greater clarity and separation, whatever you're watching. ClearAudio+ fine tunes TV sound for an immersive, emotionally enriching experience through the following audio features; S-Force Front Surround, ClearPhase, Voice Zoom, & Sound Booster.
- S-Force Front Surround: An immersive listening experience with realistic clear, powerful 360 surround sound
- Voice Zoom: Clearer dialog and speech, even with distracting background noise.
- ClearPhase: Produces smoother and more balanced low, mid and high frequency.
- Sound Booster: Enhances both treble & bass in order to reproduce a more dynamic sound.
Sound Modes: The TV offers six preset sound modes - Standard, Music, Cinema, Game, Sports, and Compressed Audio. If the Sound Mode is set to Cinema, Sports, Music or Game, a surround sound technology developed by Sony reproduces a virtual surround sound field. The TV is also equipped with an adjustable 7-band EQ (100Hz, 200Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz) for further fine-tuning.
Volume Adjustment: The Sony TV employs Advanced Auto Volume & Volume Offset, so your sources are always playing at the correct volume level. The Advanced Auto Volume function keeps the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements; it can be set to Normal, Night, or Off. Volume Offset lets you adjust the volume level of the current input relative to other inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB input can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI IN 2 port. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Audio Outputs: The Sony HDTV offers analog and digital audio outputs.
- Headphone/Analog Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog output can be used to connect a set of headphones or as an audio output to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs. You can set the TV's analog output to Fixed or Variable. You can set the TV to automatically mute the built-in speakers when a set of headphones are connected.
- Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an optical audio input. The TV's optical digital terminal will output audio from the television's antenna, HDMI, and RCA inputs. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA.
Optional Wireless Sub: You can use Sony's optional wireless subwoofer (SWF-BR100, sold separately) to extend the bass response of the TV's sound. Simply connect the wireless transceiver supplied with the SWF-BR100 wireless subwoofer to the TV's analog audio output and USB port.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony KDL-W600B series LED-LCD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection your can enjoy music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer. You can also listen to internet radio and watch online movies, via the Bravia Entertainment Network.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Sony KDL-W600B series LED-LCD TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
- WiFi (wireless LAN): The Sony TV offers built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
WiFi Direct + MiraCast: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Sony TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported. Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the Sony TV. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device on your TV screen; no wireless router or access point required.
Sony Entertainment Network: Once the Sony LED-LCD TV has been connected to your home network (via Ethernet or WiFi), you can have your favorite internet content delivered to the television via Bravia Internet Video, the Opera TV Store, or the built-in web browser. You can stream movies, videos, music, and more with Bravia Internet Video; while the built-in web-browser lets you search on-line content by URL. The Opera TV Store lets you download additional apps. You can even stay connected with social networking apps. Click here for a full list of Sony Entertainment Network content (over 200 streaming services).
- Bravia Internet Video: Bravia Internet Video serves as a gateway to online audio/video content, delivering a variety of on-demand entertainment straight to the Sony TV. Bravia Internet TV allows you to instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos, and music from a large selection of entertainment apps. You'll be able to enjoy some of the web's most popular online movie services; Video Unlimited, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Flixster, and more. You can also listen to select music services offered on the internet with this receiver. You'll be able to enjoy some of the web's most popular internet radio services; Music Unlimited, Pandora, Slacker, Berliner Philharmoniker, NPR, and more.
- Social Viewing: Social Viewing allows you to use your social network services (like Facebook & Twitter) while watching content on your TV. Enjoy chatting with your friends and check what others are saying about the show from on-screen comments. You can even enjoy free high-definition Skype-to-Skype video calls from the comfort of your living room through this Sony TV. Simply attach the Sony compact microphone/camera (sold separately) and see your friends on the big screen. Or, you can use your MHL-connected mobile phone as your camera.
- Opera TV Store: The Opera TV Store provides a collection of additional downloadable web apps that are optimized for TV viewing. These apps range from videos, games, weather, news, world clocks, and social networks.
- Opera Internet Browser: The built-in Opera Internet Browser allows you to access select web content through the Sony LED-LCD TV. Using the Opera Internet Browser, you gain access to Sony.com and Gracenote Music Services. The built-in internet browser also allows you to enter URLs and do basic keyword searches, so you can browse other select websites (text-based only). The Opera Internet Browser is not a full search engine for the Internet and Web. For Internet audio/video/photo content, use Sony's Bravia Internet Video service. Some web-pages maybe too large for download.
Note: Bravia Entertainment Network content requires a home network with a connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD content). Video quality and picture size vary and are dependent upon broadband speed and delivery by content provider. Online content may require additional fees and/or PC registration. Available online content may change without notice.
Media Streaming: The Sony LED-LCD TV allows you to stream a variety of audio, video, and photo content from USB (MSC) and Network (DLNA) devices. Compatible media formats include MP3/WMA/WAV music files, MPEG/MP4/AVCHD/AVI/MKV/MOV video files, JPEG/MPO/RAW photo files.
- DLNA Certified: DLNA certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as photo , music, and video files stored on your Windows 7/8 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server/Android device) on the Sony HDTV. The TV can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or Wi-Fi connection (via built-in WiFi). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
- Dual USB Ports: The Sony LED-LCD TV features dual USB (type-A) ports for sharing your photos or videos, and listening to music from your connected digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or other USB storage device. You USB-connected device must USB mass storage class compliant and be formatted in FAT 16/32.
Automatic Software Updates: Automatic software updates are done through the TV's Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. The TV's software updates when the television is in standby mode. The tested TV contained software version PKG2.066AAA (as of 4/16/2014). Visit the Sony eSupport site for the latest software updates.
Home Menu: The Home Menu can be displayed by pressing the HOME button on the remote control. Various categories are displayed at the top of the Home Menu. You can pick a category and play back content by selecting a thumbnail from that category.
- Channel: You can view thumbnails of live and future broadcasts and recorded content.
- Movies: You can watch movies from online movie service providers, connected USB devices, or your home network.
- Photos: You can view photos from online service providers, connected USB devices, or your home network.
- Music: You can play back music content from online music service providers, connected USB devices, or your home network.
- Apps: You can launch a variety applications. Thumbnails of featured applications and your favorite applications are displayed. You can also choose to view all applications.
Content Search: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Program Guide: You can quickly find your preferred programs and the detailed program information. The current program information and weekly program guides for the next eight days are provided.
- Content Information Search: This feature searches for information about the TV program you are watching, or the currently playing music title/artist name on your TV, from an Internet database.
- Related Search: When the TV is connected to the Internet, you can search for related content while watching various content on the TV.
- Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows, movies, and music. Simply enter in the track title, album name, or movie title.
Scene Select: You can access the following Scene Select modes from the remote control to optimize both picture and sound quality.
- Auto: Automatically optimizes picture and sound quality according to the input source.
- General: Optimizes picture and sound quality for general content.
- Cinema: Delivers picture scenes and sound just like those in a theater.
- Sports: Presents realistic pictures and sound just like those in a stadium.
- Animation: Lets you enjoy watching an animation with superb picture and sound quality.
- Photo: Reproduces the texture and color of a printed photo.
- Music: Lets you experience dynamic and clear sound just like a concert.
- Game: Broadens your game-playing experience with superb picture and sound quality.
- Graphics: Eases prolonged monitor viewing with clearer detailed pictures.
Closed Captions + Input/Channel Label: The Sony televisions provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. You can assign an icon or name to an external input and connected equipment, as well as edit analog channel labels to your preference.
ENERGY STAR Certified: This Sony LED-LCD TV exceeds ENERGY STAR requirements by incorporating advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor Technology, Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for approximately 15 minutes.
Timers: The Sony LED-LCD TV offers a TV timer and Sleep timer. The TV Timer turns on the television from the standby mode at a time you set, and tunes to a channel or input of your preference. The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. You can also block specific channels. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password. You can also block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
i-Manual: The Sony TV comes with a Quick Setup Guide booklet. The TV's full owner's manual can be accessed on the TV using the remote's i-Manual button.
Wireless Remote Control: The TV comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the television. The remote can also be used to operate HDMI-CEC and Bravia Sync components that are connected to the TV via HDMI. The remote offers a dedicated Netflix button to instantly access your Netflix account on the Sony TV.
Bravia Sync: This TV is equipped with Bravia Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. Bravia Sync helps you connect compatible Sony Bravia HDMI equipment, such as a BD player or AV amplifier, to the TV and control the external equipment using the television's remote control. With the "Control for HDMI" function, Bravia Sync helps to communicate with Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Bravia Sync-compatible equipment is listed as a new input source in the television's menu. The television offers the following Bravia Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player: Automatically turns the BRAVIA Sync-compatible device on and switches the input to that device when you select it from the Home Menu or Sync Menu. Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected device when the device starts to play
- AV Amplifier: Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on; this function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound. Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on. Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control.
- Video Camera: Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected video camera when the connected video camera is turned on. Automatically turns the connected video camera off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Controls menu operation, playback, and channel selection of the connected video camera through the TV's remote
Note: Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) is only available for the connected Sony equipment that has the Bravia Sync logo.
TV SideView Remote App: With the free Sony TV SideView App, you can control the Sony KDL-W600B series TV and browse its content from your Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad (5.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (2.2+). Simply download the this app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store onto your compatible device. The TV SideView App will allow your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to act as a remote control and software keyboard for the Sony LED-LCD TV. You'll be able to search what's available to watch on broadcast stations and video on-demand apps. You can even pull up the TV's channel guide on your smartphone or tablet without interfering with the what you're watching on the TV. You also get to learn more about the show you're watching right now, like cast and episode details. In addition, you can tweet about what you're watching from your mobile device or see what fellow fans are tweeting about in real time. You'll also be able to stream your videos, pictures, and music stored on your Apple iOS/Android device to the TV.
Keyboard/Mouse Compatible: You can connect a USB--enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) to the television for easier web browsing. You can move the cursor with the mouse and enter text with the USB keyboard. Not all web-based apps support keyboard/mouse control.
Pedestal Stand: The Sony television comes supplied with a tabletop pedestal stand which must be attached using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 17.5 lbs with the stand attached. This TV does not swivel.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 11.875" above the television for adequate ventilation.
Wall Mount Brackets: The television can be wall mounted using the included wall-mount brackets and hardware. There are two wall-mount brackets which attach to the wood-studs of your wall; the wall-mount brackets are positioned 8.6875" (220mm) apart from one another (mounting template included; mounting screws sold separately). In addition there are two wall-mount adapters and two wall-mount spacers which attach to the back of the TV using the supplied machine screws. Once the two wall-mount brackets are secured on the wall and the wall-mount adapters/spacers are fixed to the back of the TV, you can hang the TV on the two wall-mount brackets. The two wall-mount adapters on back of the TV simply slide and clip into the wall-mount brackets on the wall; the spacers on back of the TV rest against the wall to keep the TV level. The wall-mount brackets sit the TV approximately 2.125" away from the wall (no tilting or swiveling). The TV weighs 16.3 lbs without the stand.
Note: Due to the design of the TV's rear-panel, Crutchfield does not recommend using a 3rd party wall-mount bracket.
External AC Power Adapter: The television comes with an external AC power adapter and cord. The AC power adapter plugs into the back of the TV and sits out approximately 0.5625" from the back of the TV. The power cord is terminated by a straight two-prong AC plug which sits approximately 1.375" from the wall.
9 questions already asked