About the Sony D-VE7000S
Watch movies anywhere with Sony's slim, easy-to-carry D-VE7000S. This DVD Walkman's vibrant 7" LCD screen gives you a great view, especially with movies produced in the theatrical widescreen format. Ergonomically designed side grips allow you to hold it comfortably in your hands, or you can stand it up on a table with the flip-out kick stand.
You'll enjoy up to three hours of uninterrupted DVD playback thanks to the built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The included charging cradle and AC adapter make it easy to freshen up the battery, plus the cradle features built-in stereo speakers for convenient playback. If you prefer private listening, simply plug in a pair of headphones. This Walkman gives you two headphone jacks, allowing you to share the movie magic with a friend or family member.
Your entertainment options don't stop with DVDs. The 'VE7000S can also play CDs and MP3 files burned to CD-Rs and CD-RWs. Digital photo buffs will appreciate the player's ability to display JPEG picture CDs. Or, plug a digital camera, video game console, or other external source into the 'VE7000S and use it as a sleek, compact monitor.
- 7" widescreen LCD display
- slim, one-piece design
- 3-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- charging cradle with built-in speakers
- AC adapter
- kick stand
- dual headphone jacks
- selectable audio/video input/output
- optical digital output for Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and PCM
- plays single and dual-layer DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, and DVD+R & DVD+RW
- plays music CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CDs
- plays JPEG digital photo CDs
- remote control
- 108MHz/12-bit video DAC
- 7-3/4"W x 5-3/8"H x 1-5/16"D
- 1.75 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # D-VE7000S
What's in the box:
- D-VE7000S portable DVD/CD walkman
- Built in Lithium-Ion battery (7.4V/850mA)
- Black plastic speaker cradle
- AC-ES1230K power adapter (12V/3A) with attached 40'' DC cord
- 6' AC cord
- 43'' Stereo Earbud headphones
- Black nylon carrying pouch
- RMT-DVE7000 wireless remote control
- Owner's Manual
- Headset safety instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony D-VE7000S
Overview: The Sony D-VE7000S offers a 7" Widescreen LCD screen with a built in DVD/CD player in a portable, ultra-slim design. Comes with a speaker dock for desk top use or a set of headphones for portable use.
LCD Screen: The built-in 7" Widescreen LCD is large enough to view movies 16:9 while still being portable.
LCD Mode: This button on the player or remote switches the screen type from 16:9 to 4:3 to screen off depending on what source you are viewing or listening to.
Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the brightness, contrast and hue of the screen through holding down on the LCD Mode button to access the adjustment menu.
Lithium Ion Battery: Built in Lithium-ion battery gives you up to 3 hours of battery life on one charge and is unobtrusive (comes already attached to the bottom of the D-VE7000S).
- LCD on: 3 hours of battery life
- LCD off: 7 hours of battery life
High power speaker/charging cradle: Comes with a desktop speaker/charging cradle that allow the D-VE7000S to rest vertically into. The cradle has 450mW + 450mW which can turn any space into your own personal theater. The unit also charges while resting in the cradle when the cradle is plugged into an AC outlet.
A/V Output: The player also features selectable video/audio in and out (selector switch located on left side with video out and optical audio out). The input select allows you to connect an external sources such as a game system, camera, or VCR and use the D-VE7000S as a monitor. The output select allows you to output signal from the D-VE7000S to a full size TV and sound system.
Dual Headphone Jacks: The DVD player is equipped with two 3.5mm headphone jacks to allow two people to enjoy music or a movie in privacy.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 audio files recorded onto a CD-R or CD-RW so you can listen to your favorite music you have recorded from your computer onto disc.
JPEG Playback: This unit can play discs recorded with JPEG files. Files are played back in a slide show fashion with 5 second intervals. You can select from 17 different slideshow patters to view your still images. You can also rotate images you have selected: 90° clockwise or 90° counter clock wise and up-side-down or reverse the image left to right.
Various Playback Modes:
- Repeat Playback (DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, JPEG): Select an item or folder to be played repeatedly.
- A-B Repeat Playback (DVD, VCD, CD, MP3): On DVDs, you can assign point A and point B on the different chapters.
- Shuffle Playback (CD, MP3, JPEG): You can play all the tracks on a disc or all the files in a folder in a random order.
- Program Playback (DVD, VCD, CD): You can play the contents of a disc in the order you want by arranging the order of the titles, chapters, or tracks on the disc to create your own program. You can program up to 20 titles, chapters, and tracks.
- Bookmark (DVD, VCD, CD): While playing a disc, you can put bookmarks where you want to play later. You can put up to 12 bookmarks on a disc.
- File List Playback (MP3, JPEG): The player selects and plays the files having the same extension
- Playlist Playback (MP3, JPEG): You can play the contents of a disc on the order you want by arranging the order of the files on the disc to create you own playlist. A playlist can contain up to 100 files of MP3 and JPEG mixed.
Notes: When the disc compartment lid is opened or the power is turned off, the bookmarks, programmed contents, and playlists are erased.
Using Setup Menu: Use Setup button on remote to access menu.
- Languages: Select between English, Spanish and French
- Screen Setup:
- TV Type: Select between 16:9, 4:3 Letter Box, or 4:3 Pan Scan for aspect ratio.
- Color System: Select between Auto (Outputs the original color system of the disc), NTSC (Always outputs the NTSC signal), or PAL (Always outputs the PAL signal)
- Audio Setup:
- Downmix: Select between Dolby Surround (Creates a 2-channel signal from a Dolby Digital sources) or Normal
- Digital Out: Select for when connecting to external electronic device - Dolby Digital, DTS, or PCM
- Audio DRC: Makes the sound clear when the volume is turned down when playing a DVD that conforms to DRC. Select between Standard or Wide Range (more effective with high quality speakers).
- Equalizer: You can set
the sound quality from the headphones and cradle speakers:
- Off: Normal
- Soft: Vocal/midrange audio
- Active: Emphasizes high and low range audio
- Heavy: Further emphasizes high and low range audio
- Mega Bass1: emphasizes bass sounds
- Mega Bass2: further emphasizes bass sounds
- Virtual Surround:
You can select the surround effects from the headphones or cradle
- Off: No effect
- Live: Club or live music sound effect
- Hall: Theater or Concert hall sound effect
- Arena: Stadium sound effect
Remote Control: The wireless remote control can operate playback, volume and menu functions of the D-VE7000S. Dimensions: H = 0.25", W = 2.125", L = 5.0625"
Kick Stand and ergonomic grip: Provides a comfortable and easy way to hold or display the unit while on the go (Located on back of unit).
Angle: You can select different angles if the DVD has multiple alternative angles recorded for the same scene.
Audio Output: You can select stereo or monaural for VCD or CD depending on the content (For example: recorded books on tape)
Hold: You can prevent accidental operation of the player by locking the controls. Hold switch is on right hand side of player.
Note: Even if the HOLD function is working on the player, you can operate the player from the remote.
Parental Control: You can limit playback of scenes unsuitable for children to view using the Parental Control feature. Parental Control locks are protected by a 4-digit password. You can choose a playback restriction rating between 1 and 8.
- 1 = G
- 2 = -
- 3 = PG
- 4 = PG-13
- 5 = -
- 6 = R
- 7 = NC-17
- 8 = No restriction
D-VE7000S DVD Walkman in Charger/Speaker Cradle: H = 7.11'', W = 11.26", D = 3.585"