About the Sony XBR-75Z8H
Sony's finest 75" LED TV for 2020
Sony's finest 75" LED TV for 2020
Over the past two years I've had the chance to spend time with some of the world's finest TVs — both 4K and 8K. If you desire a truly reference-quality picture, and can fit a 75" screen in your room and budget, Sony's XBR-75Z8H provides that extra level of lifelike detail that sets 8K TVs apart from even the best 4K models.
Sony chose 8K for this model and its 85" big brother in order to get close to the pixel density of their $45,000 30" 4K pro monitors, which are used in many Hollywood post-production suites. The 75" XBR-75Z8H provides an immersive, studio-quality viewing experience in your living room.
Upscale everything you watch to near-8K quality
For their latest 8K TVs, Sony added performance tweaks to their most powerful video processor ever — the Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate. It's able to identify, analyze and optimize hundreds of objects in any video frame, rather than applying generic enhancement to the entire frame. So it can make precise adjustments to the color, contrast and sharpness of individual elements, creating a much more natural looking picture.
And the processor's Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR function ensures that sunsets and other colorful scenes display seamless gradations, without any color banding.
Dramatic contrast, wide viewing angles, and clear motion
A key to the XBR-75Z8H's exceptional contrast is Sony's full-array direct-lit LED technology. With up to twenty times the screen contrast range of conventional edge-lit LED TVs, the '75Z8H produces deep, accurate black levels and incredible contrast — essential for accurately reproducing HDR-enhanced content.
At the same time, Sony's X-Wide Angle technology addresses LCD's well-known viewing angle limitations. The '75Z8H maintains impressive contrast, brightness, and color saturation even for viewers seated well to either side of the screen. We've seen it in action and it really works.
Sony's X-Motion Clarity™ with 120Hz refresh rate is the smartest motion processing solution we know of. While many TVs employ a blinking backlight to reduce motion blur, X-Motion Clarity takes advantage of the XBR-75Z8H's multi-zone full-array backlight to localize the blinking to just the part of the screen where the motion is happening. That eliminates motion blur without dimming overall picture brightness.
A calibrated picture for even greater accuracy
I love watching Netflix's 4K content on my 4K/HDR TV, and I can't wait to check out the Netflix Calibrated Mode on Sony's latest 8K TVs. This mode works with the set's built-in Netflix app, and allows viewers to enjoy the same picture quality at home that Netflix's producers see on their evaluation monitors.
Also, this TV is compatible with CalMAN® auto-calibration software, a standard tool for post-production and quality control in the movie/TV industry. It provides deep-level calibration with the ability to fine-tune adjustments not available with conventional picture settings. You'll achieve professional-grade color accuracy that's true to the original TV signal — without having to pay a pro to do it. See requirements in Product Highlights section below.
Two ways to use voice commands to simplify control
The XBR-75Z8H's built-in Android operating system lets you easily log in to your Google ID to access a huge collection of apps, games and content from Google Play. Use the Chromecast Built-in feature to stream movies, pictures, and TV shows from your iOS or Android-based phone, or from a laptop.
Sony also lets you decide how — or if — you want the XBR-75Z8H to respond to voice commands. In the setup menu you can choose to have the built-in Google Assistant only activate when you press the mic button on the remote and speak into it. Or, for truly hands-free voice control, set the TV to access Google Assistant by saying "OK Google" when you're within range of the TV's built-in far-field microphone.
You can adjust the volume, change channels or inputs, and control other basic TV functions. Google Assistant can also answer everyday questions and control connected smart home devices. This TV is also compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control assistants.
A firmware update coming later this year will add support for Apple® AirPlay® 2, so you'll be able to stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to the biggest screen in your home.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 74.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 8K screen resolution (7680 x 4320 pixels)
- Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate includes powerful real-time image processing for ultra-realistic pictures
- 8K X-Reality™ PRO upscales images to near-8K clarity while working at the pixel level to clean the picture and reduce noise
- Object-based Super Resolution enhances the resolution of on-screen objects individually for exceptional picture accuracy and detail
- 8K HDR Super Bit Mapping™ employs 14-bit processing to minimize color banding and create smooth transitions between shades of a color
- High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision®, HDR10, HLG) extends picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- full-array direct-lit LED backlight with local dimming
- 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO™ delivers a stunning contrast range with brighter highlights and deeper blacks
- X-Wide Angle technology maintains accurate color and contrast when viewing from the sides
- TRILUMINOS™ Display technology for a wider color range
- X-Motion Clarity™ blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- Netflix Calibrated Mode mimics the settings on Netflix's mastering monitors to ensure an accurate picture
- IMAX Enhanced certification for improved performance with IMAX Enhanced 4K/HDR content (via future firmware update)
- CalMAN® autocalibration capability (requires Windows PC to run CalMAN software, SpectraCal C6 colorimeter or equivalent, and a video pattern generator)
- "Ready for PlayStation 5" (requires future firmware update)
- can display 8K game content and 4K @ 120Hz
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- Android TV™ with Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android™ or iOS® device, or laptop
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac (via future firmware update)
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Netflix Recommended TV offers a unique feature set that makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy
- 1 HDMI 2.1, 3 HDMI 2.0b
- all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- HDMI 3 input supports eARC/ARC
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- pair of speaker binding post terminals for connecting to an A/V receiver when using the TV's Center Speaker Mode
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB inputs (two 2.0, one 3.0) for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- 6-speaker Acoustic Multi-Audio system with Frame Tweeters to integrate the sound with the picture (60 watts total)
- Acoustic Auto Calibration microphone in the remote measures your room's "sound" and optimizes settings
- Center Speaker Mode allows dialogue, effects and music to come directly from the screen, complementing an existing home theater system
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- can send Dolby Atmos® audio to the TV's speakers, or to an A/V receiver via HDMI/eARC, when using the TV's HDMI inputs or built-in streaming apps
- backlit Voice Remote with built-in microphone for voice commands
- a separate far-field microphone for voice commands is built into the TV
- dimensions: 66-7/8"W x 38-7/8"H x 14-1/8"D with stand; 66-1/4"W x 38-1/2"H x 3-3/8"D without stand
- weight: 110 lbs. with stand; 105.6 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 66-7/8"W x 14-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XBR75Z8H
What's in the box:
- 75" LED-LCD TV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RMF-TX500U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Six M5x12mm screws (lock and flat washers attached)
- 2 Pedestal feet covers
- 2 Back cover panels
- 4 Cable-ties
- Setup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Safety and Regulatory Booklet
- End User License Agreement
- Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" note
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Sony XBR-75Z8H reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XBR-75Z8H
Features & specs
Network & USB Functions
Remote, Voice, & App Control
8K Technology: With 7680x4320 pixels, Sony's 8K technology powered by their acclaimed X1 Ultimate processor gives you 4x the resolution of 4K for an incredibly immersive viewing experience. Your movies, TV shows, and pictures will fill your field of view with extraordinary depth, detail, and texture. The television uses exclusive Sony 8K technologies to give you the best picture you can imagine no matter what content you are watching.
- Connect 8K supported HDMI devices to the HDMI 4 Input only (the other HDMI inputs do not support 8K).
- Native 8K content based on current 8K streaming, connectivity and decoding standards. Future and certain 3rd party standards not guaranteed or may require additional device/adapter purchase.
- Currently native 8K video signals are not available for Sony Android TV apps over a network connection.
Picture Processor X1 Ultimate: Moving from film to TV requires content to be digitally compressed, which affects picture quality. What the creator sees during shooting is encoded before transmission to the television, then decoded and converted so it can be displayed on the panel. Sony's Picture Processor X1 Ultimate minimizes image deterioration during this process utilizing the following technologies. While developing Picture Processor X1 Ultimate, Sony followed a 'not one bit lost' philosophy. Signals are processed at ultra-high bit rates, then restored to their original quality. High-precision components in the signal processor help preserve detail across the whole image for TV ultimate realism and visual expression. With unmatched processing power, the Picture Processor X1 Ultimate detects hundreds of different objects on-screen and intelligently enhances brightness, detail and color so everything you watch is clear, bright and incredibly realistic.
- Object-Base Super Resolution: Object-based Super Resolution technology detects individual objects in a picture and preserve detail on-screen. Hundreds of objects are identified and their resolution individually enhanced to give a picture of exceptional accuracy and detail.
- Super Bit Mapping 8K HDR: Super Bit Mapping 8K HDR creates a smoother, more natural picture by minimizing its color banding. With 14-bit powerful signal processing, it breaks up the solid bands of color of an 8-bit or 10-bit source, up-converting to 14-bit equivalent gradation, with 64x more color levels. It delivers graceful reproduction of faces, sunsets, and other areas of subtle color. It creates smooth, natural 8K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
- Precision Color Mapping: Precision Color Mapping independently analyzes every scene and pixel so the perfect shade and tone are applied dynamically for rich, natural colors. It enhances and optimizes colors individually and finely in real time. It controls every color perfectly for rich and natural results.
- Object-Based HDR ReMaster: With Object-based HDR reMaster, the color in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted; unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are reMastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures, and more realistic pictures. By analyzing the objects in each scene individually, Object-based HDR reMaster optimizes and enhances color and contrast. It brings everything you watch closer to the quality of HDR. Dark elements get darker, bright elements brighter, and everything in between is more accurately lit, for realism in every scene never-before-possible on our TVs. You'll see contours on mountains, hidden textures on flowers, depth in clouds, and wildlife has the contrast and color of nature, for a more natural and realistic picture on screen.
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancer: The Dynamic Contrast Enhancer optimizes the range of brightness frame-by-frame according to what's happening on screen to reproduce deeper blacks, brighter whites, and more video color.
8K X-Reality Pro w/ Dual Database Processing: Simply upscaling from a 2K or 4K signal to 8K will not achieve the exceptionally high quality standards of 8K, creating the need for dedicated 8K upscaling technology. Sony's 8K X-Reality PRO upscaling technology meets this need with an exclusive 8K dual database system. Patterns in scenes are analyzed and enhanced in real-time using dual database processing to find the most accurate texture and character for incredibly detailed, close-to-true 8K pictures. Pictures are sharpened and refined in real time, revealing details in the architecture of the building that were previously difficult to see.
- Noise Reduction Database: The Noise Reduction database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. Compressed noise is identified by the database, which includes "before and after" data on what a picture should look like and removes the compressed picture noise.
- Upscaling Database: The Upscaling database is used to upscale the resolution to 8K, improving clarity. The upscaling database also includes "before and after" data, which is used to upscale the signal and create a more realistic picture.
Sony Proprietary "X" Technolgies: The Sony Ultra-HD 4K TV utilizes proprietary Sony "X" technolgies to create a picture with dynamic contrast, smooth motion, and a wide viewing angle.
- 8K X-tended Dynamic Range Pro: Generating brightness on an 8K panel can be difficult due to its low transmission rate. This 8K TV precisely balances light output across the screen to ensure scenes are full of breathtaking contrast. With zones of LEDs lit independently, the Full Array LED provides more realistic contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker. Contrast is further enhanced by 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO, which adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow.
- X-Motion Clarity: On some screens, sports and fast action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. Sony's latest X-Motion Clarity technology keeps everything smooth, bright and clear. Each "blink" is individually controlled and its duration optimized, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won't miss a thing. X-Motion Clarity technology keeps fast action smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimize blur. Even during high speed scenes, pictures stay true with no loss in brightness.
- X-Wide Angle: Sony's X-Wide Angle panel ensures colors stay true from wherever you're watching; you'll see pictures that are bright and clear from any angle. Now, watching TV from the sides is as satisfying as from the center. The TV's screen is also edged with a slim, narrow, 4-sided frame that maximizes the viewing area.
Color Enhancement: The Sony 8K TV utilizes proprietary color enhancement technologies to produce vivid, lifelike color.
- TRILUMINOS Display: Unique to Sony, a TRILUMINOS Display with its specially developed backlight selectively maps colors across a wider gamut, ensuring subtle colors do not become oversaturated and unnatural. You'll enjoy vivid, authentic images that evoke the emotion in every scene. TRILUMINOS Display uses a wider color spectrum than a conventional flat-panel TV display. A TRILUMINOS Display excels at reproducing reds, greens, and blues; colors that are notoriously difficult for TVs to display accurately. It also displays skin tones beautifully, thanks to its extensive color palette and precise gradation.
- Live Color Technology: Powered by an image processor using an algorithm specially developed by Sony, Live Color is able to reproduce incredibly vivid colors on screen. With four user-adjustable settings available (High/Medium/Low/Off), you can choose just how vivid you want your images to be. Whether it's a brilliant blue sky or a bright red rose, everything stands out so much more with Live Color.
HDMI 2.1/2.0: The Sony 8K TV is outfitted with a total of four HDMI inputs. There is one HDMI 2.1 input (HDMI 4) and three HDMI 2.0b inputs (HDMI 1/2/3). The HDMI 2.1 input will support up to 8K, while the HDMI 2.0b inputs will only support up to 4k. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view 8K or 4K content.
- Supported Resolutions: All four HDMI inputs will support 4096×2160p (24/60Hz), 3840×2160p (24/3060Hz), 1080p (24/30/60/120Hz), 1080i (60Hz), 720p (30/60Hz), 720p, 480p, and a variety of PC Formats. The HDMI 4 input will also support 7680×4320p (24/30Hz) and 3840×2160p (120Hz).
- HDCP 2.3: HDCP 2.3 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K and 8K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 (8-bit) chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K (30/60fps) video. 4:2:2 (8-bit) and 4:2:0 (10-bit) are also supported by all HDMI inputs for 4K (60fps) video signals. 8K and 4K (120fps) video only support up to 4:2:0 (8-bit) color subsampling. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Note: In addition to HDMI connectivity, there is also a 3.5mm AV input for connection of an analog audio/video component. This connection supports 480i video signals only. There are no standard composite or component video inputs
HDR (High Dynamic Range): High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, regardless of resolution, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. Movies and TV shows in HDR are closer to the original recording and the director's vision with more brightness, contrast and color, for a truly lifelike viewing experience.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended.
Note: Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view HDR content.
Automatic Ambient Optimization: Sony's unique ambient optimization technology automatically adjusts the picture to your room's ambient lightning. On conventional TVs, brightness stays the same regardless of light in a room, resulting in pictures that are too dark or bright. The Sony TV includes an embedded light sensor that optimizes picture brightness to room conditions, boosting brightness in light rooms and reducing it in dark ones, so you get the perfect view. The TV's built-in Light Sensor automatically adjusts the picture brightness based on the amount of light in the room. As a result, you can enjoy automatic customized picture brightness and save energy without lifting a finger. The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes.
Picture Adjustments: The TV offers a variety of screen, picture, and video adjustments to maximize image quality.
- Screen Modes: The Screen Modes feature allows you to select the screen display which fits the current video image and TV screen best. Choose from Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom, or Auto Wide. Based on the original signal source, you may see black bars around the picture or just on the both sides of the screen. Sometimes you will see the picture fill the full screen.
- Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes - Standard, Vivid, Cinema, Game, Graphics, Photo, Custom, or Dolby Vision (Bright or Dark).
- Advanced Video Settings: The Advanced Video Settings menu offers further adjustment of the TV's video image.
- Brightness: You can increase or decrease the brightness of an image by adjusting the TV's Brightness (luminance level), Contrast (white level), Gamma (light & dark balance), Black Level, and Black Adjust (stronger contrast).
- Color: You can tailor the color of an image by adjusting the TV's Color (saturation level), Hue (green & red tones), Color Temperature (white balance), and Color Space (color reproduction range).
- Clarity: You can improve the clarity of an image by adjusting the TV's Sharpness (picture detail), Reality Creation (increases clarity), Resolution (increases detail), Smooth Gradation (prevents false contours) and Noise reduction (removes random & digital noise).
- Motion: Activate Sony's Motionflow technology to reduce motion blur and judder. CineMotion provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content (24fps), like Blu-ray & DVD.
IMAX Enhanced Technology: Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with IMAX Enhanced; the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. This new certification and licensing program combines IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies to offer a new level of quality in immersive sight and sound experiences in the home. IMAX Enhanced lets you experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX, so you can watch the highest-quality 4K movies with immersive audio delivered by DTS. Not only will IMAX Enhanced content look and sound amazing, but other audio/video content will also look and sound great too.
- Remastered 4K/HDR Video: It utilizes a sophisticated, advanced algorithm designed to produce the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images. This advanced process accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker's guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher quality, higher brightness 4K HDR display format. Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres will also include an expanded aspect ratio for the film's home release to show your more picture on your TV. IMAX Enhanced certified TVs must be at least 65" with support for HDR10 and dynamic, as well as specific calibration, resolution, color, brightness, contrast, and scale of image capabilities.
- Remastered DTS:X Audio: IMAX and DTS will also partner with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers to use a special variant of its DTS:X codec technology integrated in home audio equipment to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience that is dynamic, immersive, theatrical, and powerful. IMAX Enhanced supports both 5.1 and 11.1 formats, but the recommended speaker layout for an IMAX Enhanced system is 7.2.4 with seven horizontal speakers, two subwoofers and four height speakers; 5.1.4 is the minimum layout for IMAX Enhanced. However, due to various constraints you may opt to install only a 5.1ch speaker system. In such cases, DTS Virtual:X is required to properly render and remap audio to the available speakers.
- Available IMAX Content: IMAX is working with its global studio and other content partners to build a steady stream of IMAX Enhanced versions of movies and other programming using the newest, proprietary post-production process developed by IMAX. IMAX will be announcing and releasing IMAX Enhanced versions of a wide range of films both for 4K/HDR streaming and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs.
- To take full advantage of IMAX Enhanced, you need an IMAX Enhanced certified 4K/HDR TV (65"-up) or Projector and an IMAX Enhanced certified DTS:X enabled AV receiver or soundbar.
- IMAX and DTS developed the IMAX Enhanced program out of their decades of combined expertise in image and sound science to make it easier for consumers to select the products and content that will deliver the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images and powerful, immersive sound at home.
- To qualify and carry the IMAX Enhanced logo, the highest-end TVs, AV receivers, projectors, and sound bars must meet stringent performance standards established by IMAX, DTS and Hollywood's leading colorists in order to create a consistent and higher bar for image and sound performance on premium devices.
Netflix Calibrated Mode: Netflix has been actively investing in the production of original programming using the latest video image standards, and has developed Netflix Calibrated Mode in conjunction with Sony to ensure picture quality preservation. This mode was specially developed to reproduce the same picture quality as a studio evaluation Master for television in order to preserve the filmmaker's vision and intent.
CaIMAN Ready (by SpectraCal): To address color variations from the production process, the Sony 8K TV is ready to use Portrait Displays' high-performance CalMAN auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity color reproduction that's true to the original TV signal and can adapt to the subtlest changes in color that may occur over time. The Sony TV is CalMAN ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with profaessional-grade color calibrated accuracy in the home.
Note: Addition gear is required to use the CalMAN auto-calibration software - including a Windows PC (running the CaIMAN software), a SpectrCal C6 Colorimeter (or equivalent), and a Pattern Generator.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): The PIP (Picture-in-Picture) function lets you watch the TV's over-the-air tuner or an HDMI source input in a small window on-screen, while viewing an Android TV app (like Netflix or Amazon).
Built-In HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Acoustic Multi-Audio: Sound-positioning tweeters optimize the location of sound on the screen so you hear precisely controlled, high-quality audio from the right part of the scene. Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. Sony's Acoustic Multi-Audio technology includes two sound-positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience. Independent amps are controlled separately to precisely manage sound positioning of these speakers in high tone areas, enhancing sound pressure and stability for more realism.
TV Center Speaker Mode: You can use the Sony 8K TV as a center speaker and hear dialog, vocals and instruments with exceptional clarity. Simply connect your AV receiver's center channel speaker output to the binding post terminals on back of the the Sony Master Series TV to transform it into a high-quality center speaker. And thanks to Sony's Acoustic Surface Audio+ technology, you'll hear every word and note from movies and concerts directly from the screen. The TV's center speaker is rated at 8-ohms and 100 watts.
Auto Sound Tuning: Sound experience can change depending on your room environment. For example, curtains absorb sound, while objects in front of the TV can disturb the passage of sound, compromising the quality of what you hear. The Sony 4K 8K TV detects objects using the microphone that is built into the included remote and reproduces sound that's enhanced and optimized to your room. Simply hold the remote at chest level in your main seated position and activate auto sound tuning in the TV's menu (only takes a few seconds to setup). The speakers of this TV also provide different sound imaging according to how you position the television. You can select between "Table-Top Stand" or "Wall Mount" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
Sony Sound Technologies: The Sony 8K TV utilizes a variety of proprietary Sony technologies to enhance and optimize sound quality.
- S-Force Front Surround: S-Force Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum; using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
- Clear Phase: Sony uses a powerful computer model to analyze and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by "sampling" the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response; resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Other Audio Settings: The Sony 8K TV also features several audio settings to help tailor the sound to your preference, application, and source.
- Sound Modes: You can choose between six Sound Modes - Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, and Dolby Audio
- Equalizer: The TV is equipped with a 7-band EQ (125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz). You can adjust the level of each band between -12 to +12 dB.
- Voice Zoom: The Voice Zoom feature makes voices clearer by lowering background sound.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume function keeps the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements.
- Volume Level: You can adjust the volume level of the current input relative to other inputs.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Android TV apps can pass as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X; as well as 2ch, 5.1ch, and 7.1ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital, DTS, and 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Audio Outputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Sony 8K TV offers 3.5mm analog and optical digital audio outputs, as well as Bluetooth A2DP.
- Digital Audio (Dolby Digital/DTS): The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via RCA.
- Headphone/Analog Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog output can be used to connect a set of headphones or as an audio output to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
- Bluetooth A2DP: The TV supports Bluetooth A2DP, allowing you to stream audio from the television's built-in and connected sources to a Bluetooth-enabled set of headphones or speakers (only one headphone, one speaker, or one pair of speakers can be connected). Bluetooth headphone volume level can be controlled from both the TV's remote and headphones. AV Sync allows you to adjust the delay between the picture and sound. Sony doesn't guarantee compatibility with all models of Bluetooth headphones.
Note: You can setup the TV to output sound from the built-in speakers and the optical digital output (2ch PCM only). You cannot output sound from the TV speakers and other combinations of audio outputs.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony 8K TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection you gain access to Android TV and Google Play, as well as content stored on your network computer. You also get the ability to stream content from your Android or Apple iOS mobile device to the TV. In addition, the TV supports WiFi Direct for wireless connectivity between WiFi enabled devices without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The Sony TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer. A back cover has to be removed to access the Ethernet port.
- Built-in WiFi: The Sony TV offers built-in WiFi (802.11ac; 2.4/5GHz) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n or better recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Sony TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Sony recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition. 50Mbps or greater is recommended for 8K streaming (8K streaming is currently unavailable).
Android TV w/ Google Play: The Sony 8K Ultra-HD TV is equipped with Android's PIE (9.0) operating system and incorporates Android TV with access to a wide variety of apps from Google Play which have been optimized for playback on the big screen. Android TV gives you access to over 5,000 movie, music, sports, and other entertainment apps (subscription, rental, or purchase fees may apply). Click here to discover the full collection of Android TV Apps from Google Play. Not all Google Play apps will be Android TV compatible. More applications and streaming services will be available in the future. Popular apps include -
- Movies & TV Shows: The Sony 8K Ultra-HD TV supports the new HEVC/H.265 and VP9 codecs that are needed for a variety of current and forthcoming 4K & 4K HDR video services - like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Vudu, YouTube, Google Play Movies/TV, PlayStation Video, FandangoNow, and other providers. You can also watch standard definition and high definition movies and TV shows from Hulu, HBO, Starz, ShowTime, and more. In addition, you get live TV programming from PlayStation Vue & Sling Television; as well as on-demand network content ABC, FOX, & NBC.
- Music & Radio: You'll be able to listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Deezer, YouTube Music, and more.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Get scores, news, and highlights from ESPN, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB.TV, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and more. You'll also get news and weather infromation from CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, AccuWeather, and The Weather Network.
- Games: Download select video games from Google Play and play them on the big screen without the need for any game console. You can connect up to four wireless gamepads (sold separately) for multi-player gaming. Google Play Games even syncs your progress and achievements across your devices, so you can start playing on your Android smartphone or tablet and then move to the Sony TV when you get home.
- Currently native 8K video signals are not available for Sony Android TV apps over a network connection. However, standard-defintion, high-defintion and ultra high-defintion network content will be upscaled to 8K.
- 4K & 4K HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. 50Mbps or greater is recommended for 8K streaming (8K streaming is currently unavailable).
- A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K streaming.
- Make sure the Sony television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Chromecast built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android (OS 4.4.2+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device to the Sony TV. Now you can cast your favorites movies or TV shows (on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Google Play, HBO Now, PlayStation Vue and more); your favorite music and radio stations (on Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, YouTube Music, and more); Sports highlights (on ESPN, NBC, CBS, and more); plus photos & videos (on YouTube, Google Photos, and more) from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Sony TV. For a list of all compatible Chromecast Built-in apps click here.
Apple Certification: The Sony TV offers support for Apple TV (available firmware upadte) and AirPlay 2, so you can enjoy your iTune Movies & TV shows, as well as mirror your Apple iOS device on the TV.
- Apple TV: The Sony TV now offers Apple TV (available firmware update) with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Sony TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies).
- AirPlay 2: With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Sony TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
TVWeb Browser: The TVWeb Browser is a free Web browser tool for Android TV. You can see entertainment, music, news, and media content such as that seen on your computer, on the Sony TV using the included remote control. The TVWeb Browser for TV has the following features - Audio search, Bookmarks feature, Browsing history, User switching, Search engine selection, and Pointer display function.
Media Streaming: The Sony TV allows you to stream a variety of audio, video, and photo content from USB mass storage class devices and DLNA certified devices. Compatible media formats include MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC music files, MPEG/MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV/Xvid/WMA video files, and JPEG photo files.
- DLNA Certified: DLNA certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as photo , music, and video files stored on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server/Android device) on the Sony HDTV. The TV can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or WiFi connection (via built-in WiFi). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
- Triple USB Ports: The Sony TV features three USB type-A ports (two 2.0/one 3.0) for sharing your photos or videos, and listening to music from a connected USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) compliant device that is formatted in FAT 16/32, exFAT, or NTFS. Even 4K photos & videos that you've downloaded to your USB-enabled device can be played back on the TV in Ultra-HD 4K. The USB ports will also charge your connected devices (max: 5V, 500mA/900mA). An external HDD (hard disk drive) may require a separate external power supply.
Automatic Software Updates: Automatic software updates are done through the TV's Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. The TV's software updates when the television is in standby mode. Visit the Sony eSupport site for the latest software updates.
Backlit Remote Control: The remote offers soft push-button control and features a built-in mic for voice recognition. The built-in microphone provides voice control of select Android TV functions through the built-in Google Assistant. The remote even has dedicated Google Play & Netflix buttons, so you can access your Netflix movies and TV shows quicker. Its integrated backlight lets you easily control the TV in the dark. The remote control operates the TV via Bluetooth, but can also be programmed to operate cable boxes and satellite receivers via IR. In addition, the TV is compatible with universal IR remote controls (such as the Logitech Harmony - sold separately).
Digital Voice Assistant Control: The Sony 8K TV will support voice control of select functions through the built-in Google Assistant & optional Amazon Alexa enabled devices via a wireless network connection.
- Google Assistant: The Sony TV supports the Google Assistant through its Android operating system and the TV's built-in far-field mic or the included IR remote's built-in mic. You can simply trigger the Google Assistant by saying "Ok Google" into the TV's far-field microphone or by pressing the mic button on the remote and then speaking into the microphone after hearing an audible prompt. You can ask the Google Assistant to turn volume up/down, change channels and inputs, search content on select built-in Android TV apps, and control basic playback functions. In addition to TV voice commands, you can use the Google Assistant to control connected smart home devices and other Google Home enabled devices. The Google Assistant can also be used to find answers for many of your daily questions through Google's advanced search engine. The TV also supports voice control through the Google Home family of wireless speakers (sold separately - see Accessories tab) and other Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
- Amazon Alexa: Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo family of speakers, sold separately - see Accessories tab) will be able to control key functions of the Sony TV. With this new feature you can simply use your voice to turn the Sony TV on or off, change channels, change inputs, control volume, and control playback functions of select streaming content. Click here for setup instructions.
Remote Apps: The Sony 8K TV offers remote control capability through your Android or Apple iOS device via the Android TV Remote App or Sony's Video & TV SideView Remote App. Apple iPad users can even use the Spotlight by Samba TV app with the Sony 8K TV to get content recommendations.
- Android TV Remote: The Android TV Remote App (for Android OS 4.0+ and Apple iOS 9.0+) lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote to control the Sony television's Android TV functions. Easily navigate content and play games on your compatible Android TV device. The remote app offers voice search and an on-screen keyboard, giving you full control of Android TV from your smartphone or tablet. Simply tap the on-screen mic button to start a voice search, or use the keyboard to input text on Android TV. If you know what you want to watch, just say it into your smartphone or tablet's microphone and the Sony television will find it within its Android TV and Google Play applications.
- Video & TV SideView Remote: With the free Sony Video & TV SideView App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can control the Sony TV and browse its content from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The Video & TV SideView App will allow your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to act as a remote control and software keyboard for the Sony TV. You'll be able to search what's available to watch on broadcast stations and video on-demand apps. You can even pull up the TV's channel guide on your smartphone or tablet without interfering with the what you're watching on the TV. You also get to learn more about the show you're watching right now, like cast and episode details. In addition, you can tweet about what you're watching from your mobile device or see what fellow fans are tweeting about in real time.
- Spotlight by Samba TV App: The Spotlight by Samba TV app (for Apple iPad iOS 9.0+) offers tailor-made ads, notifications and behind the scenes info about your favorite shows and actors on your compatible Apple iPad device. The Spotlight by Samba TV synchronizes the experience you have on your tablet with what you're watching on TV, to suggest new appealing content.
Smarthome Control: The Sony 8K TV can be integrated with smarthome devices that are compatible with Google Assistant (built-in), Apple HomeKit (sold separately), and Harmony Hub (sold separately). Smarthome control requires that the Sony TV and all compatible devices be connected to the same WiFi wireless network.
- Google Assistant: The Sony TV's built-in microphone or the microphone on the included remote allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to control Google smarthome products (including Philips Hue & Nest) throughout your home. You can even view your Google smarthome compatible doorbell camera on the Sony TV's big screen.
- Apple HomeKit: Apple HomeKit lets you easily and securely control smarthome products using the Apple Home app or by asking Siri on your Apple iOS devices. The Sony TV can be added to the Apple Home app and included in scenes or automations with other HomeKit accessories. For example, you can create a "Movie Night" scene in the Home app to easily turn on your TV and dim the lights, and simply ask Siri to launch the scene. However, the Sony TV cannot be used to control your Apple HomeKit devices.
- Optional Harmony Hub: Enjoy home automation control directly from the Sony Android TV, via the Logitech Harmony Hub (596HMNYHUB, sold separately). Everything from lights (including Phillips Hue), thermostats (including Nest) and security cameras, to other home entertainment systems can now be controlled at the push of a button on the Sony TV's remote control.
Bravia Sync: This TV is equipped with Bravia Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. Bravia Sync helps you connect compatible Sony Bravia HDMI equipment, such as a Blu-ray player or AV amplifier, to the TV and control the external equipment using the television's remote control. With the "Control for HDMI" function, Bravia Sync helps to communicate with Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Bravia Sync-compatible equipment is listed as a new input source in the television's menu. The television offers the following Bravia Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player: Automatically turns the BRAVIA Sync-compatible device on and switches the input to that device when you select it from the Home Menu or Sync Menu. Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected device when the device starts to play
- AV Amplifier: Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on; this function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound. Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on. Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control.
- Video Camera: Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected video camera when the connected video camera is turned on. Automatically turns the connected video camera off when you switch the TV to standby mode. Controls menu operation, playback, and channel selection of the connected video camera through the TV's remote
Note: Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) is only available for the connected Sony equipment that has the Bravia Sync logo.
PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller (sold separately): If you have a Sony PlayStation 4, your DualShock 4 controller can become the TV's remote by downloading the BRAVIA TV Player app on your PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Store. You'll also be able to control your PlayStation 4's on-screen user interface with the TV's remote.
Keyboard/Mouse Compatible: You can connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) to the television for easier web browsing. You can move the cursor with the mouse and enter text with a compatible keyboard. Not all web-based apps support keyboard/mouse control.
Serial Port: You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Content Search: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and Android TV apps.
- Program Guide: You can quickly find your preferred programs and the detailed program information. The current program information and weekly program guides for the next eight days are provided.
- Featured & Recommendations: Featured content & personal recommendations from Google Play, YouTube and many of your other apps appear automatically in the TV's home screen. So if you are having trouble figuring out what to watch, let Sony's Android TV recommend something for you and the family to watch.
- Voice Search: Simply activate the Voice Search function through the included remote control and built-in Google Assistant or the Android TV App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone/tablet. If you know what you want to watch, just say it into the device's microphone and the Sony television will find it within its Android TV and Google Play applications.
- Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows, movies, and music across Android TV apps. Simply enter in the track title, album name, or movie title.
Quick Settings: By pressing the "Quick Settings" button on the remote, a menu appears and provides quick access to the functions that are available for the currently displayed screen, such as picture adjustment, sound adjustment, volume adjustment for the connected device (such as headphones), and display/audio change. The items in the menu differ depending on the selected screen.
Input Management: You can display, hide, and change the name of the TV's HDMI and AV inputs. You can change the name of an input to a preset name (such as Blu-ray, Cable, Game, etc); or choose a custom name. You can also choose to hide inputs that are not used, so they won't show up on-screen when you are navigating your inputs.
Netflix Recommended: This Sony TV is a Netflix Recommended TV. This is due to the fact that it offers a unique feature set which makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy. The Sony TV has an Instant On feature so the TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away. In addition, the TV turns on and launches Netflix with one press of the Netflix button on the included IR remote. Online apps, including Netflix, can resume quickly and return where you left off. Its Android TV interface and operating system enables easy navigation and switching between apps and inputs.
Samba Interactive TV: Samba Interactive TV enhances the Sony TV by enabling new features like interest-based advertisements, program notifications, and behind the scenes information about your favorite shows and actors. Similar to apps like the Spotlight App (for Apple iOS), Samba Interactive TV synchronizes your experience on your tablet with what you are watching on the TV, and unlocks exclusive content and features.
- Samba TV uses mainstream TV shows, commercials, and movies to provide interest-based advertisements. Samba TV looks at content from video sources connected to your TV, such as your Blu-ray Disc player or set-top box, etc (the TV's Internal Internet App content isn't currently included). Samba TV doesn't gather any information about your personal videos or non-mainstream internet video you watch on your TV.
- Samba TV technology is designed to anonymously analyze statistical data captured from the video content you watch. Then, it provides interest-based advertisements, special offers, and new interactive features based on your viewing habits. No images of what's on the screen ever leaves the TV, and your viewing profile used for interest-based advertisements is associated with your TV, and not with you personally.
Notes: You can choose to "Enable" or "Disable" the Samba Interactive TV feature during the television's initial setup. Samba TV will clear your current viewing profile and prepare a new profile if you reset your advertising profile or do a TV factory reset in the television's system menu.
Power Management Functions: This Sony TV incorporates advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor Technology, Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for approximately 15 minutes.
Timers: The Sony TV offers a TV timer and Sleep timer. The TV Timer turns on the television from the standby mode at a time you set, and tunes to a channel or input of your preference. The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. You can also block specific channels. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password. You can also block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
Pedestal Feet w/ Cable Management: The Sony TV comes with two pedestal feet that can be positioned differently for two different footprint widths (66.875" or 24.625"). All of your cables can be neatly channeled into the pedestal feet and up to the back of the TV for a clean, professional looking installation. The pedestal feet and TV do not swivel. The TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached. The television weighs 110 lbs with the pedestal feet attached.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The television can be wall mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded screw inserts that are spaced 400mm (h) x 400mm (v) apart. The threaded inserts will accept M6 (6mm) screws. The TV screen is edged with a slim, narrow aluminum frame that maximizes the viewing area and looks beautiful on your wall. The TV weighs 105.6 lbs without the pedestal feet.Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 11.875" above the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power which plugs into the back of the TV and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The IEC connector that plugs into the back of the TV fits flush with the rear-panel of the TV. The straight two-prong AC connector that plugs into an AC power outlet will protrude 1.625" from the wall.