About the Sony WH-CH710N
Value-packed noise-cancelers with convenient features
The Sony WH-CH710N headphones use advanced circuitry and a sophisticated dual-mic system to cancel out a wide range of sound frequencies (including voices).
Value-packed noise-cancelers with convenient features
The lightweight Sony WH-CH710N wireless noise-canceling headphones boast a loaded set of features for this price. Not surprising. Sony has quite the reputation in this category. In fact, many Crutchfield customers consider their premium WH-1000XM3 model to be the absolute best in class.
While you shouldn't expect that same top-level performance or build quality here, there's a lot to like about the WH-CH710N. You get a well-padded, relaxed fit and music plays wirelessly via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most reliable Bluetooth yet. And Sony's adaptive noise-canceling circuitry helps knock out external distractions. It takes your surroundings into account, then adjusts the level of noise cancellation.
You get up to 35 hours of wireless noise-canceling use on fully charged battery. Great for those of us who constantly forget to recharge our headphones. Good news if you do run out of juice: 10 minutes of recharging provides enough power for over an hour of listening. (You can even go "old school" and plug them into a headphone jack with the included 3.5mm audio cable.)
Clear sound with strong bass
These headphones use 30mm drivers to deliver spacious, well-rounded sound. They are particularly strong in the mids and low-end, so expect clear vocals and hard-hitting bass.
Sony's signature pleasant fit
I always like the way Sony over-ears fit. I haven't had a chance to try the WH-CH710N headphones yet, but I have worn the model they are replacing. Those stayed in place well, but never clamp too tightly — crucial if you wear glasses like I do. Sony slightly tweaked the headband and oval ear cup designs this time around, so I expect they should feel even more comfortable.
Buttons on the right ear cup give you control over music, calls, and noise cancellation.
Free mobile app for Apple® and Android™ phones
Download the free Sony Headphones Connect app to your phone, and you can customize the sound to suit your listening preferences. Tweak the equalization, sound presets, and more. You can even choose MORE bass.
Easy earcup controls for music, calls, noise cancellation — and awareness
Press a button on the right earcup to choose the appropriate level of noise cancellation for your surroundings. That same button will activate "Ambient mode." This uses the built-in mics to let in important external noise or voices, while the music keeps playing.
There are also buttons to control your music and volume. If a call comes through, simply hit the answer button and take the call through your headphones.
- closed-back, over-ear Bluetooh headphones
- relaxed, well-padded headband and soft oval earpads for comfort
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- 30mm dynamic drivers tuned for deep, tightly controlled bass
Active noise cancellation and ambient mode:
- active noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- Sony's AINC technology analyzes outside noise and optimizes noise-cancellation
- dual-microphone system helps cancel human voices and other higher-frequency sounds
- ambient mode allows in external sounds to keep you better aware of your surroundings
- dedicated button for toggling noise cancelling and ambient modes
- earcup controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple® and Android allows you to adjust sound levels
- select from sound presets like Outdoor Stage, Club, Hall, or Arena
- dedicated earcup button summons Google Assistant on your smartphone or tablet
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- available for Apple® and Android™
- Amazon Alexa coming soon with future firmware update
- must repurpose the earcup Noise Cancellation button using the Headphone Connect app
General info and accessories:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 35 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- 10 minutes of recharging provides enough power for 60 minutes of listening
- detachable cable with 3.5mm miniplug connector for wired use
- includes USB-C cable for charging
- frequency response: 7-20,000 Hz (wired), 20-20,000 (Bluetooth)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 72 ohms (when connected via headphone cable with noise-cancellation "on")
- weight: 7.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHCH710N/B
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless headphones (black)
- 48" Audio cable (straight 3.5mm plug on one end and a right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 8" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Operating Instructions
- Limited Warranty (US + Canada)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WH-CH710N
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.165" x 3.879"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||7-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WH-CG710N Wireless Over-ear Headphones let you enjoy your favorite music or podcasts without wires getting in your way. With Noise Cancellation, you can shut out ambient noise to listen to your music and phone calls without distraction. These lightweight headphones use Bluetooth 5.0 for a reliable wireless connection up to 30 feet away. When you're finished listening, the headphones fold flat so you can easily throw them in your briefcase or purse.
Drivers: The headphones are equipped with large 30mm drivers that reproduce a wide range of frequencies. You'll hear lots of detail and solid bass from your music, and clear, hands-free conversations.
Bluetooth 5.0: The WH-CG710N has Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless listening from your smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth music player. The headphones are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and feature SBC and AAC codecs for enhanced sound quality. For NFC-compatible devices, you can easily pair the headphones to your phone by tapping your device on the "N" mark, located on the left ear cup.
Noise Cancelling/Ambient Sound: You can control how much ambient noise you hear while wearing the headphones. The Noise Cancelling function senses external ambient noise with the built-in microphones and produces an equal-but-opposite signal that cancels out the ambient noise. To maintain awareness of your surroundings, the Ambient Sound mode picks up and amplifies external noise. This improves safety as you walk down the street, or allows you to hear public announcements at the airport or train station. You can switch between Noise Cancelling and Ambient Sound modes via the dedicated button on the right ear cup.
Voice Assistant: The WH-CG710N is compatible with the Google Assistant that comes with the Android smartphone, and with Siri with the iPhone. When connected to your device via Bluetooth, you can speak through the headphones' in-line microphone to operate your device using voice commands. The Google Assistant/Siri feature can be activated by a simple button press.
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony WH-CG710N over-ear headphones have a built-in 3.7-volt Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which charges in approximately 7 hours via the included USB-C cable. Music playback and communication times vary when using Noise Cancellation (NC), Ambient Sound Mode, or with NC off (see Specifications below).
- Frequency Response (Passive): 7Hz - 20kHz (unit on)
- Bluetooth Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (@ 44.1kHz)
- Driver Size: 30mm
- Impedance: 72Ω (at 1 kHz with cable, unit on), 33Ω (at 1 kHz with cable, unit off)
- Sensitivity: 94 dB / mW (with cable, unit on), 100dB / mW (with cable, unit off)
- Charge Time: Approx. 7 hours
- Music Playback Time: 35 hours max (NC on); 40 hours max (Ambient Sound Mode); 45 hours max (NC off)
- Communication Time: 35 hours max (NC on); 35 hours max (Ambient Sound Mode); 40 hours max (NC off)
- Standby Time: 35 hours (NC on); 40 hours (Ambient Sound Mode); 200 hours max (NC off)
- 10-min Quick Charge: 60 minutes playback time
- Usage Time (with headphone cable): 50 hours max (NC on)
- Ear Cups: Width 3.165" Height 3.879" Depth 1.693"
- Headband: Width 0.94"
- Weight: 7.9 ounces