About the Sony AIR-SA10
Sony's AIR-SA10 powered speaker gives you an easy and affordable multi-room audio solution when you pair it with a compatible Sony A/V receiver or home theater system. Sony's proprietary wireless technology transmits audio signals from the receiver in one room to this powered speaker in another you just need to plug the speaker into a power outlet.
You can listen for a television show to restart while you fold laundry during the commercials in another room, or listen to music in a bedroom or basement while a friend enjoys a surround sound movie in the main home theater room. Expand your system with up to ten total AIR-SA10 speakers for music throughout your house.
- multi-room receiver/speaker for select Sony BRAVIA® home theater systems
- uses Sony's S-AIR technology for easy wireless setup
- expand your system with up to 10 total wireless speakers
- 4 watts x 2 (RMS)
- one-line LCD display
- select from four sources on your BRAVIA system: AM/FM tuner, CD/DVD, Digital Media port (for iPod® dock or PC music player), or aux input
- includes a clock/timer/sleeper function
- plugs into AC wall-outlet for power
- 11-7/8"W x 5-1/4"H x 4-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AIRSA10
What's in the box:
- Wireless Multi-Room Receiver
- EZW-RT10 wireless transceiver
- Operating Instructions (English)
- Operating Instructions (Spanish)
- Limited Warranty inforamtion
Sony AIR-SA10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony AIR-SA10
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||2.56|
|Woofer Composition||Paper laminate|
|Frequency Response||300-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
S-AIR (Sony Audio Interactive Radio Frequency): The Sony AIR-SA10 Wireless Speaker System utilizes S-AIR technology for multi-zone operation. S-AIR technology is designed for radio transmission of digital audio signals with no compression. This technology transfer digital audio signal with no compression using the 2.4GHz band range of ISM band, such as wireless LANs and Bluetooth applications.
Compatibility: The Sony AIR-SA10 Wireless Speaker System is compatible with select Sony components that feature S-AIR capabilities such as the following Sony Home Theater Systems - DAV-HDX275, DAV-HDX277WC, DAV-HDX279W, and DAV-HDX576WF.
S-AIR Multi-Room Receiver (AIR-SA10): The S-AIR Multi-Room Receiver allows you to listen to the audio played back from a compatible Sony S-AIR audio/video component in another room of your home using a wireless 2.4GHz frequency connection. The S-AIR Multi-Room Receiver can receive audio from different sources and inputs of your Sony S-AIR compatible component including AM, FM, DVD, TV/Video Input, Audio Input, and DMPORT. The unit features two 65mm full-range drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure powered by an internal 4 watt x 2-channel amplifier with separate volume control. The Multi-Room Receiver also features a front-panel LCD display and top-panel controls.
Note: The AIR-SA10 is a receiver and can only receive audio from compatible S-AIR compatible components and cannot transmit audio to other S-AIR compatible components.
S-AIR Wireless Transceiver (EZW-RT10): The supplied S-AIR wireless transceiver (EZW-RT10) simply plugs into the back of the AIR-SA10 Multi-Room Receiver. This allows the AIR-SA10 to wirelessly receive audio signals from a compatible S-AIR Sony component in another room of your home. The Sony S-AIR component will also need a wireless transceiver (158EZWT100, sold separately) inserted into its chassis.
S-AIR Mode: Many compatible Sony S-AIR components allow you to set the AIR-SA10 to one of two audio playback modes. (This function will be found on your compatible Sony S-AIR component and not the AIR-SA10 multi-room receiver.
- Party: In this mode, the S-AIR Multi-Room Receiver outputs the sound according to the functions set on your Sony S-AIR compatible component.
- Separate: In this mode, you can set the desired audio function for the AIR-SA10 Multi-Room Receiver separate from your Sony S-AIR compatible component.
- Standby Mode: In this mode, you can still listen to just the AIR-SA10 Multi-Room Receiver while the Sony S-AIR component is in standby mode.
Controls: The multi-room receiver features its own volume controls and offers playback controls for your compatible Sony S-AIR component. You can control basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Stop, or Track/Chapter/File search on compatible Sony S-AIR systems that feature a built-in DVD/CD player. The unit also allows you to select AM/FM stations from your saved presets on compatible Sony components which feature a built-in AM/FM tuner (you cannot search the entire AM/FM band from the multi-room receiver). This unit does not allow control of any device connected through a Sony component's DMPORT, TV/Video Input or Audio Input.
Headphone Output: In addition to the unit's built-in speakers, the AIR-SA10 features a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone output. This allows you to listen to the audio transmitted from your compatible Sony component to the multi-room receiver privately. The unit's speakers are muted when you connect a set of headphones.
Timers: The unit offer two timer functions - Sleep Timer and Play Timer.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to fall asleep to music while the unit automatically shuts off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 , 70, 80 or 90 minutes.
- Play Timer: This function allows you to wake up to the sound of the connected S-AIR main unit through the multi-room receiver at a preset time.
Power Supply: The AIR-SA10 receiver operates off of standard 120-volt house hold current and must be plugged into an AC wall-outlet.