- ultra-high-speed CFexpress Type-A memory card for select cameras, including the Sony Alpha a7S III
- 80GB capacity
- ideal for recording video in up to 8K, and for high-resolution burst photography
- write speeds: up to 700MB/s
- read speeds: up to 800MB/s
- heat-dissipating materials ensure consistent high-speed data transfers
- suitable for extreme temperatures, with an operating range of 14° F to 158° F
- resists X-rays, electrostatic environments, and UV light
- IP57-rated dust- and water-resistant
- compatible with Sony's CFexpress Type-A card reader
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CEAG80T
What's in the box:
- 80 GB CFexpress Type A memory card in plastic case
- Operating Instructions
- Limited Warranty
- Caution sheet
Sony CFexpress Tough reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CFexpress Tough
Overview: CFexpress Type A memory cards are a new standard for fast, high-capacity, compact data storage. This CFexpress Type A card has approximately twice the speed of the fastest SDXC cards. They are built for the high-speed data transfer of high-resolution bursts on advanced mirrorless cameras. Physically, CFexpress Type A cards are the same size as SD cards, and, in some cases, can work in cameras that accept SD cards. As of April 2022, this Sony CFexpress Type-A card is compatible with the following cameras:
- Sony α 7S Mark III
- Sony α 7 Mark IV
- Sony α 1
Blazing Fast Transfer Speeds: The 80 GB G-series Sony CFexpress memory card has a write speed of up to 700 MB/s, and read speed of up to 800MB/s (compared to 299 MB/s write speed and 300 MB/s read speed for Sony's UHS-II SDXC cards). It also carries the VPG (Video Performance Guarantee) 400 rating. The interface of this Type A CFexpress card has a single PCIe Express Gen3 lane, compared to the larger Type B CFexpress cards, which have two lanes. The CFexpress memory card's higher data transfer speeds are ideal for high-resolution burst shots or high bitrate video. With the optional MRW-G2 card reader connected to your computer via a SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.2) interface, the card can help to speed up your workflow and improve productivity to give you more time for your creative work.
Actual Usable Memory: Because some of the 80 GB memory is used for system management data, the actual usable memory space is 70.3 GB.
Protection: This Sony CFexpress TOUGH card's external shell is designed for toughness, with 10 times more rigidity than the CFexpress standard, plus additional tests of up to 150 newtons of force. The contact pins are recessed to protect them from dust, electrostatic shock, or damage from impact. The G-series card is tested to withstand 8-meter drops (24.6 feet). In addition, the card is capable of withstanding extreme temperatures (-13°F to 158°F), X-rays, electrostatic shocks, and intensive UV sunlight. The card body also has an IP57 rating for dust and moisture ingress protection.
File Rescue Software: The Sony G-series CFexpress Type A memory card is compatible with Sony's File Rescue software, which helps recover damaged or lost data. File Rescue uses an advanced algorithm to recover RAW images, MOV movie files, and 4K XAVC S movie files, captured on Sony, Canon, and Nikon devices. Sony's File Rescue is available for free download to devices running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and macOS 10.13 - 10.15.
- Capacity: 80 GB
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Operating Temperature: +14°F to +158°F (-10°C to +70°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +185°F (-20°C to +85°C), non condensing
- Dimensions: Width 0.788", Height 1.11", Depth 0.112"
- Weight: 0.11 ounces (3g)