Sony Alpha a6400 Kit
24.2-megapixel mirrorless camera with built-in Wi-Fi® and 16-50mm zoom lens
From Sony: a6400 Mirrorless Camera
From Sony: a6400 Time-lapse Movie
Our take on the Sony Alpha a6400 Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Great performance from a compact camera
The Sony a6400 is a small camera with huge imaging power. It's light and compact enough to go with you anywhere, plus it's weather-sealed and tough enough to use in just about any outdoor conditions. A 24.2-megapixel image sensor and Sony's latest processing engine give you crisp, clear images with natural colors, even in low light.
The power of touch
The a6400's tilting touchscreen allows easy composition and intuitive shooting. Touch anywhere on the screen to focus, even when you're looking through the viewfinder. You can shift focus smoothly by swiping your finger across the touchscreen.
Keep up with subjects on the move
The a6400's responsive Fast Hybrid autofocus system has 425 phase detection points for capturing great action shots. This system can lock focus in as little as .02 seconds and track moving subjects throughout the entire frame for pinpoint accuracy in still images and movies. This camera can capture sharp action sequences at up to 11 frames per second.
Advanced features for videographers
The a6400 records video in Full HD and 4K. In Super 35mm format, data is processed from every pixel for extra sharp footage. S-Gamut and S-Log shooting let you adjust color, gradation, and dynamic range for richly detailed movies, even in low light. A clean HDMI output sends uncompressed movie data to an external recorder or monitor. You can keep recording internally to the camera even when using this function.
A great walk-around lens
The included 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS retractable zoom lens has an equivalent focal length of 24-75mm on the a6400, making it useful in a variety of situations, from wide-angle landscape and architecture photography to detailed close-ups and portraits. Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in low-light conditions and with higher zoom magnifications.
This lens's slim design retracts down to 29.9mm, barely adding any bulk to the a6400's already low-profile body. The electronically driven zoom mechanism has silent, smooth operation so it's great for video. A dual-function control ring on the lens barrel handles zoom in autofocus mode, and manual control in manual focus mode.
- 24.2-megapixel Exmor™ APS-C sensor for highly detailed images
- upgraded BIONZ X™ image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- includes 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 24-75mm)
- uses Sony E-mount lenses
- Sony LA-EA4 adapter allows you to use Sony A-mount lenses
- Wi-Fi lets you transfer photos and video to smartphones and tablets for easy image sharing
- Location Information Link via Bluetooth allows the camera to record location information through the free PlayMemories Mobile app
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- dust- and moisture-resistant tough magnesium alloy body
- ISO sensitivity range from ISO 100-32000, expandable to ISO 102400, for superior low-light imaging
- ISO Auto minimum shutter speed lets you set a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing to prevent image blur (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR)
- 3" high-resolution (921,000-dot) LCD touchscreen tilts up to 180° upward for easy self-portrait framing
- 2.36-million-dot Organic LED (OLED) super high-resolution electronic viewfinder for easy eye-level composition
- Bright Monitoring boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed
- 4K Ultra HD video recording with 100 Mbps maximum bit rate
- full HD 1080/60p video
- supports line input from professional audio devices with XLR terminal, with use of XLR adapter kit (sold separately)
- Gamma Display Assist lets you view video with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting
- Zebra function reliably warns you to avoid blown-out highlights when shooting video
- 425 phase-detecting AF points for more accurate focus throughout the frame
- enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system for precise movie AF; focuses in 0.02 seconds
- adjustable AF Tracking Sensitivity for extra stability or responsiveness, depending on the scene
- Touch Tracking lets you track moving subjects by touching the LCD screen.
- AF in Focus Magnifier lets you use AF while enlarging a selected image on the viewfinder or LCD screen, for finer adjustment of focus
- Expanded Flexible Spot function automatically detects surrounding AF points to restore focus instantly on moving subjects
- Eye AF (available in AF-C mode) automatically focuses on and tracks focus on a subjects eye as the face moves
- High-density Tracking AF technology for reliable focus accuracy and tracking stability
- Silent Shooting mode uses an electronic shutter that cuts out shake caused by mechanical shutter movement
- built-in flash
- compatible with Sony's Imaging Edge™ desktop and mobile apps for shooting, editing, and sharing images
- high-speed continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second
- uncompressed, clean HDMI output (cable not included) supports 4K and full HD
- power supply via USB connection to PC or mobile battery conserves camera battery
- 3.5mm microphone input
- Includes NP-FW50 battery, AC adapter, power cord, shoulder strap, and Micro-USB cable
- 4-3/4"W x 2-11/16"H x 2-3/8"D
- weight: 14.3 oz. (with battery and memory card)
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-75mm|
|Image Stabilization||With optional lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||14.3|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.