About the Sony XBR-43X800H
Vibrant, lifelike picture quality
Vibrant, lifelike picture quality
The X800H series is one of Sony's most affordable TV lines, but there's still a lot here to feast your eyes upon. With high-powered image processing, the 43" XBR-43X800H delivers clearer, more vibrant 4K images than most value-priced TVs can produce.
An impressive HDR experience
This TV supports the HDR10 format, which is a requirement for Ultra HD Blu-ray movies and streamed 4K content. And new for 2020, Sony has equipped the X800H Series to also handle the more sophisticated Dolby Vision® format. This dynamic system adjusts brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis for rich detail and color.
You also get Sony's 4K HDR Processor X1™ which analyzes the color in individual objects and adjusts the contrast accordingly. When objects are remastered individually, you get greater depth, rich texture, and a more realistic picture.
A wider range of more precise colors
See natural color and real-world detail in all your content with Sony's XBR-43X800H.
I have a comparable Sony 4K TV from a few years ago, and it has Sony's unique TRILUMINOS display technology. This system accurately reproduces a very wide palette of colors. Most anything we watch on it looks great, but fresh, bright uniforms on the green of a soccer pitch or baseball field especially stand out.
But I'm excited to see the improvements offered by the updated processor in the X800H series, especially the Super Bit Mapping feature. This processing breaks up the solid bands of color to create a smoother gradation between shades. That means this new model will be less likely to suffer from the color banding I sometimes see on my older TV, during sunset scenes, for example.
Blazing fast and binge-worthy
Waiting for streaming apps to load can be a drag. So it's good news that Netflix® starts three times faster on the XBR-43X800H than it does on my TV from 2016. And switching between apps is faster, too.
And speaking of apps — the Android TV™ platform has ‘em all. Okay, it has about 5,000, which is more than any other Smart TV platform. Netflix has a dedicated button on the remote, but the rest can be easily accessed from the App button.
More smart features
I regularly use Chromecast built-in to cast shows from the HBO app on my phone to my TV. But I'm excited to see that a future firmware update for the X800H Series will add Apple AirPlay® 2 and HomeKit compatibility, which was previously only available on the higher-end models. That will make it easy to stream audio and video, or just mirror the screen from your Mac®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
Built-in Google Assistant — activated with the mic button on the remote — lets you adjust the volume, change channels or inputs, and control other basic TV functions with your voice. That handy button can also help you do all the normal Google Assistant stuff like set timers, provide a weather forecast, and control connected smart home devices. Already have an Amazon Alexa device that you love? This TV is also compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control assistants.
- 42.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Motionflow™ XR 240 (60Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- TRILUMINOS™ Display technology for a wider color range
- edge-lit LED backlight with frame dimming provides good picture contrast and black levels
- X1™ 4K HDR Processor
- 4K X-Reality™ PRO combines noise reduction and upscaling for the cleanest picture with all video sources
- Object-based HDR Remaster improves color and contrast for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content
- Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR reduces banding for a smoother, more natural picture
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- built-in tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- Android TV with Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android™ or iOS® device, or laptop
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac (via future firmware update)
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 4 HDMI 2.0b inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view the highest-quality 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- supports ARC
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
General Features & Info:
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
- dimensions: 38-1/4"W x 24-7/8"H x 11-3/8"D with stand; 38-1/4"W x 22-1/2"H x 2-1/4"D without stand
- weight: 21.6 lbs. with stand; 20.7 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 21-1/2"W x 11-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 100mm x 200mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XBR43X800H
What's in the box:
- 43" LED-LCD TV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 22" AC power cord
- Remote control (RMF-TX500U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Cable clamps
- Four M4x10mm screws (lock and flat washers attached)
- Setup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Safety and Regulatory Booklet
- End User License Agreement
- Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" note
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Sony XBR-43X800H reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XBR-43X800H
Features & specs
Network & USB Functions
Remote, Voice, & App Control
Ultra 4K Resolution: For the ultimate in picture quality, this TV pairs the brilliance of 4K clarity with the brightness, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR). With 4K UHD, you'll see more on TV than ever before with over 8 million individual pixels (3840 x 2160) compared to about 2 million (1920 x 1080) on a1080p HDTV. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is the most lifelike picture TVs have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, regardless of resolution, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. Movies and TV shows in HDR are closer to the original recording and the director's vision with more brightness, contrast and color, for a truly lifelike viewing experience.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended.
Note: Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view HDR content.
4K HDR Processor X1: The Sony UHD TV is exclusively powered by Sony's proprietary 4K HDR processor X1 for rich 4K images with real world detail and texture. The 4K Processor X1 utilizes advanced algorithms and incorporates innovative technologies to produce pictures that are sharp, clear, and incredibly lifelike. You'll see pure colors at higher brightness levels for exceptionally realistic pictures.
- Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR: Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR creates a smoother, more natural picture by minimizing its color banding. With 14-bit powerful signal processing, it breaks up the solid bands of color of an 8-bit or 10-bit source, up-converting to 14-bit equivalent gradation, with 64x more color levels. It delivers graceful reproduction of faces, sunsets, and other areas of subtle color. It creates smooth, natural 4K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
- Object-Based HDR ReMaster: With Object-based HDR ReMaster, the color in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted; unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are reMastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures, and more realistic pictures. By analyzing the objects in each scene individually, Object-based HDR ReMaster optimizes and enhances color and contrast. It brings everything you watch closer to the quality of HDR. Dark elements get darker, bright elements brighter, and everything in between is more accurately lit, for realism in every scene never-before-possible on our TVs. You'll see contours on mountains, hidden textures on flowers, depth in clouds, and wildlife has the contrast and color of nature, for a more natural and realistic picture on screen.
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancer: The Dynamic Contrast Enhancer optimizes the range of brightness frame-by-frame according to what's happening on screen to reproduce deeper blacks, brighter whites, and more video color.
4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler w/ Dual Database Processing: Sony's 4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler w/ Dual Database Processing enhances Ultra-HD, HD, and SD images by analyzing and refining images with beautifully natural detail and clarity. One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years. With 4K X-Reality PRO and Dual Database Processing, every image is upscaled closer to true 4K quality for remarkable clarity. This 4K television upscales your favorite TV shows, DVD and Blu-ray movies, even video-on-demand content, and smartphone videos to Ultra-HD.
- Noise Reduction Database: Compressed noise is identified by the database, which includes "before and after" data on what a picture should look like and removes the compressed picture noise.
- Upscaling Database: The upscaling database also includes "before and after" data, which is used to upscale the signal and create a more realistic picture.
Color Enhancement: The Sony UHD TV utilizes proprietary color enhancement technologies to produce vivid, lifelike color.
- TRILUMINOS Display: Unique to Sony, a TRILUMINOS Display with its specially developed backlight selectively maps colors across a wider gamut, ensuring subtle colors do not become oversaturated and unnatural. You'll enjoy vivid, authentic images that evoke the emotion in every scene. TRILUMINOS Display uses a wider color spectrum than a conventional flat-panel TV display. A TRILUMINOS Display excels at reproducing reds, greens, and blues; colors that are notoriously difficult for TVs to display accurately. It also displays skin tones beautifully, thanks to its extensive color palette and precise gradation.
- Live Color Technology: Powered by an image processor using an algorithm specially developed by Sony, Live Color is able to reproduce incredibly vivid colors on screen. With four user-adjustable settings available (High/Medium/Low/Off), you can choose just how vivid you want your images to be. Whether it's a brilliant blue sky or a bright red rose, everything stands out so much more with Live Color.
MotionFlow XR 240 Technology: Enjoy smooth and sharp details even in fast-moving sequences with Motionflow XR 240. Sony's MotionFlow XR 240 technology features a backlight control that is synchronized with the liquid crystal movement from frame-to-frame creating clearer, sharper moving images. MotionFlow XR 240 combines 60 frames-per-second with the TV's LED backlight system to simulate a 240 Hz effect. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones and then compares key visual factors on successive frames, then calculates the split second of missing action in the sequences. MotionFlow XR 240 provides smooth detail during fast-action scenes for fast action movies and sports by reducing blur caused by quick camera movements, enhancing image sharpness, and overall creating a clearer picture.
Video Inputs: The Sony Ultra-HD TV is equipped with four HDMI 2.0b inputs and one 3.5mm AV input, as well a a RF-coaxial input for its built-in HDTV tuner.
- HDMI 2.0b: The Ultra-HD TV is fitted with four HDMI
2.0b inputs to connect your Ultra-HD/HDR and HD sources; such as Ultra
Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Satellite/Cable and Playstation. In addition, any HDMI
input can be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI inputs will accept 4096x2160p (60Hz), 4096x2160p (24Hz), 3840x2160p (60Hz), 3840x2160p (24/30Hz), 1080p (30/60Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (60Hz), 720p (30/60Hz), 720/24p, and 480p.
- HDCP 2.3: HDCP 2.3 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (30/60fps). 4:2:2 (30/60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by all HDMI inputs. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- 3.5mm AV Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, there is also a 3.5mm AV input for connection of an analog audio/video component. This connection supports 480i video signals only. There are no standard composite or component video inputs
- RF-Coaxial Input: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and QAM tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Adjustments: The TV offers a variety of screen, picture, and video adjustments to maximize image quality.
- Screen Modes: The Screen Modes feature allows you to select the screen display which fits the current video image and TV screen best. Choose from Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom, or Auto Wide. Based on the original signal source, you may see black bars around the picture or just on the both sides of the screen. Sometimes you will see the picture fill the full screen.
- Picture Modes:You can select one of the following picture modes - Standard, Vivid, Cinema, Dolby Vision (Bright/Dark), or Custom.
- Advanced Video Settings: The Advanced Video Settings menu offers further adjustment of the TV's video image in Custom mode.
- Brightness: You can increase or decrease the brightness of an image by adjusting the TV's Brightness (luminance level), Contrast (white level), Gamma (light & dark balance), Black Level, and Black Adjust (stronger contrast).
- Color: You can tailor the color of an image by adjusting the TV's Color (saturation level), Hue (green & red tones), Color Temperature (white balance), or Color Space (color reproduction range).
- Clarity: You can improve the clarity of an image by adjusting the TV's Sharpness (picture detail), Reality Creation (increases clarity), and Noise reduction (removes random & digital noise).
- Motion: Activate Sony's Motionflow technology to reduce motion blur and judder. CineMotion provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content, like Blu-ray & DVD.
Light Sensor & Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE): The TV's built-in Light Sensor automatically adjusts the picture brightness based on the amount of light in the room. As a result, you can enjoy automatic customized picture brightness and save energy without lifting a finger. The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): The PIP (Picture-in-Picture) function lets you watch the TV's over-the-air tuner or an HDMI source input in a small window on-screen, while viewing an Android TV app (like Netflix or Amazon).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Android TV apps can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch/5.1ch PCM. Dolby Atmos is also supported via Dolby Digital Plus. All listed formats are only supported up to 5.1ch.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 3 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Audio Outputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Sony Ultra-HD TV offers 3.5mm analog and optical digital audio outputs.
- Digital Audio (Dolby Digital/DTS): The optical digital output terminal will output 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via RCA.
- Headphone/Analog Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog output can be used to connect a set of headphones or as an audio output to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
Note: You cannot output sound from both the analog or digital audio outputs and and the TV speakers at the same time.
Other Audio Settings: The Sony UHD TV also features several audio settings to help tailor the sound to your preference, application, and source. These settings can be applied by source input or globally.
- Surround: The TV's stereo speakers can simulate virtual surround sound from 5.1ch content.
- Equalizer: The TV is also equipped with a 7-band EQ (125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz). You can adjust the level of each band between -12 to +12 dB.
- Dialog Enhancer: The Dialog enhancers makes makes voices clearer by lowering background sound.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume function keeps the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements.
- Volume Level: You can adjust the volume level of the current input relative to other inputs.
TV Position: The speakers of this TV provide different sound images according to how you position the television. You can select between "Table-Top Stand" or "Wall Mount" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony Ultra-HD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection you gain access to Android TV and Google Play, as well as content stored on your network computer. You also get the ability to stream content from your Android or Apple iOS mobile device to the TV. In addition, the TV supports WiFi Direct for wireless connectivity between WiFi enabled devices without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The Sony TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer. A back cover has to be removed to access the Ethernet port.
- Built-in WiFi: The Sony TV offers built-in WiFi (802.11ac; 2.4/5GHz) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n or better recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Sony TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Sony recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
Android TV w/ Google Play: The Sony Ultra-HD TV is equipped with Android's PIE (9.0) operating system and incorporates Android TV with access to a wide variety of apps from Google Play which have been optimized for playback on the big screen. Android TV gives you access to over 5,000 movie, music, sports, and other entertainment apps (subscription, rental, or purchase fees may apply). Click here to discover the full collection of Android TV Apps from Google Play. Not all Google Play apps will be Android TV compatible. More applications and streaming services will be available in the future. Popular apps include -
- Movies & TV Shows: The Sony 4K Ultra-HD TV supports the new HEVC/H.265 and VP9 codecs that are needed for a variety of current and forthcoming 4K & 4K HDR video services - like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Vudu, YouTube, Google Play Movies/TV, PlayStation Video, FandangoNow, and other providers. You can also watch standard definition and high definition movies and TV shows from Hulu, HBO Go/HBO Now, Starz, ShowTime, and more. In addition, you get live TV programming from PlayStation Vue & Sling Television; as well as on-demand network content ABC, FOX, & NBC.
- Music & Radio: You'll be able to listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Deezer, Google Play Music and more.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Get scores, news, and highlights from ESPN, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB.TV, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and more. You'll also get news and weather infromation from CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, AccuWeather, and The Weather Network.
- Games: Download select video games from Google Play and play them on the big screen without the need for any game console. You can connect up to four wireless gamepads (sold separately) for multi-player gaming. Google Play Games even syncs your progress and achievements across your devices, so you can start playing on your Android smartphone or tablet and then move to the Sony TV when you get home.
- 4K & 4K HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K streaming.
- Make sure the Sony television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Mobile Device Streaming: The Sony TV allows you to wirelessly stream content from a compatible mobile device using Chromecast built-in or AirPlay 2 for playback on the big screen. You can setup the TV to automatically turn on when you begin share content from a compatible mobile device.
- Chromecast built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android (OS 4.4.2+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device to the Sony TV. Now you can cast your favorites movies or TV shows (on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Google Play, HBO Now, PlayStation Vue and more); your favorite music and radio stations (on Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, YouTube Music, and more); Sports highlights (on ESPN, NBC, CBS, and more); plus photos & videos (on YouTube, Google Photos, and more) from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Sony TV. For a list of all compatible Chromecast Built-in apps click here.
- Apple AirPlay 2: With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Sony TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
TVWeb Browser: The TVWeb Browser is a free Web browser tool for Android TV. You can see entertainment, music, news, and media content such as that seen on your computer, on the Sony TV using the included remote control. The TVWeb Browser for TV has the following features - Audio search, Bookmarks feature, Browsing history, User switching, Search engine selection, and Pointer display function.
Media Streaming: The Sony TV allows you to stream a variety of audio, video, and photo content from USB mass storage class devices and DLNA certified devices. Compatible media formats include MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC music files, MPEG/MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV/Xvid/WMA video files, and JPEG photo files.
- DLNA Certified: DLNA certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as photo , music, and video files stored on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server/Android device) on the Sony HDTV. The TV can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or WiFi connection (via built-in WiFi). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
- Dual USB Ports: The Sony TV is equipped with one USB-A 2.0 port and one USB-A 3.0 port for sharing your photos or videos, and listening to music from a connected USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) compliant device that is formatted in FAT 16/32, exFAT, or NTFS. Even 4K photos & videos that you've downloaded to your USB-enabled device can be played back on the TV in Ultra-HD 4K. The USB ports will also charge your connected devices (max: 5V, 500aA/900aA). An external HDD (hard disk drive) may require a separate external power supply.
Automatic Software Updates: Automatic software updates are done through the TV's Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. The TV's software updates when the television is in standby mode. Visit the Sony eSupport site for the latest software updates.
Remote Control: The remote offers soft push-button control and features a built-in mic for voice recognition. The built-in microphone provides voice control of select Android TV functions through the built-in Google Assistant. The remote even has dedicated Google Play & Netflix buttons, so you can access your Netflix movies and TV shows quicker. The remote control operates the TV via Bluetooth, but can also be programmed to operate cable boxes and satellite receivers via IR. In addition, the TV is compatible with universal IR remote controls (such as the Logitech Harmony - sold separately).
Digital Voice Assistant Control: The Sony UHD TV will support voice control of select functions through the built-in Google Assistant & optional Amazon Alexa enabled devices via a wireless network connection.
- Google Assistant: The Sony TV supports the Google Assistant through its Android operating system and the included IR remote's built-in mic. You can simply trigger the Google Assistant by by pressing the mic button on the remote and then speaking into the microphone after hearing an audible prompt. You can ask the Google Assistant to turn volume up/down, change channels and inputs, search content on select built-in Android TV apps, and control basic playback functions. In addition to TV voice commands, you can use the Google Assistant to control connected smart home devices and other Google Home enabled devices. The Google Assistant can also be used to find answers for many of your daily questions through Google's advanced search engine. The TV also supports voice control through the Google Home family of wireless speakers (sold separately - see Accessories tab) and other Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
- Amazon Alexa: Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo family of speakers, sold separately - see Accessories tab) will be able to control key functions of the Sony TV. With this new feature you can simply use your voice to turn the Sony TV on or off, change channels, change inputs, control volume, and control playback functions of select streaming content. Click here for setup instructions.
Remote Apps: The Sony Ultra-HD TV offers remote control capability through your Android or Apple iOS device via the Android TV Remote App or Sony's Video & TV SideView Remote App. Apple iPad users can even use the Spotlight by Samba TV app with the Sony UHD TV to get content recommendations.
- Android TV Remote: The Android TV Remote App (for Android OS 4.0+ and Apple iOS 9.0+) lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote to control the Sony television's Android TV functions. Easily navigate content and play games on your compatible Android TV device. The remote app offers voice search and an on-screen keyboard, giving you full control of Android TV from your smartphone or tablet. Simply tap the on-screen mic button to start a voice search, or use the keyboard to input text on Android TV. If you know what you want to watch, just say it into your smartphone or tablet's microphone and the Sony television will find it within its Android TV and Google Play applications.
- Video & TV SideView Remote: With the free Sony Video & TV SideView App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can control the Sony TV and browse its content from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The Video & TV SideView App will allow your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to act as a remote control and software keyboard for the Sony TV. You'll be able to search what's available to watch on broadcast stations and video on-demand apps. You can even pull up the TV's channel guide on your smartphone or tablet without interfering with the what you're watching on the TV. You also get to learn more about the show you're watching right now, like cast and episode details. In addition, you can tweet about what you're watching from your mobile device or see what fellow fans are tweeting about in real time.
- Spotlight by Samba TV App: The Spotlight by Samba TV app (for Apple iPad iOS 9.0+) offers tailor-made ads, notifications and behind the scenes info about your favorite shows and actors on your compatible Apple iPad device. The Spotlight by Samba TV synchronizes the experience you have on your tablet with what you're watching on TV, to suggest new appealing content.
Bravia Sync: This TV is equipped with Bravia Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. Bravia Sync helps you connect compatible Sony Bravia HDMI equipment, such as a Blu-ray player or AV amplifier, to the TV and control the external equipment using the television's remote control. With the "Control for HDMI" function, Bravia Sync helps to communicate with Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Bravia Sync-compatible equipment is listed as a new input source in the television's menu. The television offers the following Bravia Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player: Automatically turns the BRAVIA Sync-compatible device on and switches the input to that device when you select it from the Home Menu or Sync Menu. Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected device when the device starts to play
- AV Amplifier: Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on; this function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound. Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on. Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control.
- Video Camera: Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected video camera when the connected video camera is turned on. Automatically turns the connected video camera off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Controls menu operation, playback, and channel selection of the connected video camera through the TV's remote
Note: Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) is only available for the connected Sony equipment that has the Bravia Sync logo.
Smarthome Control: The Sony UHD TV can be integrated with smarthome devices that are compatible with Google Assistant (built-in), Apple HomeKit (sold separately), and Harmony Hub (sold separately). Smarthome control requires that the Sony TV and all compatible devices be connected to the same WiFi wireless network.
- Google Assistant: The Sony TV's built-in microphone or the microphone on the included remote allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to control Google smarthome products (including Philips Hue & Nest) throughout your home. You can even view your Google smarthome compatible doorbell camera on the Sony TV's big screen.
- Apple HomeKit: Apple HomeKit lets you easily and securely control smarthome products using the Apple Home app or by asking Siri on your Apple iOS devices. The Sony TV can be added to the Apple Home app and included in scenes or automations with other HomeKit accessories. For example, you can create a "Movie Night" scene in the Home app to easily turn on your TV and dim the lights, and simply ask Siri to launch the scene. However, the Sony TV cannot be used to control your Apple HomeKit devices.
- Optional Harmony Hub: Enjoy home automation control directly from the Sony Android TV, via the Logitech Harmony Hub (596HMNYHUB, sold separately). Everything from lights (including Phillips Hue), thermostats (including Nest) and security cameras, to other home entertainment systems can now be controlled at the push of a button on the Sony TV's remote control.
PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller (sold separately): If you have a Sony PlayStation 4, your DualShock 4 controller can become the TV's remote by downloading the BRAVIA TV Player app on your PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Store. You'll also be able to control your PlayStation 4's on-screen user interface with the TV's remote.
Keyboard/Mouse Compatible: You can connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) to the television for easier web browsing. You can move the cursor with the mouse and enter text with a compatible keyboard. Not all web-based apps support keyboard/mouse control.
Serial Port: You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Content Search: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and Android TV apps.
- Program Guide: You can quickly find your preferred programs and the detailed program information. The current program information and weekly program guides for the next eight days are provided.
- Featured & Recommendations: Featured content & personal recommendations from Google Play, YouTube and many of your other apps appear automatically in the TV's home screen. So if you are having trouble figuring out what to watch, let Sony's Android TV recommend something for you and the family to watch.
- Voice Search: Simply activate the Voice Search function through the included remote control and built-in Google Assistant or the Android TV App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone/tablet. If you know what you want to watch, just say it into the device's microphone and the Sony television will find it within its Android TV and Google Play applications.
- Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows, movies, and music across Android TV apps. Simply enter in the track title, album name, or movie title.
Quick Settings: By pressing the "Quick Settings" button on the remote, a menu appears and provides quick access to the functions that are available for the currently displayed screen, such as picture adjustment, sound adjustment, volume adjustment for the connected device (such as headphones), and display/audio change. The items in the menu differ depending on the selected screen.
Input Management: You can display, hide, and change the name of the TV's HDMI and AV inputs. You can change the name of an input to a preset name (such as Blu-ray, Cable, Game, etc); or choose a custom name. You can also choose to hide inputs that are not used, so they won't show up on-screen when you are navigating your inputs.
Netflix Recommended: This Sony TV is a Netflix Recommended TV. This is due to the fact that it offers a unique feature set which makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy. The Sony TV has an Instant On feature so the TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away. In addition, the TV turns on and launches Netflix with one press of the Netflix button on the included IR remote. Online apps, including Netflix, can resume quickly and return where you left off. Its Android TV interface and operating system enables easy navigation and switching between apps and inputs.
Samba Interactive TV: Samba Interactive TV enhances the Sony TV by enabling new features like interest-based advertisements, program notifications, and behind the scenes information about your favorite shows and actors. Similar to apps like the Spotlight App (for Apple iOS), Samba Interactive TV synchronizes your experience on your tablet with what you are watching on the TV, and unlocks exclusive content and features.
- Samba TV uses mainstream TV shows, commercials, and movies to provide interest-based advertisements. Samba TV looks at content from video sources connected to your TV, such as your Blu-ray Disc player or set-top box, etc (the TV's Internal Internet App content isn't currently included). Samba TV doesn't gather any information about your personal videos or non-mainstream internet video you watch on your TV.
- Samba TV technology is designed to anonymously analyze statistical data captured from the video content you watch. Then, it provides interest-based advertisements, special offers, and new interactive features based on your viewing habits. No images of what's on the screen ever leaves the TV, and your viewing profile used for interest-based advertisements is associated with your TV, and not with you personally.
Notes: You can choose to "Enable" or "Disable" the Samba Interactive TV feature during the television's initial setup. Samba TV will clear your current viewing profile and prepare a new profile if you reset your advertising profile or do a TV factory reset in the television's system menu.
Power Management Functions: This Sony TV incorporates advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor Technology, Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for approximately 15 minutes.
Timers: The Sony TV offers a TV timer and Sleep timer. The TV Timer turns on the television from the standby mode at a time you set, and tunes to a channel or input of your preference. The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. You can also block specific channels. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password. You can also block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
Pedestal Feet: The Sony TV comes with two pedestal feet to ensure stability and create the ideal place for a soundbar speaker to sit below the television. The pedestal feet and TV do not swivel. The TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached. The television weighs 21.6 lbs with the pedestal feet attached.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The television can be wall mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded screw inserts that are spaced 100mm (h) x 200mm (v) apart. The threaded inserts will accept M6 (6mm) screws. The TV screen is edged with a slim, narrow plastic frame that maximizes the viewing area and looks beautiful on your wall. The TV weighs 20.7 lbs without the pedestal feet.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 11.875" above the television for adequate ventilation.
External AC Power Adapter: The television comes with an external AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord that plugs into the TV and a detachable 22" AC power cord that plugs into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The AC power cord's plug sits 1.5" from the wall. The AC power adatper measures 8.125" (w) x 1.3125" (h) x 2.6875" (d).
The Sony XBR-43X800H replaces these items
- QLED TV with Quantum Dot technology delivers full color at any brightness level
- edge-lit Dual LED backlight combines cool tone and warm tone LEDs for better picture contrast
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- TRILUMINOS™ Display for a wider color range
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
3 questions already asked