About the Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
A versatile lens for everyday photography
A versatile lens for everyday photography
This agile lens from Sony might just be the only lens you'll need for your next road trip or family gathering. Its generous focal range lets you transition instantly from wide-angle shooting to tight close-ups without having to change lenses, so you can easily experiment with different looks and background effects. Built-in image stabilization ensures sharp handheld images at longer focal lengths, slower shutter speeds, or in low light.
Use this lens to capture sprawling, wide-angle scenes or zoom in for close-up shots.
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length: 27-202.5mm
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- advanced linear motor technology for quiet, precise focusing
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements and 1 aspherical element for better sharpness and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 1.48'
- lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- filter/attachment size: 55mm
- includes lens hood and front and rear lens caps
- lens is 2-11/16" in diameter and 3-1/2" long
- weight: 11.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL18135
What's in the box:
- E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens
- 55mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH153 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before use
- For customers using an a-series Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Limited Warranty (US and Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS reviews
Excellent quality for the money. Very practical and versatile.
Pros: Quality value easy to use
Cons: a little weighty
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
Overview: The Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens is a wide range telephoto lens that is ideal for portrait, landscapes, and architecture photography, as well as everyday snapshots. It is designed to work with cameras equipped with an APS-C image sensor. With a wide zoom range, this single lens can cover a wide range of subjects and situations that normally require multiple lenses. The SEL18135 has a 7-blade circular aperture to provide a smooth bokeh effect (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Compatibility: The SEL18135 has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with APS-C sensor equipped cameras. On an APS-C camera, it has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-202.5mm.
Note: Using this lens on a full-frame camera may result in vignetting -- causing the corners of the image to become darker than the center.
Lens Construction: This Sony lens design features 16 lens elements in 12 groups. This includes one ED glass element to control chromatic aberration to deliver edge-to-edge sharpness and enhance the natural color reproduction, and two aspherical elements to suppress spherical aberrations (slight misalignments of the light rays projected on the image plane).
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): Sony's Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization gives you stable, blur-free images, even at slower shutter speeds or when you're zoomed in all the way. At high zooms, even the slightest hand movement can cause blurring and distortion. Optical SteadyShot is built-in, so it works continuously.
AF/MF Switch: The lens has a Focus Mode switch that lets you switch between AF (auto focus) and MF (manual focus). When in Manual Focus, you can turn the focusing ring to adjust focus while looking through the viewfinder.
Lens Hood: The SEL18135 comes with the petal-shaped ALC-SH153 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-1/2" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 18-135mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 27-202.5mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 - f/5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 - f/36
- Angle of View: 76°-12° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17.75"
- Maximum Magnification: 0.29x
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.646", Length 3.671" (4.163" with lens caps)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?