About the Sony CDX-L550X
Ready to rock? So is the Sony Xplod CDX-L550X CD receiver, with its 23.2 watts RMS (52 watts peak!) per channel! For maximum punch, precision-tune the sound contour with EQ7, providing 7 bands of equalization and 7 convenient EQ presets.
The fold-down detachable face features a large display for easy visibility. Sony's SSIR-EXA Adaptive Reception tuner provides outstanding radio reception with high selectivity. The handy Rotary Encoder centralizes most system adjustments. Wired or wireless remote controls are optional.Details:
- detachable, fold-down face
- two-color display
- Rotary Encoder
- Cross-key Control
- SSIR-EXA tuner
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- one set of preamp outputs
- EQ7 features 7 bands of EQ (+/-10 dB at 62, 157, 396, 1,000, 2,500, 6,300, and 16,000 Hz) and 7 EQ presets ("Vocal," "Club," "Jazz," "New Age," "Rock," "Custom," and "Xplod")
- My Best Position optimizes imaging for different seating locations in your vehicle
- CD Text
- CD-R compatible
- optional wired or wireless remotes
- 23.2 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 8 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 2 DIN side springs (for "E" mounting)
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Metal backstrap
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- 1 Machine screw
- 1 Plastic spacer
- 2 Face security screws
- Operating Instructions
- Installation/Connections sheet
- Warranty sheet
- "STOP - NEED HELP??" sheet (provides toll free Sony technical assistance phone #)
- Note on securing the front panel
Sony CDX-L550X reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CDX-L550X
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||23.2 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Display/Button Illumination: The main display line (which shows tuner frequency, track number, track time and text info), MBP indicator, EQ display, and menu navigation arrows (cross-key controls) are displayed with white illumination. The clock/source portion of the display, repeat indicator, and shuffle indicator are displayed with red illumination. The buttons are backlit with red illumination.
Dual Info Display: There is a portion of the display that can be set to show the source name (FM1, FM2, CD, etc.) or the clock, while the main display line shows CD Text, the track number and elapsed time, or the tuner frequency.
Motion Display: When the motion display is turned on, white lines above and below the main display line scroll back and forth. You can select Motion Display 1, Motion Display 2, or Off.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs and finalized CD-Rs. The unit reviewed by Crutchfield played a CD-RW disc, but Sony does not claim compatibility with CD-RW discs. Results with CD-RW discs will vary depending on the quality of the discs; there are audio CD-RW discs that this unit will not play.
Rotary Encoder Control with Cross-Key Control: This unit is equipped with a rotary control that turns like a conventional knob (for volume, bass, treble etc) and cross-key buttons (for seek and manual tuning, track advance and track search, etc) for easy, intuitive operation. There are four cross-key buttons; the four buttons are located immediately above, below, to the left and to the right of the rotary encoder for convenient operation.
My Best sound Position (MBP): When you are driving without passengers, MBP allows you to adjust the sound environment for improved listening. MBP has two presets that adjust the sound level of balance and fader. MBP-A adjusts the right balance level -4dB and the rear fader level -4dB. MBP-B adjusts the left balance level -4dB and the rear fader level -4dB.
EQ7: You may select one of the following EQ presets: Vocal, Club, Jazz, New Age, Rock, Custom, or Xplod. For each preset, you can adjust the following frequencies: 62Hz, 157Hz, 396Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 6.3kHz, and 16kHz. You can adjust each frequency from +10 to -10.
CD Text Capable: When used with a CD Text encoded CD, this unit will display the CD text information.
Station Memo: You can assign a name of up to 8 characters in length to each tuner preset station. Station Memos can be used with the List-up function to locate a station.
SSIR-EXA Adaptive Reception: The SSIR-EXA tuner is equipped with "Adaptive Reception". The Adaptive Reception feature has two (IF AUTO and WIDE) for optimizing FM reception. The "wide" mode decreases the tuner's selectivity but results in better frequency response. The auto mode automatically adjusts the tuner for a good balance between frequency response and minimum station-to-station interference. The Adaptive Reception feature cannot be turned off.
Source Tone Memory: Each source (AM/FM/CD) can store its own bass and treble levels.
Remote Compatibility: This receiver can be controlled by an optional wired rotary commander (item 158RMX4S) or optional wireless remote control (item 158RMX114).
Attenuator/Mute: The attenuate/mute function is accessible only by remote (remotes sold separately).
Cellular Mute Lead: This unit is equipped with a lead that mutes audio output when a cellular call is received, then restores the level once the call is over. To use this feature, you must have a cellular phone with a muting output that can be connected to the cellular mute lead.
Sound and Display Settings:
- Clock: Allows you to set clock time (clock displays on upper left hand portion of display).
- Beep: Turns the beep that unit normally makes when a function is selected On or Off. This beep sound is from the internal amplifier ONLY, not the preamp outputs.
- RM (Rotary Commander): Changes the control direction of the optional wired remote, so it corresponds to where the remote is mounted (left or right of steering column).
- D.INFO (Dual Information): Used to display the clock and play mode at the same time.
- M.DSPL (Motion Display): Allows you to select Motion Display 1, Motion Display 2, or Off.
- A.SCRL (Auto scroll): Automatically scrolls a disc or track name if it exceeds 8 characters.
- LOUD: Turns loudness function On or Off.
- LOCAL: Turns local seek mode On or Off.
- MONO: Turn mono mode On or Off.
- IF AUTO/WIDE: Allows you to select IF Auto or Wide Adaptive Reception mode.
- BTM (Best Tuning Memory): Selects the stations with the strongest signals and memorizes them in the order of their frequencies.
- Name Edit: Allows you to label a radio station or CD.
- Name Del: Allows you to delete the name that you have entered for a radio station or CD.
- EQ7 Tune: Allows you to select and adjust the EQ presets.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the power button once will turn off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. This makes the clock display and face/button illumination "Keyed" instead of "Unit On" only. To turn the unit off completely, you must press the OFF button for two seconds. Note: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you must turn the radio completely off (this defeats keyed operation), or you may wire the accessory power wire of this radio to an alternate source of accessory power to retain keyed clock and face/button illumination operation.