About the Sony XBR-65A8G
Sony keeps refining their OLED TVs
Sony keeps refining their OLED TVs
Combine 4K OLED display technology with Sony's unmatched video processing and you get one of 2019's finest TV pictures. In fact, the 65" XBR-65A8G delivers immersive picture and sound.
4K and HDR complete the picture
4K provides four times the picture detail of 1080p HD, while HDR (High Dynamic Range) gives a major boost to contrast and color. It may surprise you, but HD video standards are based on old-school tube TVs with low brightness capabilities.
The latest HDR-equipped TVs, like the XBR-65A8G, can display greater contrast and a wider color spectrum. The combination makes pictures pop like you've never seen before.
Sony's video processing makes everything look its best
Sony isn't the only company building OLED TVs, but it's the only one that employs the company's unmatched video processing. The 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme engine is one of their most sophisticated processors. Its two primary tasks are reducing the compression noise common in streamed video and lower-resolution sources, and upscaling every source to near 4K/HDR quality. Picture quality with 4K streamed content and Ultra HD Blu-ray is spectacular, but you don't need a 4K source to be wowed by this TV.
The X1 Extreme processor also detects if there is a static image on screen and performs a pixel shift to avoid burn-in or image retention.
The entire screen is a speaker — sound tracks the on-screen action
Instead of using typical tiny speakers, the XBR-65A8G uses the entire screen to generate sound. Sony's Acoustic Surface™ technology uses actuators on the back to send vibrations through the screen to produce sound. Sounds are localized to what's happening on screen, creating an even more immersive experience. A total of 50 watts of power drives the screen speaker system as well as the rear-mounted woofer.
Tell this TV what you want to watch
The XBR-65A8G's built-in Android operating system lets you easily log in to your Google ID to access a huge collection of apps, games and content from Google Play. Use the Chromecast Built-in feature to stream movies, pictures, and TV shows from your iOS or Android-based phone, or from a laptop.
The included remote control lets you activate the built-in Google Assistant simply by pressing the mic button and speaking into the microphone. Use it to adjust the volume, change channels or inputs, and control other basic TV functions. Search for a particular movie or actor just by saying the name. Google Assistant can also answer everyday questions and control connected smart home devices. The XBR-65A8G is also compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control assistants.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision®, HDR10, HLG) extends picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- self-illuminating OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces infinite picture contrast and absolute black
- pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's 8.3 million pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, displaying exceptional picture detail, contrast, and depth
- 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme engine includes powerful real-time image processing for ultra-detailed pictures
- 4K X-Reality™ PRO upscales images to near-4K clarity while working at the pixel level to clean the picture and reduce noise
- HDR Remaster improves color and contrast for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content
- IMAX Enhanced certification for improved performance with IMAX Enhanced 4K/HDR content (via future firmware update)
- TRILUMINOS™ Display technology for a wider color range
- MotionFlow™ XR blur/judder reduction
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- Android TV™ with Chromecast Built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android™ or iOS® device, or laptop
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android™ let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- 4 HDMI 2.0b
- all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- to view the highest-quality 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 3 USB inputs (two 2.0, one 3.0) for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- Acoustic Surface technology makes the entire screen a speaker (50 watts total power)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- you can set up the TV to output sound from Bluetooth, the built-in speakers, and the headphone output at the same time
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
- detachable pedestal stand ("footprint" is 25-7/8"W x 11-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 57-1/8"W x 32-7/8"H x 2-1/8"D (33-5/8"H x 11-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 49.6 lbs. with stand; 44.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XBR65A8G
More details on the Sony XBR-65A8G
Features & specs