About the Sony SELP1020G PZ 10-20mm f/4
Light and compact ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
Light and compact ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
The Sony SELP1020G renders wide-angle close-ups with beautiful out-of-focus elements.
Sony's super-compact and lightweight SELP1020G PZ 10-20mm f/4 lens lets you shoot from ultra-wide-angle perspectives with your Sony APS-C sensor mirrorless camera. It gives you a constant maximum aperture of f/4 throughout its zoom range for steady light as you close in or out on your subject.
This lens's two linear motors allow for fast, quiet, and accurate autofocus and tracking, whether you're shooting movies or stills.
Capture beautiful close-ups and vistas
This lens uses extra-low dispersion (ED) and Super ED glass and has three aspherical elements. That means that whether you're focusing on sunset afterglows or an exotic orchid, you'll get crisp, clear images with beautiful out-of-focus gradations and bokeh.
Weather-resistant and user-friendly
This dust- and moisture-resistant lens lets you keep shooting even when the weather turns. You can easily toggle between auto or manual focus on the fly with the AF/MF switch on the lens barrel. And the zoom lever lets you achieve super-slow, constant-speed zooms.
You can also customize the function of the lens-barrel focus hold button, so you can quickly get back to your most-used settings.
- ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount APS-C sensor mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length: 15-30mm
- ideal for photographing or capturing video of landscapes, architecture, big events, and more
- f/4 maximum aperture for excellent low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- dual linear motors for fast, precise autofocus and tracking
- quiet autofocus for shooting video
- zoom lever allows super-slow, constant-speed zooms
- customizable focus hold button on lens barrel lets you easily hold focus on your subject
- button can be assigned to perform other focus functions in your camera's menu system
Design and construction:
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- includes petal-shaped bayonet-mount lens hood and front and rear lens caps
- lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups
- 3 aspherical elements
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) and 2 Super ED glass elements
- minimum focus distance:
- 5.16 inches (manual focus, wide)
- 7.92 inches (manual focus, telephoto)
- 7.92 inches (autofocus)
- filter/attachment size: 62mm
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-3/4" in diameter and 2-1/4" long
- weight: 6.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SELP1020G
What's in the box:
Sony SELP1020G PZ 10-20mm f/4 owner's manual
- E PZ 10-20mm F4 G zoom lens (SELP1020G)
- ALC-F62S Front lens cap (installed)
- ALC-R1EM Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH169 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty sheet
Sony SELP1020G PZ 10-20mm f/4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Sony SELP1020G PZ 10-20mm f/4
Overview: The Sony E PZ 10-20mm F4 G (SELP1020G) is an ultra-wide angle zoom lens with an F4 maximum aperture that is constant throughout the focal range. The lens is ideal for landscapes, night scenes, and architecture, and provides extra mobility for active sports shooting using ultra-wide angles. The SELP1020G lens has a power zoom with a variable speed lever to give you more control. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a petal-shaped bayonet-type lens hood.
Compatibility: The SELP1020G has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras. It is optimized to work with cameras with an APS-C image sensor, and provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 15-30mm.
G Lens: This G-series lens features dynamic, ultra-wide perspectives with outstanding resolution across the frame. The lens' three aspherical elements help suppress field curvature which is typically found in ultra-wide angle lenses.
Auto Focus: The 10-20mm lens features fast, accurate auto focus, which is powered by two linear motors. The lens can smoothly track subjects when shooting high frame rate movies, and can follow fast-moving subjects when shooting still images.
Controls: The lens features the following controls:
- Customizable Focus Hold Button: Pressing and holding the Focus Hold button lets you cancel Auto Focusing and fix the focus at the current distance. When released, Auto Focusing resumes by pressing the shutter button halfway. The button can be assigned to a variety of other functions from a menu on the camera body. (Not available with all models)
- Focus Mode Switch: The AF/MF button on the lens barrel provides an easy way to switch from Auto Focus (AF) to Manual Focus (MF).
- Focus Ring: With the Focus Mode Switch in MF, rotate the focus ring to adjust the focus while you look through the camera's viewfinder.
- Power Zoom Lever: The sliding lever on the lens barrel lets you zoom in or out electronically. The lever has continuously variable zoom speed, which allows you to execute constant speed zooms that are difficult to do with the manual zoom ring. You can do super-slow, constant-speed zooms by slightly pushing the lever, or fast zooms by pushing the lever fully. The Power Zoom also helps to minimize camera shake, compared to manual zooming.
- Zoom Ring: The zoom ring lets you manually zoom in or out to the desired focal length. Manual zooming can be performed silently, compared to using the Power Zoom Lever.
Remote Zooming Control: In addition to controlling the zoom manually or with the power zoom lever, you can control the zoom remotely in a variety of ways. Zoom can be controlled using the optional GP-VPT2BT grip or the optional RMT-P1BT Remote Commander. In addition, you can use the Imaging Edge Mobile app, loaded on your smartphone or tablet. Remote zooming compatibility depends on the camera or accessory used.
Lens Construction: This Sony lens design features 11 lens elements in 8 groups, including two Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements, one ED glass element, and three aspherical lens elements.
Optional Filters: The E PZ 10-20mm F4 G lens features a 62mm diameter thread for attaching screw-on lens filters.
Lens Hood: The SELP1020G comes with the petal-shaped ALC-SH169 lens hood to protect the lens, block off-axis light to reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The bayonet-type lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length: 10-20mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 15-30mm
- Lens Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Design: 7-blade circular
- Angle of View: 109°-70° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- Auto Focus: 0.66' (7.92")
- Manual Focus (Wide): 0.43' (5.16")
- Manual Focus (Telephoto): 0.56' (7.92")
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 0.14x (AF); 0.18x (MF)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.75", Length 2.25" (2.79" with lens caps)
- Weight: 6.3 ounces