About the Sony KDL-46NX810
Movies, shows, and video games all in vivid 3D
Movies, shows, and video games all in vivid 3D
Sony has experience with every link in the 3D chain. Their pro cameras are used to record 3D movies, while their HDTVs, Blu-ray players, and glasses bring 3D to life at home. The KDL-46NX810 vividly demonstrates the 3D difference: movies and TV shows gain a compelling sense of depth and dimensionality, and video games reach new levels of intensity. As a bonus, this advanced screen also produces a spectacular 2D picture on everything else you watch.
How 3D TV works
3D TVs present a slightly different view to each eye, and that's what creates the illusion that images begin in front of and extend well behind the actual screen. When you combine the 3D-capable KDL-46NX810 with Sony's 3D Sync Transmitter and 3D glasses (sold separately in a 3D starter kit), you can enjoy vivid 3D viewing from your couch. Add a 3D-capable Sony Blu-ray player for the highest-quality 3D experience.
An LED backlight delivers a dynamic picture using less power
Sony's "OptiContrast Panel" provides outstanding picture contrast, and black levels that get really black. Images pop with the vibrant, natural colors that demonstrate why an LED backlight is superior to a conventional fluorescent. Also, LEDs are more energy-efficient than fluorescent backlights. Other clever "eco" features include a "presence sensor" that detects if you've stepped away from your TV and automatically turns the picture off.
Motionflow PRO 240Hz ensures naturally smooth motion
Sony's Motionflow is one of the most sophisticated and effective motion processing solutions. This 240Hz version quadruples the video frame rate by inserting three entirely new frames for each original frame. The system creates seamlessly smooth, sharp pictures by analyzing the motion of specific on-screen objects as well as overall movement.
This TV comes ready to play with your wireless home network
With built-in Wi-Fi®, the KDL-46NX810 makes it super easy to send online movies and TV shows to your living room, where you can enjoy this big, beautiful screen while stretched out on your sofa. Actually, you can put this TV wherever you like and not have to deal with the hassle and clutter of running a network cable. And Sony's built-in web menu gives you instant access to Netflix® movies, Pandora® music, and more.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 46" screen (measured diagonally)
- black finish
- can display 3D images when used with Sony's 3D Sync Transmitter and 3D Active Glasses (sold separately in a 3D starter kit)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- selectable Motionflow PRO 240Hz blur reduction for clearer motion
- Dynamic Edge LED backlight for high contrast and slim panel design
- BRAVIA Engine 3 video processing improves the look of non-HD sources
- room light sensor, Presence Sensor, and Energy Saving switch
- Internet-ready Smart TV — has built-in apps for accessing the Sony Entertainment Network (on-demand movies and music), Netflix®, and more (broadband service required; subscription/fees required for some online services)
- you can find the latest info about this TV's Internet apps at Sony's website
- built-in Wi-Fi® for easy wireless Internet access (broadband service required)
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- built-in stereo speakers (8 watts x 2 + 10 watts for woofer)
- illuminated multibrand remote control
- BRAVIA Sync simplifies control of compatible Sony components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- USB port for photo/video/music playback
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 17-7/8" x 10-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 42-5/8"W x 26"H x 1-1/2"D (26-7/8"H x 10-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 54.7 lbs. with stand; 45.2 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KDL46NX810
What's in the box:
- 46" Widescreen LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (RM-YD036)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Four 6mm x 10mm screws
- Setup Guide (Operating Instructions)
- Table-top stand assembly instructions
- Network Settings instructions
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Attention" note (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Safety and Regulatory Booklet (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- End User License Agreement
- Remote note
- DirecTV brochure
- Sony Internet Video brochure
- Sony 3D Blu-ray brochure
- Sony PS3 brochure
Sony KDL-46NX810 reviews
TV arrived on time, setup was straight forward and the new TV found my existing wireless network in no time. The only disappointment was the sound quality. It didn't match the picture quality.
Pros: Great picture, easy set up
Cons: sound quality doesn't match the picture quality. Buying a moderately priced Sony 5.1 Surround Sound more than adequately addressed that problem.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I am satisfied with this TV.
1 of 2 found this helpful
The display is a bit pixelated. For the money, I need better. Returning this TV and getting a different brand.
0 of 2 found this helpful
The picture quality is fantastic, with vivid well-balanced colors and no blur. Speakers are fine (though external speakers are better for big, loud movies). The problem is, the Sony web apps fall short. Some are buggy: e.g., the Amazon app stopped being able to access my account after a while and I can't figure out how to reset it). Worse, the apps often fail or time out. Netflix and Pandora regularly fail to get or keep content. I do not think the issue is related to my internet service, for the computer in the same room can always access the content. Worse still, the TV can sometimes crash and require a reboot, and that's certainly not an internet issue. So, as a TV it's great. But if you're attracted to the web apps you may be disappointed or require an external web device like an Apple TV.
2 of 2 found this helpful
I have always used Sony.My 810 was easy to set up after I figured it out. As always the Crutchfield team cannot be beat. Only Sony people understand.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Sony Televisions have always been the best in my eyes. It would be hard to beat this television. Color, and Picture superb. Convienience features, including built in internet superb. The hardest part was connecting the TV to the router. The TV needed a Fixed IP address for Cable internet. My cable company refused to help, called router company, they refused to help without a fee. Went with the fee, to save time. Once hooked up TV updated the firmware in a couple of days. Now there isn't enough time in a day to use each feature especially Netflix. Will enjoy this TV for years to come.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great picture, easy to set up. TERRIBLE SOUND. Instruction manual and I-Manual (Internet Manual) TERRIBLE! Details of all the functiond are not explained. No detail instruction manual for using the remote.
1 of 1 found this helpful
The TV arrived on time and operates as advertised. Great
0 of 0 found this helpful
The picture is excellent!!!! No problems noticed - purchased beginning Jan 2011. This is the third Sony LCD that I have purchased over the years. Each set is better than the last.
3 of 3 found this helpful
Excellent TV , 3D is nice feature; I am using the optional stand available from SONY which tilts the LCD screen 11 deg for optimal viewing on a low stand; also it has additional speakers for better sound
9 of 9 found this helpful
More details on the Sony KDL-46NX810
Features & specs
OptiContrast Panel: The Sony Bravia KDL-46NX810 televisions utilizes OptiContrast panel technology for improved picture accuracy and deeper blacks.
Dynamic Edge LED Backlight: Boasting a Dynamic LED backlight with edge-lit local dimming, the Sony NX810 Series HDTVs produce amazing color and superior contrast, with deep blacks and pure whites across the entire screen.
Bravia Engine 3 Technology: Bravia Engine 3 is Sony's most advanced processing system for superior image detail, exceptionally vibrant, life-like images, reduced noise and optimized contrast and color. This fully digital video processor from Sony uses a collection of enhanced algorithms to significantly reduce noise, enhance overall image detail, and optimize contrast so every scene produces sharp, vibrant, life-like images.
NTSC/ATSC/QAM Tuners: The TV is equipped with an analog NTSC tuner, a digital ATSC/8VSB tuner, and a digital QAM tuner for receiving unscrambled digital cable channels. It is not CableCARD compatible. You do not need to connect an external HDTV set-top box in order to receive High-Definition programming.
Native Resolution: The KDL-46NX810 has a full HD native resolution of 1920 x 1080 with over 2 million pixels (more than twice the pixels of 720p HDTV). The TV's four HDMI inputs can accept 480i, 480p, 720p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 1080p (60/24Hz) signals, and the two component video inputs can accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p signals. All video signals from standard definition and high definition are upconverted to 1080p.
HD Video Inputs: The Sony Bravia KDL-46NX810 provides High Definition HDMI and component video inputs.
- 4 HDMI (ver.1.4) Inputs: The KDL-46NX810 features four HDMI 1.4 inputs (2 Rear/2 Side). The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminals provide an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface between this TV and any HDMI-equipped A/V equipment.. The HDMI inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p (60/24Hz), 480p, and 480i signals. The side-panel HDMI 2 input shares a 3.5mm audio jack with the television's PC input. With an HDMI-to-DVI cable, you can connect the TV to a DVI-equipped A/V component. When connecting to a DVI-equipped component, the 3.5mm audio input is used and separate minijack audio cable must be connected.
- Component Video Input: The side-panel component video input will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. If needed, the Component Video input can be used as a composite video input instead.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) Function: The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver or surround audio controller, increasing system flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. The ARC function enables digital output of sound using the television's HDMI In 1 port and can only be operated when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that also supports the ARC function. When the Input Source of the television is the TV (antenna), the ARC function allows audio from the TV to be heard through a connected AV receiver via the television's HDMI 1 input. The audio is sent from the TV to your receiver via a single HDMI cable without the need for a separate optical cable.
Note: When connecting a digital audio system that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology, connect to HDMI IN 1 with an HDMI cable. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
3D Ready: The Sony KDL-46NX810 gives you the option to enjoy 3D (three-dimensional) pictures and graphics. You can enjoy an immersive, realistic movie and gaming experience in Full HD 1080p using Sony's proprietary 3D accessories (3D Sync Transmitter and 3D Active Glasses, both sold separately) and connecting a compatible 3D-ready Blu-ray Disc Player, Satellite Receiver, or PlayStation3 gaming console (all sold separately) to the HDTV via HDMI. When viewed through the active shutter glasses, the on-screen image is precisely synchronized and delivered with the Full HD 1080p image intact, for an optimum 3D viewing experience. Sony's 3D technology displays high speed synchronized left- and right-eye images to deliver an immersive 3D experience. And since each frame you see is shown at Full HD resolution, the 3D action still offers razor-sharp detail. You can adjust the following 3D settings.
- Display Mode: For switching between 3D and 2D display modes.
- 3D Depth Adjustment: For adjusting the depth of the 3D image on the screen.
- Simulated 3D Effect: Use to heighten or lessen the 3D effect when you display 2D pictures in simulated 3D.
- 3D Glass Brightness: For setting the image brightness when using 3D display mode. By selecting "Auto", image brightness through the 3D glasses is automatically adjusted in conjunction with the "Scene Select" setting.
- 3D Format: Select between 3 types of 3D formats based
on your video content.
- Simulated: for viewing regular 2D pictures in simulated 3D
- Side-by-Side: selecting this displays two near-identical pictures side-by-side for 3D viewing (wear the 3D Glasses before setting "3D Format" as the instructions will otherwise be unreadable because of doubly-blurred letters on the screen)
- Over-Under: selecting this displays two near-identical pictures one above the other for 3D viewing (wear the 3D Glasses before setting "3D Format" as the instructions will otherwise be unreadable because of doubly-blurred letters on the screen)
Note: The 3D display mode is automatically selected when a 3D signal is detected. The recommended viewing angle and distance for 3D viewing is 120° (left/right) at 3.3'-19.6875'.
24pTrue Cinema (24p Input Capability): Many movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and prime time TV programs are video taped at 24p. Seizing on an opportunity, some studios are taking a purist approach and encoding high definition video content such as Blu-ray Disc in 24p. Sony wisely takes advantage of this by including 24p input capability via HDMI on this television producing images that are smooth and natural looking.
Motion Pro 240Hz Technology: Motionflow Pro 240Hz is a proprietary technology that displays TV broadcasts at an outstanding high-frame rate. By displaying pictures at a higher frame rate than standard, Motionflow Pro 240Hz reduces motion artifacts in high-speed sports footage for smooth, natural motion reproduction. This allows you to experience smooth motion detail and clarity using Motionflow Pro 240Hz technology. Motionflow Pro 240Hz technology quadruples the frame rate from the standard 60 frames per second and applies Image Blur Reduction technology to deliver a crisp, fluid and realistic viewing experience during fast-action scenes. The Motionflow Pro 240Hz feature has three settings to choose from - High, Standard, or Off.
Infinite Dynamic Contrast Ratio: Dynamic contrast ratio compares the luminance of a 100 IRE (white) signal with that of a 0 IRE (black) signal. When the TV receives a 0 IRE signal the backlight is turned off and the luminance measurement is 0.00 cd/m2. The resulting dynamic contrast ratio is infinite.
LightSensor Technology: Automatically increase or decrease the level of brightness of the TV's backlight based on your room's lighting conditions with the integrated LightSensor technology. Dim the lights to watch a movie and the sensor dims the backlight giving you the best picture quality for that setting, which also helps reduce unnecessary power consumption.
Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE): The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes. The ACE can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Screen Modes: You can choose from the following Screen Modes:
- 4:3 Source:
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the picture to fill a 16:9 screen, preserving the original picture as much as possible.
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture in its original size. Side bars are shown to fill the 16:9 screen.
- Full: Stretches the 4:3 picture horizontally, to fill the 16:9 screen.
- Zoom: Displays the cinemascopic (letter box format) picture in the correct proportion.
- 16:9 Source:
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the picture to fill a 16:9 screen, preserving the original picture as much as possible.
- Full: Displays a 16:9 picture in its original size.
- Zoom: Displays the cinemascopic (letter box format) picture in the correct proportion.
- H Stretch: Stretches the picture horizontally keeping the vertical size in its original. This is only available with 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p sources.
- Auto Wide: Automatically changes screen settings base upon incoming video signal and content.
Picture Mode: You can select one of the following picture modes:
- Vivid: Enhances picture contrast and sharpness.
- Standard: Displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments.
- Sports: Optimizes picture quality for viewing sports.
- Game (Standard/Original): For standard picture suitable for games, or adjust the game picture according to your preference.
- Graphics: Optimizes picture quality for viewing graphics.
- Photo (Vivid/Standard/Custom): Enhances contrast, sharpness, and color of photographs; for standard viewing of photographs; or adjustment of detailed settings for viewing photographs and storing your preferred settings.
- Custom: Allows you to store your preferred settings for Backlight, Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, Color Temperature, Sharpness, Noise Reduction.
MPEG Noise Reduction: This feature reduces the picture noise in MPEG-compressed videos. This is effective when viewing a DVD or digital broadcast. You can set the level of noise reduction to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Advanced Video Settings: In addition to the Picture mode, the Advanced Video Settings menu also features the following:
- Auto Light Limiter: Reduces glare such as in scenes where the entire screen is white.
- LED Dynamic Control: Optimizes contrast by adjusting brightness in individual sections of the screen.
- Black Corrector: Enhances black areas of the picture for stronger contrast. The Black Corrector can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- Gamma: Adjusts the balance between bright and dark areas of the picture.
- Clear White: Emphasizes white and light colors. It can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Live Color: Makes colors more vivid and reproduces clear skin tones. It can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature color by color.
CineMotion: This function provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content.
Picture Adjustment Lock: This function prevents the television's Picture Settings from being changed.
Sound Position: The speakers of this TV provide different sound images according to how you position the television. You can select between "Table-Top Stand" or "Wall Mount/Floor Stand" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
Sound Mode: You can customize the bass and treble or use one of the three preset sound modes:
- Dynamic: Enhances both treble and bass to make sound clear.
- Standard: Provides natural sound.
- Clear Voice: Make voice clearer by lowering background sound.
- Custom: Allows you to customize sound settings (Bass, Treble and Balance).
S-FORCE Front Surround: S-FORCE front surrounds provides a virtual surround experience made possible using just two front speakers. You can choose from five modes.
- Sports: delivers surround effects that make you feel like you are watching a live sports contest
- Music: delivers surround effects that make you feel like you are surrounded by sound as in a music hall
- Cinema: delivers surround effects just like the high-grade audio systems found in movie theaters
- Game: delivers surround effects that enhance game sound
- Simulated Stereo: Adds a surround-like effect to monaural programs.
- Off: select for normal stereo or mono reception
Sound Enhancer: The Sound Enhancer reproduces clear sound by complementing high-frequency bands.
Steady Sound: Steady Sound equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
Volume Offset: Adjusts the volume level of the current input (TV or video input) relative to other inputs.
Audio Outputs: The Sony HDTV offers analog and digital audio outputs.
- Analog Audio Outputs (Fixed/Variable): These stereo RCA audio jacks on the rear-panel of the television allow you to listen to the TV's audio through your stereo system.
- Digital Audio Output: The rear-panel Optical digital output connects to the optical digital input of your digital audio equipment which is PCM/Dolby Digital compatible.
PC Compatible: A side-panel 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The television can be used as a monitor for your PC through the TV's RGB HD-15 input or HDMI input. The TV supports the following PC resolutions - VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800x 600), XGA (1024 x 768), WXGA (1280 x 768/1360 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024), and HDTV (1920 x 1080). When a PC is connected to the TV and the PC input is selected, the PC settings screen is available.
- Wide Mode: Select from Normal (original), Full 1 (enlarge picture keep original aspect ratio), or Full 2 (enlarge picture to fill display area).
- Sharpness: Phase (fine tunes overall sharpness), Pitch (adjusts uneven sharpness)
- Position: Horizontal Center (moves the position of picture left/right), Vertical Center (moves position of picture up/down)
- Auto Adjustment: Automatically adjusts the display position and phase of the picture when the TV receives an input signal from the connected PC.
PIP: Picture-in-Picture displays an image from a connected PC (via PC-input or HDMI) in full-screen and a TV program (antenna/composite video) in an inset window. You can swap audio between the main and sub window.
USB Port: The Sony TV features a side-panel USB type-A port for sharing your photos (JPEG/RAW) or videos (AVCHD/AVC/MPEG1), and listening to music (MP3) from your connected digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or other USB storage device. The Sony TV provides the following photo playback functions.
- Picture Frame: The Sony TV's Picture Frame feature displays a photo for a selected period of time (similar to a Slide Show). You can select a photo from the connected USB device or preset picture folder.
- Photomap: By connecting a digital still camera with GPS function to the unit's USB port, you can display a photo with a map of the location where the photo was taken. To use this feature, the TV also has to be connected to the Internet to download map information.
Built-in Wireless LAN: The Sony TV features built-in Wi-Fi which allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in Wi-Fi provides a wireless network connection for your TV with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. The television also provides an Ethernet (LAN) port if you prefer a hardwired connection.
Note: A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
DLNA Certified: DLNA certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as photo (JPEG), music (MP3/LPCM), and video (AVCHD/MPEG2) files stored on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) on the Sony HDTV. Up to 10 media servers can be connected using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or Wi-Fi connection. This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Bravia Internet Video: Bravia Internet Video serves as a gateway to Internet content, delivering a variety of on-demand entertainment straight to the Sony TV. The television is equipped with a rear-panel Ethernet (LAN) port and offers built-in Wi-Fi for making a broadband Internet connection, allowing you to connect to the web. Once your connection and setup is complete, Bravia Internet TV allows you to instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube, Slacker, Pandora, Hulu Plus (coming Fall 2010), and more.
Note: Broadband internet connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD content). Video quality and picture size vary and are depended upon broadband speed and delivery by content provider. Select content provided subject to change. Premium content may require additional fees, a subscription and/or PC registration.
Bravia Internet Widgets: Widgets are small downloadable applications that provide easy access to interactive content when your TV is connected to the Internet. Integrated Bravia Internet Widgets deliver interactive content when the TV is connected to the Internet. With the Widgets feature, you can display a variety of information on the screen. The built-in widgets allow you to personalize your viewing experience by adding information apps to your screen so you can instantly access the latest local news, weather, sports headlines, and a TV Guide; as well as Facebook and Twitter updates.
Automatic Software Updates: Automatic software updates are done through the TV's Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in Wi-Fi. The TV's software updates when the television is in standby mode.
Scene Mode: You can access the following scene modes from the remote control to optimize both picture and sound quality.
- Cinema: Delivers picture scenes and sound just like those in a theater.
- Sports: Presents realistic pictures and sound just like those in a stadium.
- Photo: Reproduces the texture and color of a printed photo.
- Music: Lets you experience dynamic and clear sound just like a concert.
- Game: Broadens your game-playing experience with superb picture and sound quality.
- Graphics: Eases prolonged monitor viewing with clearer detailed pictures.
- General: No optimized picture or sound according to the input source.
- Auto: Automatically optimizes picture and sound quality according to the input source.
Favorite Menu: The Favorites Menu function makes it easy to quickly access your favorite TV content. The Favorites menu manages your preferred TV channels, photos, music, video content and external inputs for quick and easy access. The Favorites feature provides quick access to your frequently used items, such as preferred TV channels or external inputs. In addition, your favorite media files, Internet content. and Widgets can be shown in the Favorites screen. The Sony TV also features a "Recommendations" function which automatically analyzes your interests by referencing your viewing history to find programs and items you may like, and presents them in the TV's Favorites menu.
On-Screen TV Guide: The On-Screen TV Guide provides up to two days of program information and customizes the program listings to your preference. With this feature, you can search for programs by categories and keywords as well as customize your favorite channels or favorite keywords. The "My TV" feature allows you to organize the program listings by profiles such as Movie, Sport or Kids. You can also create your own profile to organize your favorite programs, channels, or keywords.
Note: TV Guide is available with connection to your cable service or with over-the-air antenna signal. You must connect your signal directly to the TV's Cable or Antenna input without using a cable box.
Info Banner: The television's Info Banner displays information about the currently viewed TV channel and program.
Input/Channel Label: This feature allows you to assign labels to the television's inputs and your favorite channels. You can create station call letters (up to nine characters) to the channel numbers. You can assign the following labels for each input (except PC and Cable/Antenna inputs): Cable, Receiver, Satellite, VCR, DVD/BD, DVR, Audio System, Home Theater, Game, Camcorder, Digital Camera, PC, and Skip. Or you can also select a custom nine character label for each of these inputs.
Close Captions (CC): The Sony HDTV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size.
ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified: This Sony HDTV exceeds ENERGY STAR 3.0 requirements by incorporating advanced power saving features such as LightSensor Technology, an Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following PC Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. This also enhances the black level of the television. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for approximately 15 minutes.
- Energy Saving Switch: The TV's energy saving switch eliminates standby power consumption without having to unplug the television. Simply turn the Energy Saving Switch to off position and the TV no longer draws energy from the power source.
Note: When the Energy Saving Switch is switched off, power consumption is reduced. In addition, when the Energy Saving Switch is switched off, you will not be able to perform functions such as saving clock settings.
Quick Start: Quick Start turns the TV on faster than usual when the "Power" button is pressed on the remote control. Up to three time periods can be set. When you set "Smart Mode" to "On", the TV recognizes the time periods when you watch TV the most and will turn on faster.
Note: If "Quick Start" is set, power consumption may increase.
TV Timer: The TV Timer turns on the television from the standby mode at a time you set, and tunes to a channel or input of your preference.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password.
Input/Channel Block: This feature allows you to block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
Wireless Remote Control: The TV comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-YD036). The remote control is preset to operate the Sony TV, and most Sony BD players, DVD players, DVD/HDD recorders, and audio systems (Home Theater, etc.). To control equipment made by other manufacturers (and some other Sony models), you can program the remote control. The remote is also designed to operate Sony Bravia Sync AV components connected by HDMI. The remote control features two power buttons (one on the front of the remote and one on the back of the remote). The remote also offer backlit buttons with the press of the "Light" button.
Bravia Sync: This TV is equipped with Bravia Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. Bravia Sync helps you connect compatible Sony Bravia HDMI equipment, such as a BD player or AV amplifier, to the TV and control the external equipment using the television's remote control. With the "Control for HDMI" function, Bravia Sync helps to communicate with Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Bravia Sync-compatible equipment is listed as a new input source in the television's menu. The television offers the following Bravia Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player:
- Automatically turns the "Bravia" Sync-compatible equipment on and switches the input to that equipment when you select it from the Home Menu or Sync Menu.
- Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected equipment when the equipment starts to play.
- Automatically turns the connected equipment off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
- AV Amplifier:
- Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on. This function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound.
- Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on.
- Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
- Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control.
- Video Camera:
- Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected video camera when the connected video camera is turned on.
- Automatically turns the connected video camera off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
Note: Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) is only available for the connected Sony equipment that has the Bravia Sync logo.
i-Manual: The Sony TV comes with a Quick Setup Guide booklet. The TV's full owner's manual can be accessed on the TV using the remote's i-Manual button.
Tabletop Stand: The display comes supplied with a tabletop pedestal stand which must be attached using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 54.7 lbs with the stand attached.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The stand can be removed, allowing you to wall-mount the TV using an optional wall-mount bracket. The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 11-3/4" (300mm) and a vertical spacing of 11-3/4" (300mm). The screw holes all accept M6 (6mm) screws. The TV weighs 45.2 lbs without the stand.