About the Sony FE 28mm f/2
A sweet wide-angle prime for your Sony mirrorless camera
This 28mm f/2 lens from Sony is perfect for shooting dramatic landscape or architectural scenes, group photos, and more. Its 11.5" minimum focus distance lets you get in close for crisp detail shots with beautifully blurred backgrounds. Dust- and moisture-resistance means you can use this lens indoors or out. And fast, silent autofocus makes it a winner for videographers.
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 28mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 42mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environmental conditions
- one AA (advanced aspherical) element works with two aspherical elements and two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- linear motor AF drive system for fast, accurate focus
- minimum focus distance: 11.5"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- includes lens hood, and front and rear lens caps
- filter/attachment size: 49mm
- lens is 2-3/8" in diameter and 2-9/16" long
- weight: 7.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL28F20
What's in the box:
- FE 28mm F2 lens (SEL28F20)
- 49mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH112 lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using
- Limited Warranty (US + Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony FE 28mm f/2
Overview: The Sony FE 28mm F2.0 is a wide angle prime lens (SEL28F20) with a bright F2.0 maximum aperture. The SEL28F20 lens has a 9-blade circular aperture to provide beautiful bokeh (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Compatibility: The SEL28F20 has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with a 35mm full frame image sensor, but can work with APS-C sensor equipped cameras, too. On an APS-C camera, it has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 42mm.
Lens Construction: This Sony lens design features 9 lens elements in 8 groups, including two aspherical lens elements, one advanced aspherical lens (AA lens) element, and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements. The lens also features a multi-coating for outstanding optical performance.
Lens Hood: The SEL28F20 comes with the ALC-SH112 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 28mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 42mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.0
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Design: 9-blade circular
- Angle of View: 75° (35mm), 54° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.52" (Auto Focus), 9.84" (Manual Focus)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.13x (Auto Focus), 0.16x (Manual Focus)
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.494", Length 2.586" (3.034" with lens caps)
- Weight: 7.1 ounces