About the Sony CDX-565MXRF
Add MP3-playback to any FM car radio with Sony's CDX-565MXRF! This 10-disc add-on CD changer has MP3 decoding, so you can load a mix of regular CDs and MP3 discs for hours (even days!) of uninterrupted playback. The cool-looking wired control panel displays track/disc number, time, MP3 tags, and CD Text information.
Is your system sounding a little anemic? D-Bass bumps up the bass response in two levels so you can pinpoint the right amount of thump. 12-second Advanced Electronic Shock Protection makes skipping a thing of the past.
The FM modulator (that converts the CD audio into FM) is built into the chassis so there's one less thing to install. A wireless remote is included.
Antenna adapters might be required if you haven't already done so, please enter your vehicle information (click on "What Fits My Car?" above) and we'll include them free with your order (if needed).Details:
- 9 modulation frequencies
- built-in FM modulator simplifies installation
- slim line wired remote/display
- display features a jog/shuttle ring for ease of use and speedy MP3 file access
- plays MP3 files on CD-R or CD-RW, plus audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- displays ID3 tag and CD Text information
- 5 selectable output levels
- 12-second Advanced Electronic Shock Protection
- wireless remote
- dimensions:(changer) 10-3/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 7-9/16"D; (display) 5-1/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 13/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 10-Disc CD changer
- XA-250 10-disc CD magazine
- RM-X84RF wireless remote
- RM-X83RF wired remote/display with attached 17.75' cable
- Relay box (16' RF input cable on one side and 17.75" antenna output cable on the other side)
- 16' Power wiring harness with 3 amp in-line fuse and attached 3.25' ground wire
- 2 Plastic mounting brackets
- 1 Double-sided adhesive strip (for mounting display)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws (each one has one flat washer and one lock washer)
- Operating instructions
- Installation/Connections sheet
- Warning sheet
- Warranty sheet.
Sony CDX-565MXRF reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CDX-565MXRF
Built-In FM Modulator: For increased installation flexibility, the FM modulator has been integrated into the CD changer.
Transmitting Frequencies: The modulator has 9 FM transmitting frequencies. You can select the following transmitting frequencies from the wired remote/display: 88.3, 88.5, 88.7, 88.9, 89.1, 89.3, 89.5, 89.7, or 89.9MHz.
D-Bass with Auto Level Adjust: D-bass uses a sharper curve than standard loudness controls to give you more bass without interfering with mids and highs. Besides "D-bass off", there is D-bass 1, and 2, each of which gives you progressively more bass. As the volume level is increased, the D-bass level is automatically reduced to ensure the bass boost doesn't overpower your speakers at high volumes.
Shuffle Play: There are three shuffle play modes: "SHUF-DISC" mode plays all tracks on the current disc in random order. "SHUF-CHGR" mode plays all the discs in random order. "SHUF-ALBM" mode plays all tracks on the current album (MP3 file) in random order.
Repeat Play: There are three repeat modes: "REP-TRACK" mode repeats the current track. "REP-DISC" mode repeats the current disc. "REP-ALBM" mode repeats the current album (MP3 folder).
Adjustable Output Level: The output level can be changed to match the FM level and can be set to one of 5 levels.
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off while a CD is playing, the next time the unit is turned on, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
Mounting: This unit may be installed vertically, horizontally, or at an angle between 0 and 90 degrees.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play constant and variable bit rate MP3 files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo in the expansion format or in Multi Session. During MP3 playback, the following functions are available:
- Folder up/down
- File up/down
- File audible search
- Direct Album Search: using the supplied remote control, you can directly access discs
- Direct File Selection: using the supplied remote control, you can directly access files
- File Repeat Play: repeats the current file
- Folder Repeat Play: repeats the current folder
- Random Play: all files in a folder are played in random order
- Resume Play: if the unit is shut off while an MP3 CD is playing, the next time the unit is turned on, playback will resume from the point where it left off
Note: The elapsed time may not be displayed accurately when playing VBR (variable bit rate) MP3 files.
Controls On Wired Remote/Display:
- Play/Pause: Plays or pauses CD
- Disc+/Disc-: Allows you to cycle up/down through discs
- AMS <<>>: Allows you to skip up/down through tracks
- Off: Turns changer off. Note: if used in vehicle without accessory position on ignition switch, this unit must be turned off to avoid battery wear while engine is not running.
- List Button
Display: The display shows disc number, track number, elapsed time, repeat mode, shuffle mode, D-Bass indication, play indicator (spinning CD icon) and pause indicator (flashing CD icon).
Controls On Wireless Remote:
- D-Bass: Allows you to select D-bass 1, D-bass 2, or D-bass off
- +/- Buttons
- DSPL/SCRL: indication change/name scroll
- ALBM +/- Buttons: Skips to the next/previous album (MP3 folder)
- AMS/MANU: Automatic Music Sensor/manual search
- REP: Repeat play
- Disc +/-
- SHUF: Shuffle play
- 10 Track +/- Buttons: Skips forward or backwards 10 tracks.
Wired Remote/Display Dimensions: W=5.062", H=1.625", D=0.812" (D=1.187" including AMS knob)
Wireless Remote Dimensions: W=2.062", H=3.562", D=0.375"
- Power: 3-Pin male connector for supplied wiring harness
- Output: Female mini-jack output that accepts the connector on the RF input cable (attached to relay box)
- Display: 8-Pin female connector for wired remote/display
The Sony CDX-565MXRF replaces these items