About the Sony SEL2470GM FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
The Sony SEL2470GM lens renders your subject in sharp detail with smooth background defocusing.
A brilliant match for Sony E-mount full-frame cameras
This 24-70mm f/2.8 lens from Sony gives you a moderate wide-angle to medium-telephoto focal range, useful for everything from landscape and architecture shots to portraits and detailed close-ups. A constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range lets you easily change focal lengths without having to alter your exposure settings. A newly designed XA (extreme aspherical) element gives this lens extra-precise detail rendering, while a 9-blade circular aperture provides smooth background defocusing. This lens works perfectly with Sony's latest high-resolution camera bodies to deliver photos with outstanding dimensionality.
- lens type: E-mount full frame (FE)
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 24-70mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 36-105mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- f/2.8 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- Nano AR coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- newly developed XA (extreme aspherical) element works with one ED (extra-high dispersion) element and one Super ED element for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- fast auto/manual focus switching with focus ring
- focus hold button for added control
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing
- hood lock mechanism prevents accidental hood detachment while hood release mechanism makes hood removal easier
- zoom lock switch locks zoom mechanism for safe transportation
- minimum focus distance: 1.24'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- nine rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 82mm
- lens is 3-1/2" in diameter and 5-3/8" long
- weight: 31.25 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps, soft storage pouch
- MFR # SEL2470GM
What's in the box:
- FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM (SEL2470GM)
- ALC-F82S Front lens cap (installed)
- ALC-R1EM Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH141 Lens hood
- Vinyl lens pouch
- Warranty sheet
Sony SEL2470GM FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL2470GM FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
Overview: The Sony SEL2470GM (24-70mm F2.8 GM) is a G-Master standard zoom lens. Sony G-Master lenses feature the most advanced optical technology to achieve spectacular resolution. This large aperture lens provides superior corner-to-corner resolution throughout the entire zoom range. The lens comes with a lens hood and vinyl lens pouch.
Compatibility: The SEL2470GM lens is equipped with a Sony E-mount, and has full compatibility with Sony Full-Frame Interchangeable Lens cameras, such as the ILCE-7RM2 and ILCE-7SM2. It is also fully compatible with the ILCE-6500, an E-mount APS-C camera. On the ILCE-6500, the lens has an equivalent focal length of 36-105mm. Partial compatibility exists with other ILCE-series and NEX-series cameras.
Direct Drive SSM: The lens is equipped with the Direct Drive SSM focus system, which gives you quiet and precise focusing for both stills and movies. The large, heavy optical assemblies require precise positioning to achieve pin-point focusing, both automatically and manually. Rubberized rings maintain easy operation, even in low temperatures.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the ALC-SH141 bayonet-mount lens hood to reduce flare and ensure maximum image quality. When mounted, the petal-shaped lens hood adds approximately 1.5" to the overall length of the lens. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens backwards.
- Focal Length: 24-70mm
- Equivalent focal length (APS-C): 36-105mm
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- Angle of View: 84°-34° (full frame cameras); 61°-23° (cameras with APS-C sensor)
- Minimum Focus: 1.25 feet
- Maximum Magnification: 0.24x
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Design: 9 blades, circular
- Filter Diameter: 82mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.5" Length 5.375"
- Weight: 31.3 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?