About the Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
A versatile prime that's great in any light
This f/1.8 prime lens from Sony is perfect for indoor or outdoor use. Its 35mm focal length makes it versatile enough to capture landscapes and street scenes, as well as crisp portraits and detail shots with beautifully blurred backgrounds. An aspherical element allows precise rendering of details, and a nine-blade circular aperture provides smooth, gradual background defocusing.
- 35mm f/1.8 wide-angle prime lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 52.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environmental conditions
- customizable focus hold button on lens barrel provides added control
- 1 aspherical lens element for better image sharpness and contrast
- linear motor AF drive system for fast, accurate focus
- minimum focus distance: 8.8"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and case
- filter/attachment size: 55mm
- lens is 2-5/8" in diameter and 2-7/8" long
- weight: 9.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL35F18F
What's in the box:
- FE 35mm F1.8 lens (SEL35F18F)
- 55mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap
- ALC-SH159 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using
- For Customers Using an Alpha series camera
- Limited Warranty (US + Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
Overview: The Sony FE 35mm F1.8 is a wide angle prime lens (SEL35F18F) with a bright F1.8 maximum aperture. The SEL35F18F lens has a 9-blade circular aperture to provide beautiful bokeh (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Compatibility: The SEL35F18F has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with a 35mm full frame image sensor, but can work with APS-C sensor equipped cameras, too. On an APS-C camera, it has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
Lens Construction: This Sony lens design features 11 lens elements in 9 groups, including one aspherical lens element that suppresses optical aberration for great edge-to-edge detail.
Focus Modes: The lens has a focus mode switch on the barrel that lets you select AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus). For AF photography, both the camera and lens will need to be set to AF. For MF photography, either the camera or the lens can be set to MF.
Focus Hold: The lens is equipped with a focus hold button on the barrel. When the button is pressed and held, the AF function is canceled and the current focus is fixed, allowing you to release the shutter. To start Autofocusing again, release the focus hold button and press the shutter button halfway.
Note: The focus hold function does not function with all camera models.
Lens Hood: The SEL35F18F comes with the ALC-SH159 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1-1/4" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 35mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 52.5mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Design: 9-blade circular
- Angle of View: 63° (35mm), 44° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 8.76" (0.73')
- Maximum Magnification: 0.24x
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.594", Length 3.078" (3.573" with lens caps)
- Weight: 9.9 ounces