- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length: 105-525mm
- quiet XD (extreme dynamic) linear motor for fast, precise autofocus
- customizable focus hold button for added control
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- minimum focus distance: 3.61'
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 19 elements in 13 groups
- one aspherical elements and three ED (extra-low dispersion) elements for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- attachment/filter size: 67mm
- includes front and rear lens caps and lens hood
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 5-5/8" long
- weight: 22.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL70350G
What's in the box:
- E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS lens (SEL70350G)
- 67mm Lens cap (installed)
- E-mount rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH160 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before use
- Limited Warranty (US+Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
- "For customers using an a series Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera" booklet
Sony E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS
Overview: The Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS (SEL70350G) is super-telephoto zoom lens for Sony mirrorless cameras with the E-mount, especially those with an APS-C image sensor. The 5x zoom lens features Optical SteadyShot (OSS) that reduces blur caused by camera shake. Sony G lenses are designed and manufactured to the highest standards of optical performance, giving you superb clarity and sharpness at all focal lengths.
Lens Construction: The SEL70350G has 19 elements in 13 groups, including one aspherical element, and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses to supress aberrations, and provide high resolution throughout the zoom range. It features a moisture- and dust-resistant design.
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): The lens is equipped with Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization technology. You can turn OSS on or off via the switch on the lens barrel. Shooting at long zoom ranges without a tripod makes it difficult to get blur-free shots. Optical SteadyShot compensates for camera shake common with handheld photography, giving you sharp, clear images. You should turn off OSS when using a tripod.
XD Linear Motor: The lens utilizes its XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motor to capitilize on the speed potential of the camera body and give you fast focusing, and to track moving subjects wherever they go. The motor operates in total silence which makes it ideal for recording videos.
Circular Aperture: The lens is equipped with a circular aperture which provides smooth, natural defocusing.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens has a Focus Mode Switch to let you choose between Auto and Manual Focus. For AF photography, you should set both the camera and the lens to AF. For Manual Focus, you can have either the camera or the lens set to MF.
Focus Hold: The SEL70350G is equipped with a Focus Hold button on the lens barrel. When shooting in Auto Focus mode, pressing the Focus Hold button cancels the AF to fix the current focus, allowing you to take the shot. Releasing the button while pressing the shutter button halfway starts AF again.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the ALC-SH160 lens hood which helps prevent lens flare, and protects the front lens element. When installed, the lens hood adds approximately 1-5/8" to the overall length of the lens. The hood can be stored on the lens by installing it backwards.
- Focal Length: 70 - 350mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 105 - 525mm
- Angle of View (APS-C Sensor): 22° - 4°40'
- Maximum Aperture: F4.5 (W) - F6.3 (T)
- Minimum Aperture: F22 (W) - F32 (T)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.23x
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- At 70mm: 3.61' (43.32")
- At 350mm: 4.93' (59.16")
- Lens Construction: 19 elements in 13 groups
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Physical Dimensions:
- Length: 5.794" (6.304" w/lens caps)
- Diameter: 3.302"
- Weight: 22.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?