About the Sony HDR-CX100 Handycam®
Sony's HDR-CX100 offers stunning, high-def recording in a convenient package. Its built-in eight-gigabyte flash drive means you'll never have to worry about carrying tapes or discs with you again. A memory card slot lets you expand your recording capacity by adding optional Memory Stick® Pro Duo cards. And at just 11 oz., this compact camcorder is light enough to throw in a bag and take anywhere for those fun, spur-of-the-moment home videos.
Colorful, detailed high-def recording
The 'CX100's highly sensitive 2.3-megapixel CMOS image sensor will capture your memories faithfully. A powerful internal processor uses Sony's x.v. Color technology to help preserve more color and detail in every shot, giving you more natural looking footage. The 'CX100 can even take 1.99-megapixel still images in case you forget your digital camera.
Face recognition and Smile Shutter techonology
Sony's face detection feature recognizes up to eight faces in your frame while in video or photo mode, and adjusts the focus, exposure, and color to capture your subjects clearly. Smile Shutter technology automatically captures still images when your subject smiles even while you're recording video. And you can set the Smile Shutter feature to prioritize children or adults, so you can be sure to capture your loved ones' smiles.
Convenient recording and playback features
You can power on the camcorder simply by opening up the LCD screen, so you won't miss a shot. Built-in image stabilization helps you get steady closeups, while the zoom-in mic focuses on the sounds of your subjects and not the distracting sounds around you. When you're ready to play back your footage, simply connect the camcorder to your HDTV via a mini HDMI-to-HDMI cable (not included), and display your gorgeous high-def videos for friends and family.
Storage and Formats:
- holds at least 1 hour of HD video at maximum quality
- holds up to 6 hours of standard quality video
- records high-definition AVCHD video to a built-in 8GB flash memory or optional Memory Stick® PRO Duo cards
- maximum video resolution 1920 x 1080
- 2.36-megapixel CMOS (1.43 effective in 16:9 mode; 1.08 effective in 4:3 mode)
- digital photo mode takes 1.49-megapixel photos in 16:9 mode
- 16:9 widescreen mode for video and digital photos
- Dolby® Digital 2-channel audio from built-in zoom microphone
- 2-11/16" widescreen touchpanel LCD
- 10X Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® optical zoom lens (digital zoom to 120X)
- face detection recording with Smile Shutter still image capture
- simultaneous video recording and photo capture
- SteadyShot® image stabilization
- 10 Program AE (Auto Exposure) settings, including Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Portrait, Landscape, Sunrise and Sunset, Fireworks, Candle, Beach, Snow, and Spotlight
- x.v.Color technology
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface
- outputs: analog audio/video, component, and mini HDMI
- 2-3/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 11 oz. with battery
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- AC adapter/charger
- rechargeable InfoLithium® battery (NP-FH50)
- audio/video and USB cables
- Picture Motion Browser software for transferring and copying videos (Windows® only)
- MFR # HDRCX100
What's in the box:
- AVCHD 8GB flash-memory camcorder (silver body) with attached handstrap
- NP-FH65 InfoLithium battery pack (6.8V/6.1Wh)
- AC-L200C AC adapter with attached 5.5' cord (DC output: 8.4V/1.7A)
- 5' AC power cord
- 57" A/V connecting cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors and an RCA composite video connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other end)
- 58" Component video cable (has three RCA component video connectors and two RCA audio connectors on one end and a proprietary connector on the other end)
- 61" USB cable (has a USB type-A connector on one end and a Mini USB Version 2.0 connector on the other end)
- Handycam Application Software CD-ROM
- Operating Guide (Eng/Spa)
- Warranty sheet
- Online product registration information
- Sony Accessories brochure
- Wide Conversion Lens brochure
- Battery Pack/AC adapter removal note
- Notes on using a computer
Sony HDR-CX100 Handycam® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony HDR-CX100 Handycam®
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||2.7|
|Total Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||1,430,000|
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Optical Zoom||10 x|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||90|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||---|
|Built-in Photo Flash||---|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||4:3, 16:9|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|USB Port||2.0 High Speed|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||11|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|Image Sensor Warranty||---|
Ultra-Compact/Lightweight Design: The ultra-compact, lightweight Sony Handycam HDR-CX100 is designed for maximum portability. Measuring just 2.165"W x 2.355"H x 4.475"D and weighing just 11 ounces, the HDR-CX100 makes an ideal travel companion.
Note: The HDR-CX100 is available in your choice of silver, black, or red.
2.7" Touch Panel SwivelScreen LCD Screen: The 2.7" (16:9) LCD screen provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution. The high resolution 211,200 pixel (960 x 220) LCD screen rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles providing sharp and detailed images for monitoring or playback. Mirror mode allows you to view a mirror-image of the subject you are shooting in the LCD screen when the screen is rotated 180 degrees, but the image will still be normal when recorded. In addition, the LCD doubles as an "on-screen" touch panel, allowing you to navigate through the menu system by touching the LCD screen. The LCD screen frame contains zoom and recording controls for added convenience. The LCD also features an adjustable brightness and color level. You can also power on this camcorder by simply opening its LCD display (if you close the LCD while the camcorder is recording, the camcorder stops recording).
Note: This camcorder does not include a viewfinder.
Hybrid Recording: Hybrid recording technology delivers a new level of flexibility for transferring your video footage and digital photos from the camcorder to compatible viewing devices. Hybrid Recording allows you to record to the camcorder's internal flash memory, or choose instead to record to removable Memory Stick PRO Duo media. You can even select from various dubbing functions to easily copy video or still images from the internal memory to Memory Stick media without using a PC. Images recorded or transferred to Memory Stick media can then be played directly on your PC.
Flash Memory Camcorder: The Sony HDR-CX100 has an internal 8GB flash memory which will allow you to record video and still images. When recording video, the camcorder records in 2ch audio using the built-in microphone. The video can be shot in either a standard definition 4:3 or high definition 16:9 aspect ratio.
AVCHD 1080i Format: This camcorder captures high definition video footage in the AVCHD 1080i format as well as standard definition video in MPEG2. The AVCHD format is a high definition video camcorder format used to record an HD signal in 1080i on the units internal flash memory using efficient data compression coding technology. MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 is used to compress the video data while Dolby Digital or Linear PCM is used to compress the audio data. The result is image resolution of approximately 4.5 times that of standard definition image quality. Using the enclosed PC software, high definition footage can be copied onto DVD media through your computer. However, DVD media containing AVCHD footage should not be used with standard DVD based players or recorders, as the DVD player/recorder may fail to eject the media and may erase its contents without warning. DVD media containing AVCHD footage may be played on a compatible Blu-ray Disc player/recorder or other compatible devices.
3.6mm (1/5-type)ClearVid CMOS Sensor: Sony's newly designed 3.6mm ClearVid CMOS image sensor delivers bright, vivid, and spectacularly detailed video and still image footage with prolonged battery life. The ClearVid CMOS Sensor provides stunning detail and clarity with exceptional video up to 1080 lines of horizontal resolution in HD mode and 530 lines in SD Mode. The HDR-CX100's ClearVid CMOS Sensor provides 2,360,000 gross pixels. The 1,080,00 effective video pixels in 4:3 mode and 1,430,000 pixels16:9 mode provide excellent detail and clarity for exceptional digital video with up to 1080 lines of horizontal resolution. The 1,990,000 effective still megapixels in 4:3 mode and 1,490,000 effective still megapixels in16:9 mode provide exceptional digital still photography performance.
Exmor Technology and BIONZ Image Processor: Exmor technology captures images with high resolution and high sensitivity. In addition, the advanced Sony BIONZ image processor improves camera response time and screens out noise so the signal from each pixel is as pure as possible. The advanced Sony BIONZ Image Processor uses hardware-based Large Scale Integrated (LSI) circuitry that improves camera response time, screens out noise before RAW data conversion, handles Dynamic Range Optimization processing, and prolongs battery life.
x.v. Color Technology: x.v. Color technology enables the HDR-CX100 to capture nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the standard RGB color range, resulting in more natural, life-like images. You can even experience this expanded color range on your HDTV when you connect your camcorder to an x.v. Color capable display monitor via HDMI.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens: This camcorder features a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with an advanced multi-layer coating system, resulting in less glare and lens flare with increased contrast compared to other systems. The result is vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation and perfect renditions of subtle tones.
Optical/Digital Zoom: The camcorder has a 10x Optical Zoom for bringing your subject up close. It also features a selectable 20x or 120x digital zoom. Because the picture is processed digitally, the picture quality deteriorates the more you zoom in. The power zoom lever can be moved slightly for a slow zoom, or moved further for a faster zoom.
SteadyShot Image Stabilization: The SteadyShot Image Stabilization system uses motion sensors to remove unwanted picture shake without compromising picture quality like some other digital stabilization systems.
Focus Modes: The Sony Handycam HDR-CX100 features Manual, Auto Focus, Spot Focus, and Tele Macro modes.
- Manual Focus: With manual focus, you can manually adjust the focus of the camcorder using the touch panel. Manual focusing also allows you to control the focus in difficult situations where either the environment or the subject does not allow the camcorder's auto focus to perform optimally, such as when shooting through a window or in a crowded environment.
- Auto Focus: You can also select automatic focusing. When using autofocus, you can choose to focus on a subject in the center of the screen or with Spot Focus, focus on an off-centered object. The minimum distance between camcorder and subject while maintaining sharp focus is approximately 13/32" for wide angle and 31-1/2" for telephoto.
- Spot Focus: You can select and adjust the focal point to aim it at a subject not located at the center of the screen.
- Tele Macro: This feature is useful when shooting small subjects, such as flowers or insects. You can blur out backgrounds and the subject stands out clearer. You can recorded subjects as close as 19.75-inches in Tele-Macro mode.
Face Detection Technology: Made possible by the BIONZ image processing engine, Face Detection technology recognizes up to 8 faces anywhere in the frame and by selecting the most prominent, automatically controls focus, exposure, and color to help capture smiling faces brightly and clearly for video or photography. Face Detection technology also helps make skin tones look natural without affecting other colors in the image. The AVCHD camcorder allocates encoding bits on detected face areas prior to encoding other parts of the picture, making them sharper and clearer. In still picture mode, Face Detection technology also sets the flash level to optimize picture clarity.
Smile Shutter Technology: Smile Shutter technology lets the camcorder automatically take still photos when your subject smiles, even while shooting high definition video. You can also set the sensitivity (High/Medium/Low) and choose child, adult, or auto priority.
Exposure Modes: The Sony Handycam HDR-CX100 features the following Auto and Scene Select Exposure Modes.
- Auto: Select this mode to automatically record pictures effectively without the preset scene select modes
- Scene Select Modes: The following Scene Select modes are available to
suit your specific shooting requirements -
- Twilight Mode: maintains the darkening atmosphere of the distant surroundings in twilight scenes
- Candle Mode: maintains the dim atmosphere of a candlelit scene
- Sunrise/Sunset Mode: maintains the atmosphere of situations such as sunset and sunrises
- Landscape Mode: allows you to shot distant subject clearly
- Fireworks Mode: select to record all the splendor of fireworks
- Portrait Mode: brings out the subject such as people or flowers while creating a soft background
- Spotlight Mode: prevents people's faces from appearing excessively white when subjects are lit by strong light
- Snow Mode: help with shooting in very bright white conditions
- Beach Mode: prevents people's faces from appearing dark in strong light or reflected light.
Spot Meter: You can adjust and fix the exposure to the subject, so that it is recorded in suitable brightness even when there is strong contrast between the subject and the background, such as subjects in the spotlight on a stage.
Spot Meter/Focus: You can adjust the brightness and focus for the selected subject simultaneously. This function enables Spot Meter and Spot Focus at the same time.
White Balance Adjustment: Sets the color balance to the brightness of the recording environment. Your choices are:
- Auto: The white balance is adjusted automatically.
- Outdoor: The white balance is adjusted for the following conditions: Outdoors, night views, neon signs and fireworks, sunrise, sunsets, under daylight fluorescent lamps.
- Indoor: The white balance is adjusted for the following conditions: Indoors, party scenes and studios where lighting conditions change quickly, and under the video lamps or incandescent-like color lamps.
- One Push: The white balance will be adjusted according to the present ambient light.
Back Light: You can use the Back Light function to adjust the exposure for backlit subjects.
Auto Slow Shutter: The Auto Slow Shutter automatically activates the electronic shutter to adjust the shutter speed when recording in bright conditions. The shutter speed is automatically reduced to 1/30 second.
Guideframe: The Guideframe displays a frame around the recorded images and allows you to check the subject's horizontal and vertical position.
Data Code Function: The camcorder automatically records time codes along with the images you shoot, so you can display the date and time during playback or editing.
Bravia Sync: You can operate this camcorder with the remote control of your 2008 Sony Bravia television when connected together via HDMI.
Visual Index: The Visual Index allows you to view back six of your still images and/or videos at one time on the LCD screen from the camcorder's internal memory or optional memory stick.
Saving Video: Due to the limited capacity of the internal memory (8GB), you should save the video data to some type of external media such as a DVD-R or a computer. You can save the videos recorded on the camcorder as described below.
- Memory Stick Pro Duo: You can copy the images recorded on the camcorder's internal flash memory to an inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card within the camcorder, without the use of a PC.
- Picture Motion Browser Software:
By using the software of the supplied CD-ROM you can save images on
a DVD or the hard disk of your computer. You can use several methods to do
- One Touch DVD Burn: You can save images and files with ease by pressing DVD Burn button on the camcorder and using the supplied Picture Motion Browser software. This feature allows you to backup what is on the flash memory with the still images being recorded first.
- Saving Images To Your Computer: You can also transfer and save video files that are too large for a DVD to the hard disk of your computer.
- Creating a DVD With Selected Images: In addition, you can save images imported to your computer on a DVD. You can also edit those images.
- VCR and DVD Recorders/Writers: You can dub images played back on your camcorder to other recording devices,
such as VCRs or DVD recorders/writers. You can connect the device in either
of the following ways.
- A/V Output: The camcorder features a proprietary audio/video output, that when used with the supplied composite A/V cable or component AV cable, allows you to transfer content to your VCR or DVD/HDD recorder.
- USB Port: You can dub to movie dubbing compatible DVD writers using the camcorder's USB port and supplied USB cable.
Formatting: You can delete all the images on the built-in flash memory of the camcorder to recover recordable free space to allow you to write in by formatting the camcorder.
Empty: The Empty feature allows you to write non important data onto the internal flash memory of the camcorder. By doing this, it makes it more difficult to recover any original data from the flash memory. When you dispose or transfer the camcorder to someone, it is recommended that you perform this function. You must use the AC adapter for this function to operate.
Protect: You can protect movies and photos to avoid deleting them by mistake.
Multi-Language Menu: The camcorder allows you to select between English, French, or Spanish for the unit's menu language.
Easy Handycam: When the Easy Handycam mode is activated, most of the camera settings are set to the automatic mode, only basic functions are available, and the screen font size increases for easy viewing. This mode makes recording and playing back recordings less intimidating, even for first time users.
Built-In Lens Cap: The built-in lens cap opens manually with a switch located on the front of the camcorder.
Video Recording: The Sony HDR-CX100 has an 8GB flash memory which will allow you to record video. You can also choose to record video to an optional Memory Stick Pro Duo card. When recording video, the camcorder records audio 2ch stereo using the built-in microphone. When recording, you can choose to record in high definition (HD) or standard definition (SD). In the default setting, movies are recorded with high definition image quality on the camcorder's internal memory. You have the following HD and SD choices of video recording resolution quality:
- High Definition Recording Mode:
- AVCHD 16M (FH): movies are recorded with AVCHD 1920 x 1080/60i format with highest quality
- AVCHD 9M (HQ): movies are recorded with AVCHD 1440 x 1080/60i format with high quality
- AVCHD 7M (SP): movies are recorded with AVCHD 1440 x 1080/60i format with standard quality
- AVCHD 5M (LP): movies are recorded with AVCHD 1440 x 1080/60i format with long play quality
- Standard Definition Recording Mode:
- SD 9M (HQ): records in high quality mode
- SD 6M (SP): records in standard quality mode
- SD 3M (LP): records in long play mode
|Video Recording Times|
|Recording Mode||8GB Hard Disk||4 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo|
|FH High Definition||55 min||25 min.|
|HQ||High Definition||1 hr. 55 min.||55 min.|
|Standard Definition||2 hr. 0 min.||55 min.|
|SP||High Definition||2 hr. 25 min.||70 min.|
|Standard Definition||2 hr. 50 min.||80 min.|
|LP||High Definition||3 hr. 15 min.||95 min.|
|Standard Definition||6 hr. 0 min.||170 min.|
Note: You can record movies of a maximum of 3,999 scenes with high definition image quality (HD), and 9,999 scenes with standard definition image quality (SD).
Movie Dubbing: You can dub movies recorded on the built-in memory of your camcorder to an inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card within the camcorder without the use of a PC or other external dubbing device.
Auto Remaining: This feature displays the remaining internal memory space indicator for about 8 seconds on the LCD screen in certain operating situations. You can also set the built-in memory indicator to always stay on. When the remaining recordable time for movies is less than 5 minutes, the indicator stays on the screen regardless if this function is set to Auto or On.
Wide Select: When recording with SD (standard definition) image quality, you can select the recording aspect ratio according to the TV connected. Select between 4:3 or 16:9. When in HD mode the camcorder is automatically set to 16:9.
Fader Modes: You can select from "Black Fader" or "White Fader." You can add these modes to currently recorded pictures for fading in or out.
Built-In Zoom Mic: The Built-in Zoom Mic feature allows you to record sound with directivity as you move the power zoom lever. The camcorder's microphone level can be set to Low or Normal.
Face Index: Face Index makes it easy to find and play back the right video scene. Using Face Detection technology, Face Index indexes your video footage according to the faces detected in each scene. When it's time to play back video, simply search for what you want by selecting from among the detected faces displayed in the index
Film Roll Index: Like chapters in a book, Film Roll Index helps you easily find desired scenes in video footage. When using this feature, the camcorder previews the beginning of scenes and can create scene indexes set at specified display intervals (3, 6, or 12 seconds and 1 or 5 minutes).
Create Playlist: You can create a playlist of your favorite videos for playback. A Playlist is a list showing thumbnails of the movies that you have previously recorded and selected. You can add a maximum of 999 movies with HD image quality or 99 movies with SD image quality to a Playlist. The original movies are not modified even if you edit or delete the movies in the Playlist.
Divide Movies: The Divide Movies feature allows you to divide movies on the internal memory of the camcorder. You cannot restore movies once they are divided.
Digital Still Image Recording: The HDR-CX100 can record JPEG still images on either the unit's built-in 8GB flash memory or on an optional Memory Stick Pro Duo memory card (sold separately). Still images are recorded on the internal flash memory in the default setting.
Image Resolution: Photo mode captures high quality still images directly to a Memory Stick or the unit's built-in flash memory. In Still mode, you can choose one of the following resolutions: 4.0M (2304 x 1728), 1.9M (1600 x 1200), or 0.3M (640 x 480) for a 4:3 aspect ratio or 3.0M (2304 x 1296) for a 16:9 aspect ratio. Images are stored in the JPEG format providing easy transfer to PCs for e-mailing, printing, or sharing with family and friends. You can capture the following amount of still images to an inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card or the camcorder's internal Hard Disk Drive when the HDR-CX100's still image size is set to 4.0M.
|Image Size||Memory Stick Pro Duo and 8GB Flash Memory Capacity|
|1GB||2GB||4GB||8GB (internal memory)||16GB|
2304 x 1728 (4:3)
Dual Record: You can capture high quality still images onto an optional Memory Stick Pro Duo memory card while recording a video on the internal memory of the camcorder or vice-versa. Still images are recorded at 2.3 megapixel resolution in 16:9 mode or 1.7 megapixel resolution in 4:3 mode.
Capturing A Still Image From A Movie: You can save a selected frame from a recorded movie as a still image from the camcorder's Hard Disk Drive to an inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card within the camcorder or vice-versa. The image size is fixed depending on the image quality of the movie. A still 2.1 megapixel image is captured from a high definition movie, a still 0.2 megapixel image is captured from a 16:9 standard definition recording and a 0.3 megapixel image is capture from a 4:3 standard definition recording.
Copying Still Images: You can coy still images from the camcorder's internal memory to an inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card within the camcorder.
Self Timer: This feature starts to record your still image in about 10 seconds after the "Photo" button is depressed.
Date Index: You can locate the point on the internal flash memory or inserted Memory Stick Pro Duo card where the recording date changes.
Slide Show: You can automatically play back images stored on the flash memory of the HDR-CX100 or from an optional Memory Stick Pro Duo.
Playback Zoom: You can magnify still images from about 1.1 to 5x the original size during playback on the camcorder's LCD monitor.
Image Delete: Images may be deleted one at a time or all at once.
PictBridge: You can print directly from the camcorder to a PictBridge-compliant printer via USB cable, even if you don't have a computer. PictBridge is an industry standard established by the Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA). Through the camcorder, you can select the number of copies to be printed, up to 20, and choose to print the date and time on each picture.
Battery: This unit comes with an NP-FH50 InfoLithium battery, and the optional NP-FH70 and NP-FH100 are compatible with this camcorder. The InfoLithium system exchanges data about its actual power consumption with the camcorder for a more accurate estimate of recording time available. Cold temperatures will increase battery consumption.
Battery Display: At the touch of a button, battery information is displayed on the LCD screen when charging and when the camcorder is turned off. The display will show how much the battery is charged, in 10% increments and the recordable time left when using the LCD screen or in the viewfinder
Battery Life: The approximate charging, recording and play back times using the supplied battery (NP-FH50) is as follows.
|Battery Pack||Charging Time||Continuous Recording Time||Typical Recording Time||Playback Time|
|High Definition||Standard Definition||High Definition||Standard Definition||High Definition||Standard Definition|
|NP-FH50 (supplied)||135 min.||90 min.||110 min.||45 min.||55 min.||135 min.||155 min.|
|NP-FH70||170 min.||195 min.||235 min.||95 min.||115 min.||290 min.||330 min.|
|NP-FH100||390 min.||440 min.||535 min.||220 min.||265 min.||650 min.||745 min.|
Note: Typical recording time shows the time when you repeat recording start/stop, turning thee power on/off and zooming.
Auto Shut Off: When powered by the battery the camcorder can be set to turn off automatically if not used for 5 minutes.
A/V Output: This camcorder features a proprietary Audio/Video connection for use with the supplied composite or component A/V connecting cables for displaying the camcorder's contents on your television. You can change the aspect ratio of the camcorder's video output from 16:9 or 4:3 according to the screen aspect ratio of the TV you will view your video or images on. You can also choose to display the camcorders information, such as the time code on the screen of your TV during playback from the camcorder. The supplied A/V cables have a proprietary plug on one end and male stereo RCA audio and either a composite video or component video connections on the other end. The camcorder's Component Video Output supports 480i and 1080i. The unit's composite video output will only support standard definition (480i).
HDMI Output: High definition video can be output and seen on your connected High Definition television. using the camcorder's HDMI port. The camcorder's HDMI Output supports up to 1080i (HDV). The HDMI output can be set to 1080, 720p, or 480p. Standard Definition (DV) cannot be output through the HDMI out on the HDR-CX100.
Note: The camcorder does not come supplied with an HDMI cable.
USB Port: The camcorder has a mini-USB version 2.0 jack for connecting to a PC via the supplied USB cable. Connecting the flash memory camcorder to a PC via USB allows the computer to access the information on the camcorder's flash memory. You will be able to download still images and video files to your computer. You will be able perform the One Touch DVD Burn. This will also allow you to back up the files recorded on the flash memory onto a DVD. You can edit and save your video files onto your computer, then make DVD's of them using the Picture Motion Browser software that is supplied with the HDR-CX100. The camcorder can also be used as an external storage device, convenient for archiving, storing and transporting your videos and still images.
Memory Card Slot: The camcorder features a memory card slot for recording video or still images using Memory Stick Pro Duo memory cards. Still images and video are recorded on the internal flash memory in the default setting.
DC In Jack: The DC In Jack is for use with the supplied AC adapter and charger.
Included Software: The included software allows you to transfer images and video from the camcorder to a computer hard drive and view and store transferred images/videos. The supplied CD-ROM includes:
- Picture Motion Browser ver. 4.2.00
- Handycam Handbook
- Product Registration
Picture Motion Browser Software: You can enjoy the following functions after installing the supplied Picture Motion Browser Software on your PC.
- Creating a disc with one touch operation
- Importing images to a computer
- Editing imported images
- Creating an AVHCD format disc/DVD-video
- Copying a disc
- Uploading images and videos to sharing websites
Computer Requirements: Picture Motion Browser is for Windows users only and is not compatible with Macintosh computer.
Picture Motion Browser (Windows only)
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista SP1 (64-bit editions and Starter editions not supported)|
|CPU||Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or faster (Intel Pentium 4 3.6 GHz or faster, Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or faster, Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz or faster, or Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or faster is recommended)|
|Memory||XP: 512 MB or more (1GB or more is recommended), Vista: 1GB or more|
|Hard Disk Space||Disk volume required for installation: Approximately 500 MB (10 GB or more may be necessary when creating AVCHD format discs. 50 GB maximum may be necessary when creating Blu-ray discs).|
|Display/Graphics||Minimum 1,204 x 768 dots|
|Software||DirectX 9.0c or later|
|Others||High Speed USB 2.0 port, Blu-ray disc/DVD burner (CD-ROM drive is necessary for installation)|