About the Sony ECM-GZ1M
This shotgun-style microphone helps zero in on sound in front of the camera, so you can hear your subject speaking clearly, while rejecting the ambient noise going on around the camera. This mono microphone is powered by your camera, and is compatible with Sony Handycam video recorders and digital cameras that feature the Active Interface Shoe. In Zoom mode, the microphone syncs up with your camera's lens, so you automatically zoom in on the sound you want as you're dialing in the image.
- shotgun-style mono microphone helps capture sound in front of the camera
- attaches to any Sony camera with an Active Interface Shoe (not included)
- powered by, and controlled by, your camera
- Zoom mic mode adjusts audio range to match video zoom position
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ECMGZ1M
What's in the box:
- Shotgun microphone for Sony cameras
- Plastic terminal cover
- Foam windscreen
- Plastic Spacer
- Cloth pouch
- Operating Instructions
More details on the Sony ECM-GZ1M
Overview: The Sony ECM-GZ1M is "Gunzoom" microphone designed for use with select Sony Cyber-shot, HandyCam, and α (alpha series) Interchangeable Lens cameras. The mono mic receives power, and is controlled by the camera through the Multi-Interface Shoe. It also works with select cameras with an Active Interface Shoe. The microphone comes with a foam windscreen, plastic adapter insert, and a cloth storage pouch.
Modes: The microphone is equipped with a 3-way slide switch on its side that lets you select one of the following operating modes:
- Zoom: The microphone performs as a zoom microphone, adjusting the audio range according to the zoom position of the video. The Zoom position synchronizes the directional sensitivity (stereo panorama) with the video zoom feature.
- Gun: The Gun mode lets you target and record sound in a specific direction. The microphone is not synchronized with the zoom, and becomes a super-directional pattern.
- Off: Turns off the microphone.
Note: The Zoom microphone mode may not work with some cameras, depending upon the lens connected to the camera. In this case, the audio will be recorded by the camera's built-in microphone.
Wind Screen: The ECM-GZ1M comes with a black foam windscreen that fits the entire length of the microphone. The windscreen should be used when the microphone is picking up popping noises from the wind or breathing. It should be removed when it gets wet with rain.
Spacer: The microphone includes a plastic spacer that can be used when installing the mic on a camera with a hinged shoe cover. If the mic picks up the noise of the shoe cover hitting against the microphone, the adapter can be inserted to hold the shoe cover away from the microphone.
- Type: Electret Condenser Type
- Frequency Response: 150Hz - 15kHz
- Pickup Pattern: Super-directional
- Dimensions: Length 4.17", Width (knob) 1.094", Mic Diameter 0.727", Height 2.3"
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?