About the Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS
A one-lens solution for any occasion
Sony's FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS zoom lens renders your subject sharply with smooth background defocusing.
A one-lens solution for any occasion
This 24-105mm lens from Sony gives you the ability to go from wide-angle shooting to tight close-ups at a moment's notice. And with the high-quality images you'll get with it, you may just want to keep it on your camera at all times. It's perfect for shooting landscapes, portraits, and everything in between.
A constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range ensures your images will be consistently well-exposed since you can change focal lengths without having to adjust exposure settings. Specialized lens elements and coatings reduce lens flare and improve contrast and clarity for tack-sharp photos with accurate color rendering and minimal distortion.
- lens type: E-mount full frame (FE)
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 24-105mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 36-157.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout zoom range
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- Nano AR anti-reflective coating effectively counteracts flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color
- protective fluorine coating allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 3 ED (extra-low dispersion) and 4 aspherical lens elements for better sharpness and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 1.25'
- lens construction: 17 elements in 14 groups
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- focus hold button for added control
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, lens case
- lens is 3-3/8" in diameter and 4-1/2" long
- weight: 23.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL24105G
What's in the box:
- FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS zoom lens
- 77mm Front lens cap (installed)
- E-mount rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH152 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using booklet
- Limited Warranty (US/Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS
Overview: The Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS zoom lens is a full frame (35mm) wide range mid-telephoto lens that is ideal for portrait, landscapes, and architecture photography, as well as everyday snapshots. With a wide zoom range, this single lens can cover a wide range of subjects and situations that normally require multiple lenses. The SEL24105G has a 9-blade circular aperture to provide a smooth bokeh effect (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and a soft storage case with a drawstring closure.
Compatibility: The SEL24105G has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with full frame (35mm) image sensors, but can be used on APS-C sensor equipped cameras in a crop mode.
Lens Construction: This Sony G lens design features 17 lens elements in 14 groups. This includes 4 aspherical elements, two of them advanced, to suppress spherical aberrations (slight misalignments of the light rays projected on the image plane). Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements control chromatic aberration to deliver edge-to-edge sharpness and enhance the natural color reproduction.
Internal Focus: The FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS zoom lens has an internal focusing system in which only the middle groups of the optical system move when focusing. The overall length of the lens does not change while focusing.
Constant F4 Aperture: The lens maintains a constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range. The exposure and depth-of-field stay the same, no matter how far in or out you zoom.
Nano AR Coating: Sony lenses feature Nano AR Coating which reduces flare and ghosting that typically occurs in backlit situations. The result is consistently high contrast and clarity in your photos in all lighting situations.
Fluorine Coating: The front element of the SEL24105G features a fluorine coating that prevents fingerprints on the lens and stops dirt from sticking. This allows you to easily wipe away dirt and fingerprints that may appear on the lens surface.
Direct Drive SSM: A Direct Drive Super Sonic Motor (DDSSM) drives the focusing system, and provides fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus. This lets you concentrate fully on framing and capturing your still images and movies.
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): Sony's Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization gives you stable, blur-free images, even at slower shutter speeds or when you're zoomed in all the way. At high zooms, even the slightest hand movement can cause blurring and distortion. Optical SteadyShot can be turned on or off as desired, using the switch on the lens barrel.
Lens Controls: In addition to the OSS switch, the lens has a Focus Mode switch that lets you switch between AF (auto focus) and MF (manual focus). When in Manual Focus, you can turn the focusing ring to adjust focus while looking through the viewfinder. The Focus Hold button on the lens barrel lets you cancel Auto Focusing and fix the focus. The focus remains fixed as long as you hold in the Focus Hold button. To start Auto Focusing again, release the button and press the shutter button halfway.
Lens Hood: The SEL24105G comes with the petal-shaped ALC-SH152 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-1/4" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 36-157.5mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of View: 84°-23° (35mm), 61°-15° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15"
- Maximum Magnification: 0.31x
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.282", Length 4.69" (5.187" with lens caps)