About the Sony Xplod CDX-C5000X
CD changer controls let you add a Sony 6- or 10-disc CD or MD changer. Buy one with your receiver order and you'll save money with our package discount. With Custom File, you can title up to 110 discs and display CD Text from encoded CDs. Selectable D-Bass gives you three levels of bass boost (without affecting the mids and highs). The SSIR-EXA Adaptive Reception tuner automatically adjusts to changing radio conditions for top-notch reception. Remote controls are optional.
- detachable, fold-down face
- multicolor display
- SSIR-EXA Adaptive Reception tuner
- station naming
- source tone memory
- CD/MD/TV controls
- Custom File programming w/compatible changer
- cellular mute
- 2 sets of preamp outputs
- optional wired or wireless remote
- 19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 8 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer Controller receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- DIN side springs (for "E" mounting)
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Metal backstrap
- 1 Self-tapping screw (for backstrap)
- 1 machine screw (for backstrap)
- Operating instructions
- Installation/Connections sheet
- Warranty sheet
- "Sony Mobile" window sticker (6-7/8" x 2-9/16").
Sony Xplod CDX-C5000X reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony Xplod CDX-C5000X
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||19 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.1 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Display/Button Illumination: The main display line (which shows tuner frequency, track number, track time and text info), the D-Bass indicator and the menu navigation arrows (cross-key controls) are displayed with white illumination. The clock/source portion of the display, the CD in indicator, the repeat indicator and the shuffle indicator are displayed with red illumination. The D-Bass level is displayed with amber illumination. The D-Bass button is backlit with green illumination, and all other buttons are backlit with red illumination.
Dual Info Display: There is a portion of the display that can be set to show the source name (FM1, FM2, CD, etc) or the clock time while the main display line displays CD Text, the track number and elapsed time, or the tuner frequency. While the unit is playing, you can only view the clock when the Dual Info Display is turned on.
Motion Display: When the tuner is activated, the display will automatically switch back and forth between the radio frequency and a whirling graphic. When a CD is playing, the unit will cycle through the CD track number and elapsed track time, the CD Text disc name (if any) and the CD Text track title (if any), with the whirling graphic being displayed between each display change. The motion display can be turned off.
D-Bass with Auto Level Adjust: Instead of a standard loudness function, this unit has D-bass, which is controlled by a single button on the face of the unit. D-bass uses a sharper curve than standard loudness to give you more bass without interfering with mids and highs. Besides "off", there is D-Bass 1, 2 and 3, each of which give you progressively more bass. As the volume level is increased, the D-Bass level is automatically reduced to ensure the bass boost doesn't overpower your speakers at high volumes.
Rotary Encoder Control with Cross-Key Control: This unit is equipped with a rotary control that turns like a conventional knob (for volume, bass, treble etc) and cross-key buttons (for seek and manual tuning, track advance and track search, etc) for easy, intuitive operation. There are four cross-key buttons; the four buttons are located immediately above, below, to the left and to the right of the rotary encoder for convenient operation.
Flip-Down Face: The CD slot is located behind the flip-down face. The face is not motorized, so it must be manually pushed into it's viewing position after inserting/ejecting a CD.
CD Text Capable: When used with a CD Text CD, this unit will display the Disc Name, Artist Name and/or Track Name.
Station Memo: You can assign a name of up to 8 characters in length to each tuner preset station. Station Memos can be used with the List-up function to locate a station.
SSIR-EXA Adaptive Reception: The SSIR-EXA tuner is equipped with "Adaptive Reception". The Adaptive Reception feature has two (IF AUTO and WIDE) for optimizing FM reception. The "wide" mode decreases the tuner's selectivity but results in better frequency response. The auto mode automatically adjusts the tuner for a good balance between frequency response and minimum station-to-station interference. The Adaptive Reception feature cannot be turned off.
Source Tone Memory: Each source (AM/FM/CD) can store its own bass and treble levels.
Remote Compatibility: This receiver can be controlled by the optional wired rotary commander (item 158RMX4S) and optional wireless remote (item 158RMX91).
Attenuator/Mute: The attenuate/mute function is accessible only by remote (wired and wireless remotes sold separately).
Cellular Mute Lead: This unit is equipped with lead that mutes audio output when a cellular call is received; when the call is over, the audio level is automatically restored. To use this feature, you MUST have a cellular phone with a muting output that can be connected to the cellular mute lead.
Sound and Display Settings (can be changed by using the shift and set up button):
- Clock used to set clock
- Beep: turns on/off the beeps that unit normally makes when a function is selected. The beep sound is sent from the internal amplifier ONLY, not the preamp outputs.
- RM (Rotary Commander): changes the control direction of the optional remote so it corresponds to where the remote is mounted (left or right of steering column)
- D.INFO (Dual Information): used to display the clock and play mode at the same time or to display the information alternately (OFF)
- M.DSPL (Motion Display): turns the Motion Display on or off
- A.SCRL (Auto scroll): automatically scrolls a disc or track name from a CD/MD changer or the built-in CD player if the name exceeds 8 characters
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs and finalized CD-Rs, but it will not play CD-RW discs.
Control of Multiple Changers: A maximum of 5 CD changers, or a maximum of 5 MD changers may be connected to this receiver. When connecting CD and MD changers, you may connect up to a total of 7 changers (but there must not be more than 5 of one type of changer). When connecting more than one changer to this receiver, you must use item 158XAC30.
- Changer select
- Track +/-
- Disc +/-
- Track search +/-
- Shuffle-1: one random play disc (does not repeat tracks)
- Shuffle-2: plays track from all CDs in the selected changer (will repeat tracks)
- Shuffle-all: plays tracks from all connected changers in random order (will repeat tracks)
- Repeat-1: track repeat
- Repeat-2: disc repeat
- Custom File (FILE): for 110 discs (per changer). Assign up to an 8 character title per disc (Disc Memo). Assign "SKIP" OR "PLAY" to each track on the disc. A maximum of 24 tracks per disc can be set to "SKIP" and the disc must have a title first. After a disc has been given a custom title, you may search for the disc, by title, using the List function.
TV/Video: You can connect an optional Sony TV tuner and TV monitor to this unit. This unit will automatically memorize the strongest TV signals (up to 12 channels).You can store a name for each channel (up to 8 characters) and display it by using the list function (displays on the TV monitor). Disc info that is stored in memory and radio station names can be displayed on the TV monitor.